Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

› 🤩 Another Month, Another Awesome Giveaway from RackNerd! (October 2021) 🤩 - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

🤩 Another Month, Another Awesome Giveaway from RackNerd! (October 2021) 🤩

2»

Comments

• Looks like someone is taking advantage of a 25% promo on new Amazon Business account? :p

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • RACKNERD-GANG

• Mjj detection worked.

• RACKNERD-GANG

• RACKNERD-GANG

• RACKNERD-GANG
    I'm join account credits٩(ˊᗜˋ*)و

• RACKNERD-GANG

• RACKNERD-GANG-BANG-BANG

• RACKNERD-GANG

• RACKNERD-GANG

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@raindog308 said:
    ... This time we're giving contestants enter 15 different ways to get entries.

"We"? So you are a Racknerd employee?

Plus: why is it only (so it seems at least) Racknerd who get their ads - because that's what this is, an ad or promotion - pinned, and even at the very top here at LET?

Well noted, I'm not in anyway anti-Racknerd or anti-@dustinc or opposed to them and I also understand that LET needs advertising revenue and have no problem with that.

I do wonder though how LET can so obviously favour a certain provider and at the same time say that we are unbiased and fair. Shouldn't @jbiloh, @raindog308 and the rest of the team show at least the decency to not blatantly overtly promote Racknerd, e.g. by raindog308 saying "we" when speaking about Racknerd?

@jbiloh

Remember the big problems you had (and with some still have) because you were perceived or at least presumed as bending and abusing LET as basically just a CC shopfront? I don't think you are doing yourself or LET a favour by providing reasons to believe that you merely replaced CC by Racknerd. Well noted, I'm not accusing you of anything, I'm simply saying what it looks like to me and presumably some others too.

Thanked by 2Franzkafka bulbasaur
  • h2oh2o Member

RACKNERD-GANG

• RACKNERD-GANG

• RACKNERD-GANG

• RACKNERD-GANG

• MrWonderMrWonder Member
    edited October 2021

RACKNERD-GANG ---> "October Madness"! ;-) <---

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@jsg said:

@raindog308 said:
    ... This time we're giving contestants enter 15 different ways to get entries.

"We"? So you are a Racknerd employee?

The giveaway is a LowEndBox giveaway sponsored by RackNerd. It works like this:

RackNerd provides the prizes (pays for them, ships them, etc.)

LowEndBox (and by that I mean me):

• does the Photoshop work to create the art for the contest in various sizes and formats
    • creates the Wordpress post
    • sets up the contest in Gleam, the third party contest service we use
    • posts it on various social networks such as Twitter, Facebook, etc.
    • networks it to various sweepstakes listing sites
    • posts it on LET
    • creates several LowEndBoxTV videos on YouTube to promote the contest
    • posts various followups on LEB
    • wraps it up by pushing the requisite buttons in Gleam to pick winners and extract the report which is then sent to RN
    • LEB (not me) also pays for the servers, network, etc. to host the blog and forum that is advertising the promotion and serving as its landing page

I'd guess the above is probably 15-20 hours of work when you consider the Photoshop art starts from a blank page and I have to take art from Amazon and isolate it, size it, etc. on a background with text, the videos take a few hours each, the various sweeps sites all have different forms to fill out, etc.

So I think "we" is accurate not because I'm a RN employee (I'm not) but because the LEB side of the giveaway does a lot of the work and it's "LEB giveaway sponsored by RN". If it was just a RN giveaway, we might mention it as news on LEB but wouldn't be doing all the promo, hosting it, etc.

TL;DR? The "we" is in the "We at LEB" sense.

Plus: why is it only (so it seems at least) Racknerd who get their ads - because that's what this is, an ad or promotion - pinned, and even at the very top here at LET?

Because RN is the only one who puts in the effort to actually make it happen.

I've said before that people would be amazed at how many different times Jon or I have approached hosts about giveaways, interviews, doing PR stuff for them, doing photo tours of their office, highlighting something on their web site, etc. and it's pulling teeth to get a response. And most of that is free. I'm always happy to engage with hosts to promote their businesses.

Heck, just getting hosts to post their LET offers on LEB as well is a challenge...again, it's free long-term advertising in exchange for filling out a form, so how can any businessperson turn that down?!?

I do wonder though how LET can so obviously favour a certain provider and at the same time say that we are unbiased and fair. Shouldn't @jbiloh, @raindog308 and the rest of the team show at least the decency to not blatantly overtly promote Racknerd, e.g. by raindog308 saying "we" when speaking about Racknerd?

I would be delighted to promote another host.

The reality is that RN puts in a lot more effort than other hosts, at least as far as using the LEB/LET platform.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@raindog308

Thank you for the explanation. And: I'm very much surprised indeed by the lack of interest and/or laziness of most providers (so it seems).

@all_providers_except_RackNerd

Wake up and move! Or do you want RackNerd to eat your meal? So, move!

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@jsg said: Thank you for the explanation. And: I'm very much surprised indeed by the lack of interest and/or laziness of most providers (so it seems).

This.

It boggles my mind.

The benefits free to providers and the upside is so significant. Why more providers are not willing to put in the work (and it is not much, because we do the bulk of it) literally blows me away.

• RACKNERD-GANG

• RACKNERD-GANG

• cool,I hope the team and products will do better and better

• supporting

• @giang congrats, I see you won xd

Thanked by 1giang
  • gianggiang Veteran
    edited November 2021

@AXYZE said:
    @giang congrats, I see you won xd

How can you see it, haha

Oh, I found it now. Thank you for reminding me :smiley:

• @giang said:

@AXYZE said:
    @giang congrats, I see you won xd

How can you see it, haha

Oh, I found it now. Thank you for reminding me :smiley:

I saw your avatar on winners page :D its well designed, easy to remember

Thanked by 1giang
  • dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

Congratulations to all the winners! Really happy to see many participated, for those who didn't win, we'll be providing more giveaways to the community.

All winners have been e-mailed. Thank You!

Thanked by 1giang