Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WebHostingTalk Censors LET Admin - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WebHostingTalk Censors LET Admin

Comments

• What's the point to criticized someone else when LET admin and mods behaving like a whore who can do anything for anyone who throws some money on their face?

Just ignore everything against the one who paid you and only reply to them who start bootlicking

• @BlaZe said:

@jbiloh said:
    This is an excellent reminder as to why I avoid webhostingtalk like the plague that it is.

No offence but the amount of spammy "U POST I IZ DOUBLEZ YOUR BRANDWIDTH" posts here from specific host(s) & thus capturing the front page of LET is turning into a plague too.

Please do something about it! At least charge the spammy host(s) if they want to keep spamming. Use that money to donate to ADHD, etc. mental illness cause. WIN WIN Situation!

Don't waste your time.

Purple Spammer paid them very well.. so they (admin or mods) will not reply your comments

Thanked by 2BlaZe chocolateshirt
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

Maybe a stupid question, but: is WHT (and possibly others too) expected to treat some user differently or preferentially because he happens to be a LET admin? And how about vice versa, are LET admins/mods treating admins from WHT and possibly others too differently or preferentially, and if so why?

What if just some "peasant" (not admin or mod) LET user happened to be censored at WHT? Would we care enough to have a thread about that?

As for WHT per se I don't care and hardly know them. But about LET I did care.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited September 2021

I wanted to trash talk WHT some more. This is precisely why their offers page is completely unusable:

"██ AMD RYZEN 5 3600 █ 32GB RAM █ NVMe █ INSTANT █ IPMI █ /24 IPv4 █ Accept BTC █ From $29"

An actual subject from an offer on the first page right now. They are not offering a Ryzen for $29 in any configuration at all, not even starting at $29 before adding necessary parts. There is zero connection between a Ryzen and $29 in this offer post.

And they think we're the shady ones. The fuck is with all of the black boxes too?

If you reply to that thread and point it out, you will be banned. Try it. Don't you DARE try to keep anyone honest in WHT. Without liars and thieves, they'd have no ad revenue.

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2021

@IamMad said:

@BlaZe said:

@jbiloh said:
    This is an excellent reminder as to why I avoid webhostingtalk like the plague that it is.

No offence but the amount of spammy "U POST I IZ DOUBLEZ YOUR BRANDWIDTH" posts here from specific host(s) & thus capturing the front page of LET is turning into a plague too.

Please do something about it! At least charge the spammy host(s) if they want to keep spamming. Use that money to donate to ADHD, etc. mental illness cause. WIN WIN Situation!

Don't waste your time.

Purple Spammer paid them very well.. so they (admin or mods) will not reply your comments

Yeah seems like it.

My comments regarding this subject has been selectively ignored. I even deliberately posted this: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3277543#Comment_3277543
    In fact, I offer a good idea to monetize from the spamming situation, sadly it's ignored.

EDIT:
    This would be perhaps my last comment regarding the plague-like situation (spammy hosts) on LET. Won't bother about this issue again.
    Peace.

Thanked by 1chocolateshirt
  • @jar said: The fuck is with all of the black boxes too

Censoring

Thanked by 1jar
  • @BlaZe said:

@IamMad said:

@BlaZe said:

@jbiloh said:

Don't waste your time.

Yeah seems like it.

My comments regarding this subject has been selectively ignored. I even deliberately posted this: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3277543#Comment_3277543
    In fact, I offer a good idea to monetize from the spamming situation, sadly it's ignored.

Ya I saw that yesterday and will filly agree with you.
    But.. they will ignore you even if it's beneficial for the community.

Let's hope for the best.. or wait for something else to replace this

Thanked by 1BlaZe
  • BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

@IamMad said:

@BlaZe said:

@IamMad said:

@BlaZe said:

Don't waste your time.

Yeah seems like it.

Ya I saw that yesterday and will filly agree with you.
    But.. they will ignore you even if it's beneficial for the community.

Let's hope for the best.. or wait for something else to replace this

Too much of anything is bad. Too much marketing (especially spamming) might act in a negative way in future.

Anyways, I'm done with this issue/topic :D will move on.

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran
    edited September 2021

@jar said:
    I wanted to trash talk WHT some more. This is precisely why their offers page is completely unusable:

"██ AMD RYZEN 5 3600 █ 32GB RAM █ NVMe █ INSTANT █ IPMI █ /24 IPv4 █ Accept BTC █ From $29"

An actual subject from an offer on the first page right now. They are not offering a Ryzen for $29 in any configuration at all, not even starting at $29 before adding necessary parts. There is zero connection between a Ryzen and $29 in this offer post.

And they think we're the shady ones. The fuck is with all of the black boxes too?

If you reply to that thread and point it out, you will be banned. Try it. Don't you DARE try to keep anyone honest in WHT. Without liars and thieves, they'd have no ad revenue.

Ha, they even allow providers to turn comments off on their submissions. Guess they don't want customers being able to ask questions, call a provider out for false claims, or add any sort of valuable engagement.

But hey, for $700 a week you can buy a sticky post! That's a great deal! I mean if WHT can charge like $700 a week for a sticky post, just imagine what LET could charge... /s

Thanked by 2jar bulbasaur
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran
    edited September 2021

@IamMad said: What's the point to criticized someone else when LET admin and mods behaving like a whore who can do anything for anyone who throws some money on their face?

@IamMad said: Purple Spammer paid them very well.. so they (admin or mods) will not reply your comments

Damn, you busted us. It's true. RackNerd advertises here.

Just completely shocking, I know.

BTW, what's with the @IamMad alias, @ViridWeb? Why don't you just post as @ViridWeb from now on, mmmkay? Been looking for a chance to see my new ban pic live.

@jar said: The fuck is with all of the black boxes too?

Two possibilities:

(1) The lifetime of a post on the front page of their advertising forum is only a few hours...gotta load up with stars, emojis, exclamation points, and whatever else to stand out in that critical time.

(2) The provider is ISIS.

Thanked by 1jar

@MannDude said: But hey, for $700 a week you can buy a sticky post! That's a great deal! /s

Is that what it's up to? Wow.

I have their ad price sheet for 2014...stickies were $300/week, banner ads were $2000 per thousand impressions (not clicks, just impressions).

• @jbiloh said:
    So here was the post made mentioning me specifically that I replied to. See below:

---Quote (Originally by ReliableSite)---
    LET is far more active than WHT is and seems to be continuing to grow. Jon has been investing a lot of time and effort into it lately.
    ---End Quote---

Thank you. I've been really happy with the results at LEB and LET. Since taking over 18 months ago I wanted to give people a reason to visit LEB daily, and I think we are making some progress towards that goal. Having unique, high value content, is definitely part of the "magic." Regarding user levels and activity at LET, they have doubled (posts and impressions) year over year.

Every forum has its place and audience it serves. No question that traditional forums are slower today than years ago - after all the only thing in life that is guaranteed is change. Reddit and gen-z are in part why this is happening but also, in my opinion, WHT has not gotten the attention is probably needs to prosper (not trying to offend anyone, that's just my opinion).

I stopped visiting WHT years ago, even before exiting my ownership position in ColoCrossing. There just was not enough reason to invest the time (again, just calling it like I see it). For those who do spend time on WHT, that's good, and I hope you receive some value from it, commercial or otherwise.

Wishing everyone the best. Thanks all. :)

And so my post was then deleted and "bear" sent the following message:

Jon, we're not going to issue warnings here, but you should know better than to be promoting your site(s) like this. This isn't the place.

I did not link to lowendtalk, I was very polite and respectable in my remarks on WHT. Crazy town.

Like it or not, WHT's admins have all had their "power" go to their heads for years. I've been vocal (as with @MannDude and @Jar for a while) with how LET was run historically, but I do see that it's a different (and better) product and experience and has definitely adapted to the changing landscape with a shifting userbase (but still remaining relevant). Specifically, I see @raindog308 's considerable amount of effort and work putting the content together.

WHT is still trying to retain the "glory days" but imho has a shrinking userbase while they're still targeting a "broad" range of topics. They have too many forums/sections that stay idle for days making it seem deserted and very shallow.

I think your post was fairly tame. The original title of this entire thread ("WebHostingTalk Censors LET Admin") is a bit too "wahh" but I can understand the frustration. WHT has always tried to be the black suit-and-tie of hosting but realistically they're the used car salesman in a faded suit trying to convince everyone they're still the big deal.

Besides just throwing shades at WHT, I do think they were just too quick to judge and ignore any offerings of peace. It definitely seem like the old "if you don't agree with my perspectives then you don't belong here". Which... come on. I don't think anything of value was really lost though.

Thanked by 3jar adly MannDude
  • dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@raindog308 said:

@IamMad said: What's the point to criticized someone else when LET admin and mods behaving like a whore who can do anything for anyone who throws some money on their face?

@IamMad said: Purple Spammer paid them very well.. so they (admin or mods) will not reply your comments

BTW, what's with the @IamMad alias, @ViridWeb?

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

@MannDude said: Ha, they even allow providers to turn comments off on their submissions

Last I recall, it was only for mods who were also providers. Because they don't even pretend anymore.

Thanked by 1MannDude

@raindog308 said:

BTW, what's with the @IamMad alias, @ViridWeb? Why don't you just post as @ViridWeb from now on, mmmkay? Been looking for a chance to see my new ban pic live.

edited September 2021

$10 per person (Amazon Gift Card)

For the next 10 people who comment:

#BYE-FELICIA-ViridWeb-LOOOOOLLLL

• BYE-FELICIA-ViridWeb-LOOOOOLLLL

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

BYE-FELICIA-ViridWeb-LOOOOOLLLL

edited September 2021

Patti Smith - Free Money. So damn good.

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

Thanked by 1adly
    edited September 2021

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: IncogNET LLC now accepts Amazon gift cards as payment on all products and services.

/s?

• georgedatacentergeorgedatacenter Member, Patron Provider

• Let's capitalise on this, here you go:

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

• @RackNerd @dustinc do not advertise that much to be honest. Paid ads I mean. They utilize the free threads, so if they do get some sort of preferential treatment it's more likely a back hander or because RackNerds growth = ColoCrossing's growth because I certainly do not see RackNerd images as often as I can see other providers.

Makes you wonder....

Thanked by 1BlaZe