Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do email hosts like MXroute add something to deliverability?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Do email hosts like MXroute add something to deliverability?

spinbladespinblade Member
edited September 2021 in Help

Hi guys. I have a question about email deliverability when using an email hosting service such as MXroute or their resellers like Nexus Bytes.

So a lot of people recommend using Google Workspace (GSuite) or Microsoft 365 and setting your email up with them to improve deliverability due to them being trusted, etc. If one uses MXroute, who also improve email deliverability, does one still need GW or M365? Does using both help with deliverability? I'm wondering if what makes both solutions helpful for deliverability (i.e., their trusted SMTPs, their trusted IP addresses, etc.) will stack up or if it's a one or the other deal. Usually, you'll buy your domain, add the email to GSuite, and then use Google's SMTP in your emailing solution. If I add MXroute into the mix is there actually some benefit, or by using GSuite and their SMTP am I just cutting MXroute and its benefits out of the loop?

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    Thanked by 1dystopia
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited September 2021

https://mxroute.com/our-unique-outbound-infrastructure/

I need to update this but the concept described is still very much relevant. I've just gotten a bit better at it over time and made changes.

I've seen Microsoft and Google block some of each other's IPs on rare occasion, so I'd say our method does add something that theirs doesn't.

Thanked by 1spinblade
  • @jar said:
    https://mxroute.com/our-unique-outbound-infrastructure/

I need to update this but the concept described is still very much relevant. I've just gotten a bit better at it over time and made changes.

I've seen Microsoft and Google block some of each other's IPs on rare occasion, so I'd say our method does add something that theirs doesn't.

Thanks, Jarland. Yes, I've read that and liked it. So is your special sauce added to the mix when using Microsoft or Google? Would an email, so to say, "go through" both infrastructures on its way to a recipient, or by hosting my email at MXroute but then using Microsoft's SMTP credentials, am I just negating the MXroute leg of the route?

Thanked by 1jar

@spinblade said: Thanks, Jarland. Yes, I've read that and liked it. So is your special sauce added to the mix when using Microsoft or Google? Would an email, so to say, "go through" both infrastructures on its way to a recipient, or by hosting my email at MXroute but then using Microsoft's SMTP credentials, am I just negating the MXroute leg of the route?

If you send email using our SMTP servers then you'll go through the process described. But if you send mail from Microsoft or Google, you're just using their infrastructure instead. They'll be mutually exclusive for one email, though I suppose you could use both in different cases (waste of money though).

I guess I'd think of it like dropping off a letter at the post office to send to a friend. MXroute, Hotmail, and Gmail are all separate post offices with their own internal processes. You'll only drop the letter off at one, but no one can stop you from dropping the next letter off at another.

Thanked by 1spinblade
  • Thanks @jar. That's exactly what I was trying to figure out, whether it stacks or whether it's overkill. Thanks.

Thanked by 1jar

@spinblade said:
    @jar maybe? :)

No, JarLard is his soul alias, the one I call him by.

Thanked by 2jar yoursunny

@deank said: Lard

It's because I'm fat.

No, a jar needs lard.

I can't recall how many times I endured nightmare moments opening stuck jar lids. Always wished I had lard with me in fridge.

Thanked by 2jar bulbasaur

Skinny people always get weird when I make fat jokes. It's like they think they'll get in trouble if they laugh, and I can't because, well, mirror. 🤣

Thanked by 1spinblade

Is that a part of the woke world we are in?

Thanked by 3jar bulbasaur FrankZ
  • LeviLevi Member
    edited September 2021

Lard have good delivery for a small business. If you seek ultimate delivery, signup for google apps. Paid gmail is unbeatable.

• I just use SES to send/receive emails now a days. For low volume personal use it costs almost nothing and i don't have to think about deliverability. Imo the ground for self-hosting email is already lost (thanks to the spammers/scammers).

• @cadddr said:
    I just use SES to send/receive emails now a days. For low volume personal use it costs almost nothing and i don't have to think about deliverability. Imo the ground for self-hosting email is already lost (thanks to the spammers/scammers).

It depends on the use case. @jar takes pride in his craft and does a good job. He keeps his IPs clean, but the content and your domain also matter.

If it's for personal use I'd go with MXRoute, if it's for marketing, I'd go with SES.

Thanked by 1jar
  • @deank said:
    Is that a part of the woke world we are in?

Woke is a Chinese scam from China