Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WebHostingTalk Censors LET Admin - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WebHostingTalk Censors LET Admin

Comments

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

@raindog308 said:

@IamMad said: What's the point to criticized someone else when LET admin and mods behaving like a whore who can do anything for anyone who throws some money on their face?

@IamMad said: Purple Spammer paid them very well.. so they (admin or mods) will not reply your comments

Damn, you busted us. It's true. RackNerd advertises here.

Just completely shocking, I know.

BTW, what's with the @IamMad alias, @ViridWeb? Why don't you just post as @ViridWeb from now on, mmmkay? Been looking for a chance to see my new ban pic live.

Sorry to disappoint you but Viridweb is a private entity and not responsible or liable for anyone else's comment here.

@dustinc said:
    $10 per person (Amazon Gift Card)

For the next 10 people who comment:

#BYE-FELICIA-ViridWeb-LOOOOOLLLL

Let's make it more exciting

First 20 who use "ILOVEPURPLEGUY" coupon will get 50% discount on our smallest plan

$1.45 monthly

4GB DDR4 RAM
    50GB SSD
    2TB Bandwidth
    Order Now

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@ViridWeb said:

@raindog308 said:

@IamMad said: What's the point to criticized someone else when LET admin and mods behaving like a whore who can do anything for anyone who throws some money on their face?

@IamMad said: Purple Spammer paid them very well.. so they (admin or mods) will not reply your comments

BTW, what's with the @IamMad alias, @ViridWeb? Why don't you just post as @ViridWeb from now on, mmmkay? Been looking for a chance to see my new ban pic live.

Sorry to disappoint you but Viridweb is a private entity and not responsible or liable for anyone else's comment here.

@dustinc said:

First 20 who use "ILOVEPURPLEGUY" coupon will get 50% discount on our smallest plan

$1.45 monthly

4GB DDR4 RAM
    50GB SSD
    2TB Bandwidth
    Order Now

If I happen to bring you attention and sales, you too should say you love me. 😘

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • orange gentelman just offered 50% off for love for purple gentelman, but maybe purple gentelman will go even further and to celebrate it he will run some giveaway (it is so long since last one) :D

am I right?

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

Winners of our latest giveaway have been PM'd :)

Thanked by 1adly
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@ViridWeb said: Sorry to disappoint you but Viridweb is a private entity and not responsible or liable for anyone else's comment here.

Wow you are one unlucky guy.

• You and @IamMad just happen to have used the same IPv6. Out of 340,282,366,920,938,463,463,374,607,431,768,211,456 possible ipv6 addresses, it's just a horrible coincidence.

• The ipv6 is registered to an ISP that is in the same city as the one you're posting from now.

• @IamMad just happens to have picked your owner's first and last name for the gmail account he registered on LET.

• That owner's LinkedIn states he's in the same city as the ipv6 and the IP you just posted under.

• @IamMad was asking mods how to apply for a Host Rep tag.

I could go on, but I think you see the point.

Please, everyone wish @ViridWeb good luck because the karma gods are ganging up on him. ☘️☘️☘️

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@raindog308 said: @IamMad was asking mods how to apply for a Host Rep tag.

So "they" should've been "we", and minus the "I think"?

Thanked by 3jar raindog308 JasonM
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@DP said: So "they" should've been "we", and minus the "I think"?

Second account to shill for brand, that's worthy of the primary account getting banned too.

Thanked by 3DP dahartigan iKeyZ
  • @HalfEatenPie said: WHT has always tried to be the black suit-and-tie of hosting but realistically they're the used car salesman in a faded suit trying to convince everyone they're still the big deal.

Meanwhile, https://www.webhostingtalk.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=736895&contenttype=vBForum_Thread https://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1834253 this type of shit would be banned from LET instantly, but is perfectly acceptable on WHT?

@Jio said: this type of shit would be banned from LET instantly, but is perfectly acceptable on WHT?

They're a lawless forum.

Thanked by 2MannDude CheepCluck
  • tmyerstmyers Member
    edited September 2021

@Jio said:

@HalfEatenPie said: WHT has always tried to be the black suit-and-tie of hosting but realistically they're the used car salesman in a faded suit trying to convince everyone they're still the big deal.

Meanwhile, https://www.webhostingtalk.com/search.php?do=finduser&userid=736895&contenttype=vBForum_Thread https://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1834253 this type of shit would be banned from LET instantly, but is perfectly acceptable on WHT?

I've always taken issue with WHT in that they want to dictate what people can sell, but won't take responsibility for WHO is selling on their site.

Anyway, WHT is practically dead at this point. There's almost no relevant activity anymore. Kind of sad - I started posting on their in 2001 and met most of my professional contacts there.

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran
    edited September 2021

@tmyers said:

@Jio said:

@HalfEatenPie said: WHT has always tried to be the black suit-and-tie of hosting but realistically they're the used car salesman in a faded suit trying to convince everyone they're still the big deal.

I've always taken issue with WHT in that they want to dictate what people can sell, but won't take responsibility for WHO is selling on their site.

Anyway, WHT is practically dead at this point. There's almost no relevant activity anymore. Kind of sad - I started posting on their in 2001 and met most of my professional contacts there.

I have very similar feelings. I stopped using WHT years and years ago because traffic was so low and the environment so hostile and anti business.

• @jbiloh said:

@noobjockeys said:

@jbiloh said: I sold ColoCrossing to the Deluxe Corporation in June 2018. As part of that transaction Deluxe purchased LowEndBox and LowEndTalk. I purchased LEB and LET back from Deluxe in January 2020.

I assume your LinkedIn is just outdated?

