Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH Payment went wrong :p
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH Payment went wrong :p

hzhoangleehzhoanglee Member
edited October 2021 in General

On 17 Oct last year, I ordered "VPS Essential 2" with one year period at $120.61 USD. The server was good, no issue until yesterday.
This time, I wanted to pay for my server monthly, and I clicked renew and then select 1 month period and it showed $120.61 USD.

Tried to open a ticket and more than 24 hours later, no response.
Now the server is down, nothing to do except paying for a whole year.
Is this something normal to OVH?

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

They have paid support plans now for when the value is there for you. But yeah buggy automation and slow replies aren't terribly unusual. Though, the number of issues to customers is probably relatively low.

• Check if you committed to 24 months price?

• @giang said: Check if you committed to 24 months price?

Nope. Just 12 months only but I paid it upfront.

• You might be able to check for errors on browser console

• Seem they don't allow monthly payment for your package, annual payment only

• that seems the annual price. Tried selecting 1 year and also 1 month? what's the final price reflected at check-out?

• edited October 2021

I have similar issue, I bought several domain there on 2017. During renewal of the domain in 2018, I select two years contract and paid it with double the amount of annual contract. On 2020 I received new invoice for that domain, with same amount as previous invoice, I did not read the detail and just paid it. I thought it was okay until 2022.

For my surprise, on 2021, I received new invoice for that domain, I ask them via ticket but no response and it closed. Then I check the invoice, it turned out that the 2020 invoice were buggy and the 2-years contract term like the 2018 invoice were missing. I had to pay it because only a day before its expiration date, double amount for 1 year contract.

I tried to contact them again by ticket explained that things, but they said the amount on 2020 and 2021 invoice were correct and my domain renewal price were increased to 2x from my previous one. I planned to move it to different registrar before its expiration date.

I check their website and the renewal price is still same as 2018 price: https://www.ovh.ie/domains/prices/
    I am not sure why their CS mentioned that the renewal price increased to 2x while their page mentioned the old price.

The point of my issue is don't try change the billing/contract period with them. It is buggy.

• Beware of buying service with OVH, their payment method is pre-authorisation on paypal. U order, they charged ur card, u need to wait ur service being provided while ur money on-hold. And their support almost non-existent, it has been 2 weeks, I still didn't get any reply.

• @asthen said:
    Beware of buying service with OVH, their payment method is pre-authorisation on paypal. U order, they charged ur card, u need to wait ur service being provided while ur money on-hold.

Isn't that normal procedure?

• dnetworkdnetwork Member, LIR

@chocolateshirt said:

@asthen said:
    Beware of buying service with OVH, their payment method is pre-authorisation on paypal. U order, they charged ur card, u need to wait ur service being provided while ur money on-hold.

It is a normal procedure, but OVH support is too slow
    They don't respond when they pay and don't care if the server shuts down :)

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

This is normal, since its OVH.

The old KS1 from 2013, which has the same Hardware as the current KS1, was 2.99€ right.
    https://lowendbox.com/blog/kimsufi-e2-99month-2gb-atom-dedicated-server-in-roubaix-france/

They price hiked it, to 3.99€ due to added DDoS protection.
    All good so far.

However, for some reason, the price remained higher, than a current KS1 from Kimsufi.
    I usually paid about 35€/y + VAT for it (it was cheaper yearly), but since the changes, I actually got billed 60€ + VAT, even the monthly price was higher.

Where the current KS1 is CHEAPER than the old KS1.
    Don't even fucking ask, its OVH.

• JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

Give them a call. They usually fix it while your on the phone, billing excludes the support package.

• friendhostingfriendhosting Member, Patron Provider

This is most likely just a mistake. Otherwise, I cannot explain the existence of other payment terms besides 1 year.

• @chocolateshirt said:

@asthen said:

No, This is pre-authorisation I am talking about.
    It's different from normal purchase, u don't have the option to cancel or dispute option.

Let's say I buy service from other provider.
    I use paypal to pay, I purchase their service, and it's charging the card, at least we have option to dispute if the service not being provided.

But on pre-authorisation, u can't do any shit, no dispute option, u need to wait them to cancel the on-hold money :smile: