Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hostmantis - Pricing Increase for 2022 - 25%
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hostmantis - Pricing Increase for 2022 - 25%

Just received the following e-mail from Hostmantis:

"As a client, we know the last thing you want to hear is anything regarding changes in pricing.

However, as a business we try to be as transparent as possible and each year we must re-evaluate our costs and our pricing structure and make any necessary changes.

Due to recent increased vendor costs, we will be increasing our pricing on all hosting plans by approximately 25% effective: January 1, 2022.

Our goal is to remain sustainable and continue providing our clients with the highest level of service possible, without sacrificing features and/or quality.

We thank you for your continued business!

If you have any questions, we are always here to answer them."

Thanked by 1JasonM

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Is this just cPanel? Or DA too?

Francisco

• LeeLee Veteran

@Francisco said: Is this just cPanel? Or DA too?

Oddly for DA also. Suggests this is more than just a response to cPanel increasing the price. More like using cPanel as an excuse.

Thanked by 2maverickp Ympker
  • That seems to be something that they do almost every year, no? I seem to remember many "HostMantis having a price hike that makes no sense?" topics on here..

Their customers allow them to do that, by staying after each price hike.

• LeeLee Veteran

@NobodyInteresting said: That seems to be something that they do almost every year, no? I seem to remember many "HostMantis having a price hike that makes no sense?" topics on here..

To be fair, if you take out the initial pain of the original Pricing change and then give it all time to settle they offered good service with good performance. The expectation is that they got their ducks in a row, got the updated pricing correct and that would be that. Clearly not.

Not even that, they fairly silently removed the 'per account' resources and switched it to overall on resellers. So they used to offer something along the lines of x CPU and x RAM per account, now it is the same x CPU and x RAM shared across the entire reseller.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

Soon they will start askin' for your first born.

Thanked by 2typicalGtaTG nobs
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

In a nutshell: We love to give you surprise, we set whatever price we want, we set whatever resources we want.

Oh you just found out the price increase when the invoice came? You just noticed there's resources changes? That's your own fault. We posted on announcement but oops maybe we forgot to email you.

Please contact us as we are always here to answer! We made a mistake on your account? Nope we won't compensate anything because we are always right!

Some discounts for existing customers? "We thank you for your continued business!" but no we won't give you special treatment for your continuous support, you pay the same as all new customers. Feel free to switch if you can't pay for it.

• Is @HostMantis still around in LET? or have they left the building?

• deankdeank Member, Troll

They left. Their price range is already out of LET comfort zone anyway.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Lee said:

@Francisco said: Is this just cPanel? Or DA too?

Oddly for DA also. Suggests this is more than just a response to cPanel increasing the price. More like using cPanel as an excuse.

Might be value to spreading out the increase across all services, though that's more of an interesting idea than what I suspect is happening here.

• I like how I got an email for the increase but not one for the resource destruction. I prepaid for 2 years almost a year ago because I knew the price increases were going to fall in line with whatever CPanel does. My hosting has been great but I'm not happy about the resources change. Looks like when renewal time comes around again I'll be considering my options instead of just blindly renewing.

• @jar said: though that's more of an interesting idea than what I suspect is happening here.

Do you suspect that they're setting themselves up for a buy out?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited October 2021

@spun said:

@jar said: though that's more of an interesting idea than what I suspect is happening here.

Do you suspect that they're setting themselves up for a buy out?

Could be as simple as them adjusting what they think their time is worth. Or aiming to hire help. It's probably not vendor costs. Anyone seeing a 25% overhead increase overnight is in panic mode.

If I saw that kind of increase a customer would see an email like "It's this or we go under. I'm giving you the choice, I respect your decision."

• hostmantis has been sus

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

🍿

• I don't like the constant price increase year after year. Unfortunately there is no Reseller host on LowEndTalk that can compare with Hostmantis's service level and I have reseller accounts with almost all major low end providers. The only two who have the capability to compete with them is BuyShared (@Francisco) and Racknerd but seems like neither of them want to up their service level to compete.

Thanked by 2JasonM webcraft
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@mansoor said:
    Unfortunately there is no Reseller host on LowEndTalk that can compare with Hostmantis's service level and I have reseller accounts with almost all major low end providers. The only two who have the capability to compete with them is BuyShared (@Francisco) and Racknerd but seems like neither of them want to up their service level to compete.