Sort of yes. After the buyout I was asked to retain my title. These days, however, I am essentially a special advisor.

you either are a director of colocrossing or not. there is no "sort of".

I suggest to fix your stuff, everything else makes you look very unprofessional not to say shady. especially if you state something different around here.

so what is it, director at colocrossing? or special advisor? or a sock puppet?

I've not been on LinkedIn in years.

that's to weak of an explanation for a smart person like you are..

@Falzo said:

@jbiloh said:

@noobjockeys said:

@jbiloh said: I sold ColoCrossing to the Deluxe Corporation in June 2018. As part of that transaction Deluxe purchased LowEndBox and LowEndTalk. I purchased LEB and LET back from Deluxe in January 2020.

I assume your LinkedIn is just outdated?

Sort of yes. After the buyout I was asked to retain my title. These days, however, I am essentially a special advisor.

you either are a director of colocrossing or not. there is no "sort of".

I suggest to fix your stuff, everything else makes you look very unprofessional not to say shady. especially if you state something different around here.

so what is it, director at colocrossing? or special advisor? or a sock puppet?

I've not been on LinkedIn in years.

that's to weak of an explanation for a smart person like you are..

Shots fired!

• Did WHT just delete everyone's posts on the original topic?

@HalfEatenPie said: Did WHT just delete everyone's posts on the original topic?

They left everyone's comments but deleted Jon's and mine, then closed the thread to prevent any further replies.

@Falzo said:

@jbiloh said:

I'm happy to clear it up: when the acquirer purchased ColoCrossing they asked me to stay in my roll. Officially that has not changed since 2018. Unofficially, and given the transparent, but perhaps confusing answer I gave earlier, in essence I'm really an advisor with a fancy title but little control. Hence is mega corporate life.

I almost never use LinkedIn - my account was created years ago by one of our marketing team members and I don't maintain it. To be honest the amount of messages I get on there from folks trying to sell me something fills up my "social" Gmail folder weekly.

• BYE-FELICIA-ViridWeb-LOOOOOLLLL

Lolololololololololololololol

• @jar said:

@DP said: So "they" should've been "we", and minus the "I think"?

Second account to shill for brand, that's worthy of the primary account getting banned too.

Agreed. This is a very clear attempt to defraud LET.

Ban @ViridWeb for great justice

Thanked by 1jar

@jbiloh said: To be honest the amount of messages I get on there from folks trying to sell me something fills up my "social" Gmail folder weekly.

"Hello, I notice you have a background in $RANDOM_TECHNOLOGY and I think your skills would be a great match for $CLIENT_ON_OTHER_SIDE_OF_THE_CONTINENT who has a 30-day contract opening. Please see the link below to apply."

• @raindog308 said: "Hello, I notice you have a background in $RANDOM_TECHNOLOGY and I think your skills would be a great match for $CLIENT_ON_OTHER_SIDE_OF_THE_CONTINENT who has a 30-day contract opening. Please see the link below to apply."

The ones I get always end in "please reply to this email with" [name/ssn/visa status] lol

• cybertechcybertech Member
    edited September 2021

@ViridWeb said:

@raindog308 said:

@dustinc said:

$1.45 monthly

4GB DDR4 RAM
    50GB SSD
    2TB Bandwidth
    Order Now

ILOVEPURPLEGUY

anyway can i get AES enabled with a ticket? and is the discount recurring?

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited September 2021

@jbiloh said: Hence is mega corporate life

I see. sock puppet it is then.

@jbiloh said: my account was created years ago by one of our marketing team members and I don't maintain it

having accounts run by marketing departments without own control, huh? Hi @RackNerd marketing, may the real Jon please stand up, please stand up... We're gonna have a problem here

• Thread title "WebHostingTalk Censors LET Admin".

Thread content: corruption, shaming, ban, PvP (provider vs provider), purple gang flexing.

This why WHT is a dead zone. Such content is gold. I bet bear reading this topic with grudge and tears. Fu bear! Ha!

• @LTniger said:

PvP (provider vs provider)

At least not like world war ll

• @raindog308 said:

@Andrews said: that there is no rules on LET

HostSolutions did not actually violate any rules. Their provider tag was removed pretty early on once this news broke, removing their ability to post new offers, so you are incorrect.

Let me guess, HostSolutions will be removed from the LET Provider Register the day @cociu hacks LET and deletes the link himself. :smiley:

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@frog said: Let me guess, HostSolutions will be removed from the LET Provider Register the day @cociu hacks LET and deletes the link himself.

We need a graph of expectations vs rewards of being an LET admin. If you want to make one, put 99% in the first and 1% on the second.

Thanked by 1raindog308

@frog said:

@raindog308 said:

@Andrews said: that there is no rules on LET

HostSolutions did not actually violate any rules. Their provider tag was removed pretty early on once this news broke, removing their ability to post new offers, so you are incorrect.

Let me guess, HostSolutions will be removed from the LET Provider Register the day @cociu hacks LET and deletes the link himself. :smiley:

I have removed HostSolutions from the listing, thanks for the suggestion.

That said, the Provider Directory is not really maintained, and for that reason a few days ago we removed it from the announced topics list. There is ongoing conversation among the moderator team about how we can improve the concept and perhaps in a refreshed way it will come back in the future.

Thanked by 1frog

@jar said:

@frog said: Let me guess, HostSolutions will be removed from the LET Provider Register the day @cociu hacks LET and deletes the link himself.

We need a graph of expectations vs rewards of being an LET admin. If you want to make one, put 99% in the first and 1% on the second.

Hah, truth indeed!

• @jbiloh said:
    That said, the Provider Directory is not really maintained

There is still a link to the thread above the commercials in the sidebar, so it might be a good idea to write that it isn't maintained.