Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WebHostingTalk Censors LET Admin - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WebHostingTalk Censors LET Admin

Comments

• @MannDude said:
    On a serious note, WHT is hardly a community anymore. It's only useful purpose is to generate leads for sales and that is it.

Post a question in a forum or sub forum. Wait to see how long it takes for a response. It might be days, if you're lucky. Post the same question here and take note of not just the quality of response by the subsequent conversation that forms.

Treat WHT like a business and not an open community designed for engagement and your expectations will be lowered. It's a tool for sales and leads and that is really about it nowadays. I've been a member since 2002, almost 20 years, a lot of the quality members that used to frequent the place are gone. MIA. Now it's the same half dozen or so in most threads and a couple I assume get paid to post based on their titles.

WHT is the business convention, tuck in your shirt and smile. LET is the meeting at the bar where you can play some darts and be real.

Precisely, the backlink on both forums alone is still worth some money.

• Even though I have my fair share of criticism of LET (just see my recent threads and replies to jbiloh), I'll admit that this is a place where you can express your thoughts freely without having to fear that some mod will come down on you to "teach you a lesson", so to speak.

• ShakibShakib Member, Patron Provider

WeLoveLET

Not much of a fan of WHT.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Lawless?

• ArkasArkas Moderator

WHT's forum style is a dying breed. I really believe they know that and it bothers them that LET is so active. At the end of the day, it's not a contest about who has the bigger one, but who's getting more action.

• Next level drama, i love it.

• PrivacyPrivacy Member
    edited September 2021

WHT is a bunch of boomers crying about LET providers becoming more popular than them.

Thanked by 1typicalGtaTG
  • IamMadIamMad Member
    edited September 2021

@raindog308 said:

@Andrews said: as above, case of UNBANNED Hostsolustions

BTW, the unbanning of @cociu was in response to numerous community requests to do so. People wanted him to be able to reply to threads and update on what was going on, which he subsequently did.

People also want some restriction on Purple Spam threads here..

They even voted for that..

• SirFoxySirFoxy Member
    edited September 2021

@IamMad said:

@raindog308 said:

BTW, the unbanning of @cociu was in response to numerous community requests to do so. People wanted him to be able to reply to threads and update on what was going on, which he subsequently did.

That's a fact, I had to get the words "exit scam" removed from my thread to get it indexed by SEO. I don't know who did that, but I do know someone changed the thread and then @raindog308 got it moved back.

So LET isn't innocent on censorship either, like Alpharacks and Woothosting don't exist and Dustin didn't run them. The title was accurate, I said less than needed and the title still had to get changed to get indexed.

• Good old bear. The real SJW. LET is openly toxic and simple, but WHT has that hidden passive aggression. Constrained by rules which are easilly bought for money and those who opose corruption are shamed and banned. It is dead place, full of zombies which advertise.

• @jar said:
    When I went to hostingcon and someone mentioned LET as a place to market hosting, I knew that night I'd have to kick out the shady ass WHT hosts that would show up. And I did. They're the worst hosts that circle there. Low effort, no energy, can't read rules, prone to deadpooling because they're the types that think they get business for merely existing.

Asked a guy in an elevator what his hosting company specialized in, making >conversation, he said "hosting." I said "Cool, great talk." Then I drank a lot, because >mingling with WHT types is the absolute worst. Pocket protectors and no personality. >Glad Chris was there so we could laugh about it all at least.

Oh god there were so many Idiots there, I worked for KnownHost at the time and I had multiple people attempt to sell KnownHost server management that approached me. like.. really people? Do you not do your research? I know I had other equally as dumb encounters there but I was pretty toasted and thankfully don't remember much about them.

I also hung out with and had some fun with Adam Ng and @dustinc

I actually have a picture of when they mentioned LowEndTalk. lol

This was their guide on how to "Engage with those options"

Sorry for the poor quality it was 5 years ago and crappy lighting.

Thanked by 1jar
  • but
    not everyone (hoster) has the guts
    for
    duel battle, skirmish or mayhem war
    love
    wild west culture in LET

• @SirFoxy said:
    So LET isn't innocent on censorship either, like Alpharacks and Woothosting don't exist and Dustin didn't run them. The title was accurate, I said less than needed and the title still had to get changed to get indexed.

so I can see now why they just keep unbanning scammers... as every one of them could some day turn in their biggest part of ad earnings (like it somebody told is now happening with that "purple" one)

especially as such resurrected providers are much more pushed to "invest" in ads

• SirFoxySirFoxy Member
    edited September 2021

@Andrews said:

@SirFoxy said:

so I can see now why they just keep unbanning scammers... as every one of them could some day turn in their biggest part of ad earnings (like it somebody told is now happening with that "purple" one)

especially as such resurrected providers are much more pushed to "invest" in ads

All I'm saying is someone definitely moved it from general to offtopic and to get it back to tutorials the title had to be edited, and I'm not necessarily blaming @raindog308 because I think he's for the community.

But, there's most definitely censorship happening here.

• LeviLevi Member
    edited September 2021

@SirFoxy said: there's most definitely censorship happening here.

Of course it does. This is not 4chan or reddit (even there moderation/censorship happens). As soon as censorship levels reach that high as it is in WHT, people will bail this forum and continue on. Past 5 years WHT is nothing but advertisement cest pit. No value, no drama.

LET clock is ticking also, don't have illusions. So enjoy while it lasts.

