Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

case study: racknerd (marketing, and beyond)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

case study: racknerd (marketing, and beyond)

SirFoxySirFoxy Member
edited September 2021 in Tutorials

this thread isn't about being a hit piece, it's about realism.

there's lessons to be learned here, let us begin:

1) get eyes on your offers

dustin more or less created the "bump to get double bandwidth" - he knows 90% of people won't use even 25% of bandwidth, but he'll get his threads on top consistently.

the more eyes, the more sales, good publicity or bad.

2) incentivization

humans are basic really, if you incentivize someone to do something, they'll probably do it, even if it's in your favor.

(such as the bumps.)

the same thing works for the giveaways he does i.e. like this page, follow this page, you might get a $20 chinese keyboard.

3) make connections

with the right connections you can do big things.

the right connections can make people forget your past.

4) PR

in continuance to the last point -- dustin is overly robotic, internally he might be >:-| but externally he keeps it pg and "professional".

though, it does work for specific audiences, particularly B2B.

5) be flexible

dustin is ultimately a reseller, when he expands he's not really expanding, he's just renting a new server and delegating the resources out.

that way his investment isn't too big, and you can make moves fast.

6) value stacking (as mentioned in one of my past threads)

alike many others, dustin recently advertised free clientexec with an existing service what costs him a monthly NOC fee he can then and go advertise to his clients as $100+ yearly value for a low ticket product.

the perception matters, and the value is conveyed.

there's more to it than that, but that covers the bases.

dustin is a good salesman, i'm sure he brings in good money.

man to man i can respect the hustle.

love,

foxy

P.S. comment #COCKANDBALLS for absolutely nothing.

Comments

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

Appreciate you vouching :) Every provider here is capable! Cheers to more success.

For those interested in the FREE Clientexec license discussed above - this goes well with it

https://my.racknerd.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=358

• COCKANDBALLS

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited September 2021

Racknerd should just buy LET, for real, and if Racknerd deadpools, it takes all the shit with it.
    The world would be a better place after this day.

@Neoon said:
    Racknerd should just buy LET, for real, and if Racknerd deadpools, it takes all the shit with it. The world would be a better place after this day.

What if we already own it?

• COCKANDBALLS

+1 for @dustinc being a boss level hustler with amazingly professional interpersonal skills.

edited September 2021

@dustinc said:

@Neoon said:
    Racknerd should just buy LET, for real, and if Racknerd deadpools, it takes all the shit with it. The world would be a better place after this day.

You already pay billoh money and according to the front page, so you basically already own it.
    But legally you don't.

So why all the fuz?
    Lets go ALL IN, buy it!

allornothing

Thanked by 1BlaZe

@Neoon said:

@dustinc said:

@Neoon said:

You already pay billoh money and according to the main page, you already own it.
    But legally you don't.

So why all the fuz?
    Lets go ALL IN, buy it!

allornothing

We do invest in our business - advertisements are important. Can't create flow, without being seen/known.

We are going all in with our expansions! More to be announced 😉

Thanked by 1dahartigan

@dahartigan said:

COCKANDBALLS

+1 for @dustinc being a boss level hustler with amazingly professional interpersonal skills.

Thank You @dahartigan -- appreciate that.

Thanked by 1dahartigan

@dustinc said:
    We do invest in our business - advertisements are important. Can't create flow, without being seen/known.

ROI is everything, if its cheaper to rent a hooker instead of buying it, that does makes sense.
    If you going to deadpool soonTM, but in the long term, would be cheaper just to buy.

@Neoon said:

@dustinc said:

ROI is everything, if its cheaper to rent a hooker instead of buying it, that does makes sense.
    If you going to deadpool soonTM, but in the long term, would be cheaper just to buy.

Understood. Appreciate the knowledge.

• @dustinc said:

@Neoon said:

i like seeing the shit talking it makes people see you as a human rather than AI created by QN labs

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

This thread's been up for over 20 mins and not a single giveaway has been posted yet. I'm disappointed.

@dustinc said:

@Neoon said:

@dustinc said:

Understood. Appreciate the knowledge.

Thanked by 1chocolateshirt

@SirFoxy said:

@dustinc said:

@Neoon said:

i like seeing the shit talking it makes people see you as a human rather than AI created by QN labs

Do people buy from humans or robots? Possibly both? What is your valuable opinion on this?

• Sorry, but imho you came off as a hater. Most wont disagree with what you posted and most on here know it already... So why post it and claim it isnt a hit piece?

• @dustinc said:

@SirFoxy said:

@dustinc said:

@Neoon said:

Do people buy from humans or robots? Possibly both? What is your valuable opinion on this?

I personally hate humans, so I welcome our robot overlords. In saying that, I love the human touch, so a humanized robotic salesman would be ideal.

@SirFoxy I stole your mic, soz, have that back..

Thanked by 1SirFoxy
  • bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

invoice #1337420

please double bandwidth 🙏🙏

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • 1) where's waldo?

2)

@dustinc said:

@SirFoxy said:

@dustinc said:

@Neoon said:

I want you to prove you're not AI made by QN by typing #COCKANDBALLS.

Thanked by 1dahartigan

@SirFoxy said:
    1) where's waldo?

2)

@dustinc said:

@SirFoxy said:

@dustinc said:

@Neoon said:

I want you to prove you're not AI made by QN by typing #COCKANDBALLS.

RACKNERD-SQUAD

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

RACKNERD-SQUAD

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @Waldo19 said:
    Sorry, but imho you came off as a hater. Most wont disagree with what you posted and most on here know it already... So why post it and claim it isnt a hit piece?

It ain't a hit piece, it's love without too much PDA.

@Harambe said:

RACKNERD-SQUAD

Send me a PM for a $25 Amazon card, or $25 RackNerd account credit - your choice!

• @dustinc said:

@Harambe said:

RACKNERD-SQUAD

Send me a PM for a $25 Amazon card, or $25 RackNerd account credit - your choice!

:love:

• RACKNERD-GANG

Thanked by 1Arkas
  • RACKNERD-GANG

@godslayer @Sebster27

Party?

• I LIKE TURTLES

Thanked by 1rogerwilco
  • bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

@dustinc said:

@Harambe said:

RACKNERD-SQUAD

you sure know the way to a LET user's heart

• @bruh21 said:

@dustinc said:

@Harambe said:

RACKNERD-SQUAD

you sure know the way to a LET user's heart

In @Harambe’s case you must mean into a LET user’s pants. 🦍

• a love story in two images

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

You know a lot of people hate on advertisements and salesmanship, but honestly when I get connected with someone trying to make an honest living who sells me something I want, even if I didn't know I wanted it before they offered it (the real win for sales), I'm pretty damn happy. Seems to me that a lot of people are connecting with these offers and feeling like they came out on top, and I'm for it.