Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OpenVZ, Xen, and Windows LEBs - 20% off for Life! (LEB Exclusive)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OpenVZ, Xen, and Windows LEBs - 20% off for Life! (LEB Exclusive)

vps6netvps6net Member
edited March 2012 in Offers

I've been posting on LET for a few months now--reading more than posting, admittedly--and have to say that the community here knows a thing or two about about VPS hosting. I've created this promo exclusively for LowEndTalk users, you won't find it anywhere else!

Use coupon code ROCKMYLEB for a lifetime 20% discount (included in the prices below). The promo is also valid for any of our other VPS plans not listed here, and for annual as well as monthly, quarterly, and semi-annual subscriptions.

OpenVZ (https://vps6.net/vps-openvz.php)

VZ-256
256MB Guaranteed RAM
20gb Disk Space
1000GB Bandwidth
1Gbit Uplink
$4.50/mo

Xen PV (https://vps6.net/vps-xen.php)

XEN-256
256MB Guaranteed RAM
20gb Disk Space
1000GB Bandwidth
1Gbit Uplink
$5.55/mo

(Linux HVM containers also available upon request.)

In addition to the LEB promo, quarterly and semi-annual subscriptions receive a 10% discount, while annual subscriptions receive a 20% discount.

Choose any configuration you need with the Custom VPS builder: https://vps6.net/my/cart.php (Promo still valid!)

Our OpenVZ nodes in the USA use Dual Xeon 5460 CPUs, 32gb RAM, and RAID6 10k SAS disks; Xen nodes are now using Dual Xeon L5645 CPUs, 72gb RAM, and RAID60 10k SAS disks. More information here: https://vps6.net/network-usa.php

Available locations:

• Los Angeles, USA (530 W. 6th St - 64.250.127.127)
  • Chicago, USA (350 E. Cermak Rd - 64.250.116.116)
  • Frankfurt, Germany (Ancotel, Kleyerstrasse 90 - 109.163.238.38)

I'll be happy to answer any questions!

Comments

• rkrazyrkrazy Member
    edited March 2012

@vps6net said: Use coupon code ROCKMYLEB for a lifetime 20% discount (included in the prices below). The promo is also valid for any of our other VPS plans not listed here, and for annual as well as monthly, quarterly, and semi-annual subscriptions.

# The promotion code entered has expired # 
  • @rkrazy Sorry about that, accidentally had it set for February.

• kalamkalam Member

Why did you choose RAID6?

• vps6netvps6net Member
    edited March 2012

@kalam said: Why did you choose RAID6?

It's the best choice for a combination of space efficiency, redundancy, and fault tolerance given the drives we have to work with (WD3000BKFG's). We have a few (full) nodes running RAID10 configs, which is certainly faster, but just not quite as efficient as we'd like.

• flyfly Member

do you provide archlinux 32bit templates?

• Not sure what each of these are running. I don't know what a good reading for this command is but I found it in another thread by searching "input test" here on LET. Anyway here are the results:

From my OVZ:

~]# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 7.13696 seconds, 150 MB/s

From my Xen:

~]#dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 5.13442 seconds, 209 MB/s

From my other Xen:

~]#dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 9.18111 seconds, 117 MB/s

Each VPS operates great though.

• Doesn't the deal you posted on WHT be a little more attractive? (Unless my math is wrong. ie. the OVZ-128MB with the double ram+bandwidth but minus 10GB hdd :P)

• vps6netvps6net Member
    edited March 2012

@kbar said: do you provide archlinux 32bit templates?

Yes, we have an Arch 2010.05 32-bit template for OpenVZ, as well as Arch 2012.01 for Xen, though the latter is 64-bit only.

@darkconz said: Doesn't the deal you posted on WHT be a little more attractive?

I suppose it depends on what your needs are. Choose whichever you'd like!

• NarutoNaruto Member
    edited March 2012

I just noticed that this discussion has been "sunk". A feature with Vanilla forums where you can "sink" a thread so that its replies do not bump it to the top. I noticed this when @darkconz replied and there were 8 other discussions, which had no new posts, above it. I waited for someone else to reply in it and confirmed this was the case when @vps6net posted again. To make sure, I bumped a thread below this one and sure enough it went to the top... Only staff can do this. Weird.

• @Naruto said: I just noticed that this discussion has been "sunk". A feature with Vanilla forums where you can "sink" a thread so that its replies do not bump it to the top. I noticed this when @darkconz replied and there were 8 other discussions, which had no new posts, above it. I waited for someone else to reply in it and confirmed this was the case when @vps6net posted again. To make sure, I bumped a thread below this one and sure enough it went to the top... Only staff can do this. Weird.

I think that's how threads in the offers section work. Try to bump another post from the offers section.

• Oh. >_> Thank you.

• flyfly Member

@vps6net, is it possible to get the 32 bit template? I'm pretty much set to pull the trigger on an order but I want that arch fix :)

• @kbar said: @vps6net, is it possible to get the 32 bit template? I'm pretty much set to pull the trigger on an order but I want that arch fix :)

The only option to get it running on Xen would be to boot your own ISO on a HVM box, but we can certainly set that up.

• MrDOSMrDOS Member

I notice that, unlike your OpenVZ plans page, SolusVM calls the burst RAM “VSwap”. Does that mean it's actually swap, not burst RAM, and I don't have to feel bad about using it?

• @MrDOS It is, in fact, VSwap, and that's something we've been meaning to update on the website. Utilize it to your heart's content!

• MrDOSMrDOS Member

Happy thing!

My VZ-256 was setup instantly, as advertised, and seems really snappy. If anyone would like any tests running, let me know.