• noobjockeysnoobjockeys Member
    edited September 2021

@raindog308 said: I would say the forum is in the best shape it's ever been. After the founder (LEAdmin) sold it to chief, and chief sold it to Colocrossing, LET drifted for a while, but now that it has a private owner whose only mission is to make it grow and prosper, there's been more accomplished in the last 18 months than in the previous 8 years.

LET is not privately owned, the owner of it, owns ColoCrossing so that part is incorrect.

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited September 2021

@noobjockeys said:

@raindog308 said: I would say the forum is in the best shape it's ever been. After the founder (LEAdmin) sold it to chief, and chief sold it to Colocrossing, LET drifted for a while, but now that it has a private owner whose only mission is to make it grow and prosper, there's been more accomplished in the last 18 months than in the previous 8 years.

LET is not privately owned, the owner of it, owns ColoCrossing so that part is incorrect.

So we are still owned by CC? Oh... the plot twist!

Thanked by 1typicalGtaTG
  • @default said: So we are still owned by CC? Oh... the plot twist!

I thought that was common knowledge, hence why I corrected the OP.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@noobjockeys said:

@default said: So we are still owned by CC? Oh... the plot twist!

I thought that was common knowledge, hence why I corrected the OP.

I sold ColoCrossing to the Deluxe Corporation in June 2018. As part of that transaction Deluxe purchased LowEndBox and LowEndTalk. I purchased LEB and LET back from Deluxe in January 2020.

I talked about all that here in a prior interview: https://lowendbox.com/blog/interview-qa-with-lowendbox-lowendtalk-owner-jon-biloh/

• @jbiloh said: I sold ColoCrossing to the Deluxe Corporation in June 2018. As part of that transaction Deluxe purchased LowEndBox and LowEndTalk. I purchased LEB and LET back from Deluxe in January 2020.

I assume your LinkedIn is just outdated?

@noobjockeys said:

@jbiloh said: I sold ColoCrossing to the Deluxe Corporation in June 2018. As part of that transaction Deluxe purchased LowEndBox and LowEndTalk. I purchased LEB and LET back from Deluxe in January 2020.

I assume your LinkedIn is just outdated?

Sort of yes. After the buyout I was asked to retain my title. These days, however, I am essentially a special advisor.

I've not been on LinkedIn in years. Maybe I should use it to advertise LEB and LET but that audience probably isn't our core.

• @SirFoxy said:

@IamMad said:

@raindog308 said:

That's a fact, I had to get the words "exit scam" removed from my thread to get it indexed by SEO. I don't know who did that, but I do know someone changed the thread and then @raindog308 got it moved back.

this was quite an obvious one actually. so its now apparent who's paying top dollars.

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • @cybertech said:

@SirFoxy said:

@IamMad said:

@raindog308 said:

this was quite an obvious one actually. so its now apparent who's paying top dollars.

To be fair - Jon has already publicly said that Dustin is paying top dollar, and has shown with his actions that he will allow him to do as he wants, due to that top dollar payment.

Purple spam? Nah, we will call it "purple user engagement" and will salute him for that, and will comment on each and every thread as to how excited and happy he is for said user engagement.

But in the end of the day - we all know that "double my bandwitCh" is a way to circumvent the rules and throw spam in our eyes.

Money makes the world go round.

• @jbiloh said: Sort of yes. After the buyout I was asked to retain my title. These days, however, I am essentially a special advisor.

Ok so technically you consult for ColoCrossing in an employed capacity? You also own LEB & LET

• CoastHostingCoastHosting Member, Host Rep

WHT is so BS, i feel LowEndTalk are reasonable in decisions sometimes. WHT think they're a cut above the rest and make providers jump through hoops even if they're paying them lol

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

@jbiloh said:
    This is an excellent reminder as to why I avoid webhostingtalk like the plague that it is.

No offence but the amount of spammy "U POST I IZ DOUBLEZ YOUR BRANDWIDTH" posts here from specific host(s) & thus capturing the front page of LET is turning into a plague too.

Please do something about it! At least charge the spammy host(s) if they want to keep spamming. Use that money to donate to ADHD, etc. mental illness cause. WIN WIN Situation!

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

Is LET perfect? No. But any longtime member here knows this place is much better than it was years ago, and this is coming from me who used to be pretty vocally against some of the old practices of house brands getting preferential coverage back when vpsBoard was very much a worthwhile alternative in the old VPS forum drama days.

It's hard to please everyone, anyone who runs an active community will tell you that.

It feels weird for me to defend LET, but this place is certainly better than it was in the past. No community is perfect but in my opinion, this place has come very far.

Thanked by 2Arkas Boltersdriveer

@noobjockeys said:

@jbiloh said: Sort of yes. After the buyout I was asked to retain my title. These days, however, I am essentially a special advisor.

Ok so technically you consult for ColoCrossing in an employed capacity? You also own LEB & LET

I am not an employee of Deluxe or ColoCrossing.

@MannDude said:
    Is LET perfect? No. But any longtime member here knows this place is much better than it was years ago, and this is coming from me who used to be pretty vocally against some of the old practices of house brands getting preferential coverage back when vpsBoard was very much a worthwhile alternative in the old VPS forum drama days.

It's hard to please everyone, anyone who runs an active community will tell you that.

It feels weird for me to defend LET, but this place is certainly better than it was in the past. No community is perfect but in my opinion, this place has come very far.

Woot woot, glad to have you here.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@jbiloh said: I've not been on LinkedIn in years.

Can confirm. I thought Jon was just being too snooty to add me.