Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WebHostingTalk Censors LET Admin - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WebHostingTalk Censors LET Admin

Comments

• maybe it is finally time to create Scamms Directory as well?

with community voting (lets say minimum 100 votes, and at least 75% of the votes in favor), not only these six persons who decided to unban romanian scammer

if so, let me suggest: Hostsolutions, Hostdoc, Alpharacks...

• @Andrews said:
    maybe it is finally time to create Scamms Directory as well?

with community voting (lets say minimum 100 votes, and at least 75% of the votes in favor), not only these six persons who decided to unban romanian scammer

That might/will end up hurting the purple sugardaddy. So highly doubt it will be allowed :-)

Thanked by 2BlaZe WSWD
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@NobodyInteresting said: That might/will end up hurting the purple sugardaddy. So highly doubt it will be allowed :-)

We're at a big of a peak moment in LET history in terms of the amount of passion allotted toward disagreement over what is and isn't a scam, admittedly.

• @jar said:

@NobodyInteresting said: That might/will end up hurting the purple sugardaddy. So highly doubt it will be allowed :-)

We're at a big of a peak moment in LET history in terms of the amount of passion allotted toward disagreement over what is and isn't a scam, admittedly.

If AlphaRacks doesn't qualify for being scam - I don't know what would.

Thanked by 3BlaZe WSWD imok
  • WHT is practically dead for a regular user. Hosts may log in every once in a while and post offers. Most other sections are not even visited regularly and no active, quality content is posted. LET is the way to go !

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • To be honest, useless drama, and if i'd be you, i would just don't care at all. They are killing themselve, we don't need to talk about it here. It feels like a "fight" to grow visits, clicks and participation by involving the community trib.

You help to manage LET, you believe in your values, you participate actively. You have nothing to prove. WHT is "a board" somewhere on the web. People prefer one board, or another one or another one; it's ok, they will make the choice that suits them the most.

And as we can see with all answers in this thread, it's not like it's causing any trouble to LET. LET has it's mindset, and if we are active it's because it fits ours (or at least, it's still entertaining).

And yeah, good job, i appreciate LET and his community, thanks a lot for keeping this space free and easy to use as i expect from a board i read mostly every days.

Thanked by 2bulbasaur Kassem
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited September 2021

@jar said:

@frog said: Let me guess, HostSolutions will be removed from the LET Provider Register the day @cociu hacks LET and deletes the link himself.

We need a graph of expectations vs rewards of being an LET admin. If you want to make one, put 99% in the first and 1% on the second.

That's eerily similar to what politicians say (and like to hear) about themselves. Looking from a purely financial perspective such statements may well be true, but then, humans aren't motivated by money only. Power and influence are two examples that come to mind when thinking about other motivators.

And btw, is the premise even true? Does @jbiloh compensate at least some (e.g. particularly hard working) admins or does he not? Me not know, but if he does then the equation changes (how much it changes obviously depends on how well they are paid).

• Make LET Great Again!

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@Andrews said: maybe it is finally time to create Scamms Directory as well?

Such a directory would be pointless - virtually everyone on it would be out of business and no longer taking orders. I could name two dozen companies that went under that you've probably never heard of because they were years ago...how would that help anyone today?

@Andrews said: with community voting (lets say minimum 100 votes, and at least 75% of the votes in favor), not only these six persons who decided to unban romanian scammer

Six? How do you know this number?

The community definition of "scammer" sometimes appears to approximate "did not provide what I expected" which is a poor definition. Scamming requires a mens rea which I don't think @cociu ever had. I mean, technically I have $84 in credit sitting in my HS account I could use for new services...

The fact that the community voted them Top Provider last time we took a poll means that your conspiracy theories are not believed by those who live over here in mainstream reality.

@frog said: so it might be a good idea to write that it isn't maintained.

Yes, there's a whole category of reference-type information and the plan is to move it to a more appropriate platform...it's slowly rising to the top of my todo list.

• @raindog308 said:

@MannDude said: But hey, for $700 a week you can buy a sticky post! That's a great deal! /s

Is that what it's up to? Wow.

I have their ad price sheet for 2014...stickies were $300/week, banner ads were $2000 per thousand impressions (not clicks, just impressions).

If they could scale that return, they'd be able to buy Google with pocket change.

• @dustinc said:
    $10 per person (Amazon Gift Card)

For the next 10 people who comment:

#BYE-FELICIA-ViridWeb-LOOOOOLLLL

Expense line item 102
    Description: trolled ViridWeb

• $100
  • @dustinc said:

@ViridWeb said:

@raindog308 said:

@IamMad said: What's the point to criticized someone else when LET admin and mods behaving like a whore who can do anything for anyone who throws some money on their face?

@IamMad said: Purple Spammer paid them very well.. so they (admin or mods) will not reply your comments

Damn, you busted us. It's true. RackNerd advertises here.

Just completely shocking, I know.

BTW, what's with the @IamMad alias, @ViridWeb? Why don't you just post as @ViridWeb from now on, mmmkay? Been looking for a chance to see my new ban pic live.

Sorry to disappoint you but Viridweb is a private entity and not responsible or liable for anyone else's comment here.

