Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

buyshared under attack?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

buyshared under attack?

gappergapper Member
edited October 2021 in Outages

transfer speed to my reseller account (las vegas) is painfully slow and also frantech customer area is very slow

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@gapper said:
    transfer speed to my reseller account (las vegas) is painfully slow and also frantech customer area is very slow

Mind PMing me an IP and I can take a look?

Also which node and what ip you're connecting to for ftp or whatever you're using.

Francisco

• Sent.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Everything is super responsive for me right now, just for comparison.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Could be the GFW sneaking up to you.

• deankdeank Member, Troll
  • Most likey to be OP's ISP at fault here. Fran's known for running a good network.

edited October 2021

@dahartigan said:
    Most likey to be OP's ISP at fault here. Fran's known for running a good network.

50/50 shot usually. It's better than the price paid, Fran doesn't buy a Ferrari and sell a Kia. On the better end of budget services but better networks can be had for higher prices. Fran is my boy but honesty is my thing.

• @jar said:

@dahartigan said:
    Most likey to be OP's ISP at fault here. Fran's known for running a good network.

50/50 shot usually. It's better than the price paid, Fran doesn't buy a Ferrari and sell a Kia. On the better end of budget services but better networks can be had for higher prices. Fran is my boy but honesty is my thing.

Just out of curiosity you consider which company with good connectivity(high price). Google, Amazon, linode, vultr?

@jar said:

@dahartigan said:

Our network is about as good as I can get it while still giving the prices we do and the included BW as well :) It's pretty decent, not perfect, but I'm not going to get it in 'off markets' like Vegas.

Anyway, GTT's been kinda shitting the bed globally for the past day or so. I was seeing around 25% TCP packet loss all of yesterday and I know a few providers that either deperf'd it, or fully turned down their ports.

The OP was favoring GTT on the return (us->him) so I told it to prefer Hurricane for now.

Lets see if that solves it.

Francisco

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Any company that manages to establish a DC on Luna will be the best company.

And one that does the same on Mars will be Supermemo company.

Those who are stuck on Earth will never be able to move forward.

@jonatha said:

@jar said:

@dahartigan said:

Just out of curiosity you consider which company with good connectivity(high price). Google, Amazon, linode, vultr?

A good number of upstreams + noction, with an attitude of "cost be damned" is the recipe for the best network. My favorite will always be Incero, and Hivelocity is now the owner of that.

Thanked by 2jonatha pedagang
  • @Francisco said:
    The OP was favoring GTT on the return (us->him) so I told it to prefer Hurricane for now.

Do you guys know if this is immediate or it will take days for the ISP to catch it up?

• @jar said:

@jonatha said:

@jar said:

@dahartigan said:

A good number of upstreams + noction, with an attitude of "cost be damned" is the recipe for the best network. My favorite will always be Incero, and Hivelocity is now the owner of that.

I wish I had a @jar and @Francisco level of networking knowledge. I'm not gonna lie, when the Facebook BGP shit happened, I had to google what that actually meant. Fran offers BGP sessions, that's gotta be something that only someone who knows their shit could do, right?

Thanked by 2jar maverickp
  • dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

@jar said:
    It's better than the price paid, Fran doesn't buy a Ferrari and sell a Kia. On the better end of budget services but better networks can be had for higher prices. Fran is my boy but honesty is my thing.

@jonatha said:

Maybe @Clouvider?

In many ways comparable to @Francisco. Just with Ferraries instead of Kias. :lol:

@gapper said:

@Francisco said:

Do you guys know if this is immediate or it will take days for the ISP to catch it up?

This just controls the path from us->you, it's not easy for us to control you->us.

But, when downloading from our servers (actual downloads, loading a website), that's us->you, so it should be immediate.

Francisco

Thanked by 1gapper
  • If there was an attack, my money would be on that piece of shit @tinyweasel being behind it.

That guy is fucked in the head on so many levels it's hard to know whether to feel bad for him or not. I just assume he's got some severe psychological issues that he's not getting treated.

Thanked by 1PieHasBeenEaten
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@deank said:
    Any company that manages to establish a DC on Luna will be the best company.

And one that does the same on Mars will be Supermemo company.

Those who are stuck on Earth will never be able to move forward.

Matt Damon owns a data center on Mars.
    My Antarctica IPv9 VPS has peering with them.

@dahartigan said:
    If there was an attack, my money would be on that piece of shit @tinyweasel being behind it.

That guy is fucked in the head on so many levels it's hard to know whether to feel bad for him or not. I just assume he's got some severe psychological issues that he's not getting treated.

I want my NT 4 server.
    Please unban the weasel.

• HivelocityHivelocity Member, Patron Provider

@jar said: A good number of upstreams + noction, with an attitude of "cost be damned" is the recipe for the best network. My favorite will always be Incero, and Hivelocity is now the owner of that.

You should have seen a pretty noticeable improvement in network performance after we took over Incero. We added 5 new carriers/peering fabrics, upgraded the routers as well all the top of rack switching and added DDoS protection. I am hoping you saw things get better with Hivelocity.

Thanked by 2jar jetchirag
  • @yoursunny said: Matt Damon owns a data center on Mars.

Thanked by 2yoursunny dahartigan
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@Hivelocity said: I am hoping you saw things get better with Hivelocity.

One thing is for sure, it is hard to go worse without Gordon :P