Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I am using securedragon.net services I have problems
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I am using securedragon.net services I have problems

I am hosted in ovh when I want to download a backup from securedragon.net it is too very slow I do not know if it will be an ovh problem from securedragon.net when I want to upload a backup copy to securedragon.net it is fast but wanting to download is a disgrace in speed it takes up to 5 hours to download a 21 gb file can you help me

Comments

• There could be hundreds of explanations for that. Has it ever reached the speeds you expect? What location are the servers in?

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • edited October 2021

Have you tried... you know.... opening a ticket and asking the ones that might actually have an answer for this question?

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Not every road has the same speed limit. Not every road has the same amount of traffic. Not every car is capable of the same speed.

Every upload or download goes across a series of roads, every system is it's own car. Depending on the path from one point to another, the number of roads and cars could create any amount of variables.

• @jar said:
    Not every road has the same speed limit. Not every road has the same amount of traffic. Not every car is capable of the same speed.

Every upload or download goes across a series of roads, every system is it's own car. Depending on the path from one point to another, the number of roads and cars could create any amount of variables.

Car analogies are awesome

• @dahartigan said:
    There could be hundreds of explanations for that. Has it ever reached the speeds you expect? What location are the servers in?

I do not think it will last up to two months without downloading I do not know why this happens to me example right now I am downloading 20gb, it has been more than 30 minutes and it does not go even for 2gb

• @NobodyInteresting said:
    Have you tried... you know.... opening a ticket and asking the ones that might actually have an answer for this question?

If I'm waiting for an answer I made this post to see if someone had this same problem

• @sucre13 said:

@NobodyInteresting said:

If I'm waiting for an answer I made this post to see if someone had this same problem

Then perhaps mention the locations, so the question is not as broad.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • here an example image

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@KuJoe - but yes, open a ticket and ask them.

• What are the server locations? FTP is single threaded, so if there's some considerable distance it could affect the speed.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

As far as I can see, OP is having no problems.

• @deank said:
    As far as I can see, OP is having no problems.

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

Is this on a Kimsufi KS-7 at BHS? I also seem to have gotten one with a shitty network connection. Download is just absolutely dog shit, but upload is fine.

• sucre13sucre13 Member
    edited October 2021

the plan I have in ovh is this

location Canada

• Can you try fetching the backup from another network/vps? It would narrow down whether it's ovh or secure dragon.

3 megabytes a second isn't fast, but it's not crawling. Some perspective in case of no resolution.

• @Harambe said:
    Is this on a Kimsufi KS-7 at BHS? I also seem to have gotten one with a shitty network connection. Download is just absolutely dog shit, but upload is fine.

Yikes.. My KS-7 in BHS can max in and out.. I'd ticket that one.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

There is no problem, for God is live.

Trust the end. Believe in end, and pretend that the issue ain't there.

Whisper: I think I know what his real problem is.

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • @deank said:
    There is no problem, for God is live.

Trust the end. Believe in end, and pretend that the issue ain't there.

Whisper: I think I know what his real problem is.

Is the problem that the end is nigh?

• You can try use wget, rsync, rclone, scp, or other method than ftp. Personally I use rsync & rclone for daily file transfer.

• @dahartigan said: Car analogies are awesome

We were promised an information highway just to get a dirt road.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@dahartigan said:

@jar said:

Car analogies are awesome

Indeed, and in this situation, the OP may not have a drivers license, and is driving in a foreign land without a GPS.

• I thought that security dragon has been abandoned project.