@dustinc said:
    $10 per person (Amazon Gift Card)

For the next 10 people who comment:

#BYE-FELICIA-ViridWeb-LOOOOOLLLL

Let's make it more exciting

First 20 who use "ILOVEPURPLEGUY" coupon will get 50% discount on our smallest plan

$1.45 monthly

4GB DDR4 RAM
    50GB SSD
    2TB Bandwidth
    Order Now

If I happen to bring you attention and sales, you too should say you love me. 😘

Purple guy is Grimace. Or Barney, if your parents didn't take you to McDonald's as a kid.

• @Falzo said:

I've not been on LinkedIn in years.

that's to weak of an explanation for a smart person like you are..

I buy it. Fucking LinkedIn. Mine's 4 years out of date and even then I couldn't be assed to add for than two lines. As long as you've got work, do people really keep up with that shit?

• @Andrews said:
    maybe it is finally time to create Scamms Directory as well?

Problem is, people don't know the difference between a scam and just running a business into the ground from incompetence. And that people can't spot obvious fucking incompetence if their lives depended on it. HS was inevitable and believing otherwise makes you naive AF.

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint

@TimboJones said: Mine's 4 years out of date and even then I couldn't be assed to add for than two lines.

Do you still smoke?

https://www.linkedin.com/in/timbo-jones-54711b21/

@TimboJones said: As long as you've got work, do people really keep up with that shit?

In my experience, when people get laid off, they update their LinkedIn and then begin posting to show they are deep thinkers. Then once they are employed again, LinkedIn rot sets in.

The exceptions are (a) recruiters, (b) PR people, and (c) people who think LinkedIn is some sort of LiveJournal for their thoughts and feelings about the world's ills. These people also tend to be unemployed because they have degrees in Interdisciplinary Comparative Social Justice Studies and such.

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@stevewatson301 won one of our giveaways within this thread. Instead of claiming the $10 Amazon Gift Card, he encouraged us to select a charity of our choice and donate the $10 instead :)

Because of his generosity, we've doubled the donation!

Steve's only request was to post a screenshot once done.

Thank You @stevewatson301

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@dustinc said:
    @stevewatson301 won one of our giveaways within this thread. Instead of claiming the $10 Amazon Gift Card, he encouraged us to select a charity of our choice and donate the $10 instead :)

Because of his generosity, we've doubled the donation!

Steve's only request was to post a screenshot once done.

Thank You @stevewatson301

The purple sect continues to do good. Nice one.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @raindog308 said:

@TimboJones said: Mine's 4 years out of date and even then I couldn't be assed to add for than two lines.

Do you still smoke?

LinkedIn wanted me to login to find out who that was. Didn't feel like it because the autofill didn't have anything. Tl;dr?

@TimboJones said: As long as you've got work, do people really keep up with that shit?

In my experience, when people get laid off, they update their LinkedIn and then begin posting to show they are deep thinkers. Then once they are employed again, LinkedIn rot sets in.

The exceptions are (a) recruiters, (b) PR people, and (c) people who think LinkedIn is some sort of LiveJournal for their thoughts and feelings about the world's ills. These people also tend to be unemployed because they have degrees in Interdisciplinary Comparative Social Justice Studies and such.

This checks out.

• @TimboJones said:

@raindog308 said:

Do you still smoke?

LinkedIn wanted me to login to find out who that was. Didn't feel like it because the autofill didn't have anything. Tl;dr?

This checks out.

smoking big kush out in boston

• PURPLE-KUSH-SECT

• @SirFoxy said:

@TimboJones said:

@raindog308 said:

Do you still smoke?

This checks out.

smoking big kush out in boston

Ha. It wouldn't surprise me if that profile was made by the same guy that linked/made a fake site in Timbo Jones name. I forget his handle, the Offshore guy.

edited September 2021

@TimboJones said: Ha. It wouldn't surprise me if that profile was made by the same guy that linked/made a fake site in Timbo Jones name. I forget his handle, the Offshore guy.

There's actually five different Timbo Joneses on LI.

• Just giving my two cents here, no one cares about the trash that WebHostingTalk is, not worth the browser cache.
    Regards

• @dahartigan said:

PURPLE-KUSH-SECT

something i can get behind king

Thanked by 2dahartigan MannDude
  • AndreixAndreix Member, Host Rep

Meh, WHT... the place where you are welcome to become a Premium/Paid member when signing up, but as soon as membership expired, we will remember you had another account in the past and will suddenly, without any kind of notice, ban the currently used one as well as banning all your companies/links on the forum.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@Andreix said:
    Meh, WHT... the place where you are welcome to become a Premium/Paid member when signing up, but as soon as membership expired, we will remember you had another account in the past and will suddenly, without any kind of notice, ban the currently used one as well as banning all your companies/links on the forum.

Sounds about right.

Thanked by 1Andreix
  • MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

"cPanel liked" the following tweet.

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited September 2021

Why do we still gossip about some other online forum? Let that forum manage itself as it pleases. I only care about THIS board, even though I am just a member.

• bulbasaurbulbasaur Member
    edited September 2021

[deleted]