Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

storage vps for backup and public trackers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

storage vps for backup and public trackers

ram: 2gb min
cpu: any
disk: 800gb or 1tb
port: 1Gbps
bandwidth: 2TB monthly - more better

budget: 60$ yearly

needs to allow torrent downloads from public trackers (yep just dl)

i don't want to use vpn also i know about seedboxes but i need access to do my installs and push backups copy

Comments

• You don't want your backups in the same machine as running torrent software.

• @donko said:
    needs to allow torrent downloads from public trackers (yep just dl)

There is no such distinction in the bittorrent protocol. To take part at all you have to advertise what you have (even if partially) as if you are offering to upload so it can be argued legally that there is no distinction. You can throttle uploading down to minimal, or block it entirely in some clients, but that will not be visible to someone looking for opportunities to send out DMCA notices and other takedown requests. So you are looking for a host that allows public trackers full-stop, you'll not find one that allows them "just for download".

I'm assuming you are talking about piracy (hence talk of legal distinctions) because if you were looking to help out with bandwidth for Linux ISOs, public domain or other free to distribute content, or some such, that would not be download only.

Also seconding cadddr's statement: backups and public torrent activity are not a good mix on the same resource. You are asking to lose your important data (the backups) as colatoral damage when ephemeral data is taken down (content received via torrent) the quick & easy way (the big fat off switch).

• -_-

• Have you checked www.Time4VPS.com? They have super discounts (-50%) for their storage containers atm. You'll just have to check if it's sufficient for your public trackers.

@time4vps

Thanked by 1donko
  • Where's Hostsolutions.ro when you need them? Lol
    Maybe PulsedMedia? They had an offer on here that I tried out but ultimately cancelled. If you can swing it, BuyVM in Luxembourg.

• Why don' t you try some dedi server?