Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which country doesn't tax a dedicated server located within it's borders?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Which country doesn't tax a dedicated server located within it's borders?

mishavmishav Member
edited October 2021 in Help

Which country doesn't tax a dedicated server located within it's borders? I have heard that having a dedicated server in many countries could make you liable for taxes when running an online business and considered a permanent establishment. Same question for a virtual machine? Same question for web hosting?

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Is this another one of those bots

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Yeah, another bot.

I guess this kind of traffic boost works might as well.

• edited October 2021

It's just missing a spammy signature. Probably thats coming soon.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@mishav said:
    Which country doesn't tax a dedicated server located within it's borders? I have heard that having a dedicated server in many countries could make you liable for taxes when running an online business and considered a permanent establishment. Same question for a virtual machine? Same question for web hosting?

Shutdown.

• @mishav said:
    I have heard that having a dedicated server in many countries could make you liable for taxes when running an online business and considered a permanent establishment.

Where have you heard this?

Congrats on your first post

• bdlbdl Member

China, since your server is dedicated to the government from day zero. :wink:

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • Wow. Now I'm also tempted to say that the end is near.

(Though I wouldn't call the OP's opening post a "quality" forum post, but then again, I imagine that the bar is pretty low for what counts as a "quality" forum post.)

• rustelekomrustelekom Member, Patron Provider

Depend from what tax you meant. If you talk about VAT then it is in more case depend from type of company rather than type of services. > @mishav said:

Depend from what tax you meant. If you talk about VAT then it is in more case depend from type of company rather than type of services. In Russia as well as in EC many company do not pay VAT at all.
    Also, at least for Russia, no other tax applied to dedicate, virtual servers or for shared hosting. Also, to be honest, i do not heard that such specific tax applied in any country.

Using dedicated, virtual, shared services in any country does not make your company a resident of that country. Of course, you must comply with the laws of the country in which the company is registered and in which you host servers (if this does not contradict each other). But in any case, this usually does not apply to tax legislation.

• @mishav

Are you asking a question or making a statement?

• @vyas11 said:
    @mishav

Are you asking a question or making a statement?

I suspect that @mishav is long gone, but we'll see -- maybe I'll be surprised

Thanked by 1vyas11