Reseller hosting probably is the most hassle and risk for abuse, so I don't think it's ideal for low-end providers to do as a main business service.

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • They became dead to many of us when they refused to honor the "recurring discount" they used to get us to sign up.

Thanked by 2JasonM kkrajk
  • JasonMJasonM Member
    edited October 2021

@happyman said: Due to recent increased vendor costs, we will be increasing our pricing on all hosting plans by approximately 25% effective: January 1, 2022.

Recently Hostmantis just de-graded their entire Reseller platform by announcing shared CPU/RAM of reseller plan for ENTIRE account including its sub-accounts/cpanel/DA accounts. Earlier a reseller is having 1CPU, 1GB RAM reseller plan, ALL his sub-accounts would get same configurations EACH. 10 sub-accounts = 10 CPU, 10 GB RAM, but now Hostmantis announced their new policy where if reseller plan is 1 CPU, 1GB RAM, then all sub-account will SHARE that 1 CPU, 1GB RAM. That means, 10 sub-account = 1 CPU, 1GB RAM. That's ok if a reseller has 3 or 5 sub-accounts not heavily used, what if they have 50, 70 or 100 cPanel/DA accounts?

In short Hostmantis was trying to sell reseller-shared hosting like VPS hosting at a price of VPS hosting and resources alike.

So instead of paying 25% price hike EVERY YEAR at Hostmantis, why not just move to BuyVM and get a ryzen VPS slice + slab + free DA and billing, and have peace of mind, atleast if you are Hostmantis' DA reseller.

OR

Get a $36/year 40GB SSD, 10 cPanel accounts Reseller hosting U.S/EU/Asia from Racknerd here. (aff)

Thanked by 1kkrajk

@MikeA said:

@mansoor said:
    Unfortunately there is no Reseller host on LowEndTalk that can compare with Hostmantis's service level and I have reseller accounts with almost all major low end providers. The only two who have the capability to compete with them is BuyShared (@Francisco) and Racknerd but seems like neither of them want to up their service level to compete.

Reseller hosting probably is the most hassle and risk for abuse, so I don't think it's ideal for low-end providers to do as a main business service.

Resellers would have to come up in price a lot, at least 2x - 3x. Even Shared would have to go that way to interest me.

We're likely to bring back Shared, but that'll be on the domain registrar brand and it wouldn't be targeted to LET.

Francisco

Thanked by 1typicalGtaTG
  • @Francisco said:

We're likely to bring back Shared, but that'll be on the domain registrar brand and it wouldn't be targeted to LET.

Francisco

I'm listening... Can you share a little more info like features, probable price point, and ETA? :smiley:

• typicalGtaTGtypicalGtaTG Member, Host Rep

@deank said:
    Soon they will start askin' for your first born.

The end is neigh

@pullangcubo said: I'm listening... Can you share a little more info like features, probable price point, and ETA?

This thread isn't about buyshared, i don't want to shit on their thread if I can help it.

The domain brand won't come out until next year at the earliest, ICANN is very slow.

Francisco

Thanked by 1pullangcubo
  • Ouch. Hard to justify, isn't it?

• LeeLee Veteran

@jar said: Might be value to spreading out the increase across all services, though that's more of an interesting idea than what I suspect is happening here.

Yeah, no. Well maybe. I mean it's not unreasonable to say "If you want cPanel, you need to pay for it according to their pricing approach of yearly increases".

Doing it across the board and at 25% is really saying to me, we have still not got the pricing strategy right at all so we are hitting everyone at the same time, again.

Have they got it right now? Not confident.

Thanked by 1jar
  • Aren't mantis' known for cruelly beheading their prey and forcing them to watch their body fall lifelessly as they zucc on their brain? Is this fitting? I didn't see a TL;DR???

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • LeeLee Veteran

@grep said: Aren't mantis' known for cruelly beheading their prey and forcing them to watch their body fall lifelessly as they zucc on their brain? Is this fitting?

No that is more of a general motto for LET.

• Are they "that" good? They do price changes and change specs quite often and customers stay there!? I sense out a buyout ;)

• They have always been very good in terms of reliability and speed in responding to support requests. Looks like I am now looking for a suitable replacement.

• I am sick of their price increase excuses, enough now. @seriesn please introduce some good offers. Need reseller hosting (SG)

Thanked by 1JasonM