Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"Objective review" - can you trust it? The truth, a *real* comparison and news - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

"Objective review" - can you trust it? The truth, a *real* comparison and news

Comments

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited September 2021

@FAT32 said:
    What I am not happy is most of the time jsg doesn't even reply to the question, and just straight away using strong words like "No", "Wrong", "I don't need to explain". Yes you might be smart, but rather than typing a long paragraph to confuse people, explain concisely and being constructive is more helpful than showing your ego.

Uhm, I have specified settings used, relevant details, details of how my disk benchmarking works, etc. far, far, more extensively than pretty much everyone else.

And, as you seem to have missed that: Where are your hard requirements for questions and remarks directed at me and/or my work? That is the reason I often just brush off a "question" or statement. Why am I expected to respond in detail and quality to anything thrown at me? On what is that supposed duty of mine based? And where is the duty of others to meet even minimal requirements?

Nope, I don't fall for that. It was evident that a few here were extremely pi__ed off by my tag having the word "King" in it plus they don't like me (to put it mildly). That was the driver, not any technical concerns.
    Well noted, it is within their right to dislike me, that's OK. What is not OK though is to paint their witch hunt as "technical questions and concerns"

I find it sad, really sad that now even an admin whom I liked and respected joins in the "we do not need to meet any requirements whatsoever, everything goes, and our claims are automatically justified and true, but you, jsg, must explain and prove anything and everything and must meet not only normal requirements but whatever we please to come up with" game.

And of bloody course you now also ignore that there is a civilized and well working solution that addresses your "concerns": just ignore and do not use my software and my reviews. But of course doing that would address only the "concerns" you/they pretend to have, but not the real issue, your negative emotions. To alleviate that issue you need a witch hunt.

• @jsg how about my constructive suggestion on first page?

If you really want to compare between cached/buffered disk result and non-cached/non-buffered disk result you need to use proper flag/parameter on fio.

• Use --direct=1 flag if want to use non-cached/non-buffered result.
    • Remove --direct=1 flag or replace it with --direct=0 flag if you want to use cached/buffered result.

I believe the result of test between cached and non-cached disk using fio would be different.

Thanked by 2bulbasaur vimalware
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

Dude, why bother?

The guy will run in an endless circles of denial for as long as he can.

Just let him be and leave him alone. Nothing he will say and do will be trusted either way.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@deank said:
    Nothing he will say and do will be trusted either way.

... by a small group of not particularly relevant people (most of which btw contribute very little of value to LET).

Completed that for you. You are welcome. And thanks for the confession.

Thanked by 1Arkas
  • @jsg said:

@deank said:

... by a small group of not particularly relevant people (most of which btw contribute very little of value to LET).

I guess the mental trauma of being wrong has gone to such a point where you're unable to type a command. Or, is it because, you will be proven wrong (again)?

Thanked by 1Andrews

I have no fear of being wrong.

Because I am always wrong. lol

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • Oh LET.

Things haven't changed. It's new faces but still the same arguments.

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep

@HalfEatenPie said:
    Things haven't changed. It's new faces but still the same arguments.

's/bsd/jsg/g; s/guy//g'

Thanked by 1bulbasaur
  • TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited September 2021

@FAT32 said:
    I don't understand why this discussion can lasts for so long, this is the same as all those ads saying "Macbook M1 can lasts up to 17 hours for wireless web". But a lot of details are missing here, is it normal webpage with no animation? Is it a webpage with graphic intensive stuff? Is the Macbook fully new? Everyone have their own ruler, and their own way of measuring the performance.

What I am not happy is most of the time jsg doesn't even reply to the question, and just straight away using strong words like "No", "Wrong", "I don't need to explain". Yes you might be smart, but rather than typing a long paragraph to confuse people, explain concisely and being constructive is more helpful than showing your ego.

I don't care about whichever benchmark is more accurate, but the way you convey your message might need some improvements.

Apple equivalent: "the MacBook has 17 hours battery life"

Jsg: "the MacBook has 0.56 or 56 hours of battery".

This is not just about specific conditions to get a specific result, it's just plain doing it wrong.

What a missed opportunity.

Should've said 69 hours of battery.

• @jsg said:

@deank said:

Arkas is the only one supporting you and he's fucking useless. One is a much smaller number than our "small group" of technical professionals.

• @jsg said:

@deank said:

How much value do nonsensical numbers give?

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@TimboJones said: Arkas is the only one supporting you and he's fucking useless.

There you go again you dumb fuck. You must be living such a boring life that you have nothing better to do than come here every 24 hours and spill your crap right out of your mouth.

Thanked by 1jsg
  • jmgcaguiclajmgcaguicla Member
    edited September 2021

@Arkas said:
    You must be living such a boring life that you have nothing better to do than come here every 24 hours and spill your crap right out of your mouth.

Pot, Kettle, Black

PS: You're not even contributing any value to the conversation, you're just throwing insults in hopes he bites.

• @Arkas said:

@TimboJones said: Arkas is the only one supporting you and he's fucking useless.

There you go again you dumb fuck. You must be living such a boring life that you have nothing better to do than come here every 24 hours and spill your crap right out of your mouth.

Logic fail. I have boring life with nothing better to do so I come here once a day on lunch break. But you and your super exciting life can come here multiple times a day to suck jsg's dick. Your insults don't even make sense, you're not doing jsg any favours being his only cheerleader. It's pretty telling when the only jsg supporter is a nitwit who doesn't even use jsg's benchmark. That's an even worse sign that it really isn't used by his one supporter.

Thanked by 1fragpic
  • AndrewsAndrews Member
    edited September 2021

@TimboJones said:
    Apple equivalent: "the MacBook has 17 hours battery life"

Jsg: "the MacBook has 0.56 or 56 hours of battery".

This is not just about specific conditions to get a specific result, it's just plain doing it wrong.

@deank said:

guys better do not tempt him to create another fake/pseudo "benchmark" to test battery life (with random/malicious results as well) and bother us to death with his bashing of BAPCO MobileMark, Imtec BatteryMark etc. :D

Thanked by 2TimboJones bulbasaur

What a clusterfuck of a thread, again.

Good job, jbiioh. LET is really going downhil.

Thanked by 2cybertech bulbasaur
  • @deank said:

That would have made it seem like jsg was cool or funny.

Thanked by 1cybertech

Well, in my book, jsg is indeed cool and funny.

Just in a pretty bad way.

Thanked by 2cybertech bulbasaur
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

@TimboJones said: Logic fail. I have boring life with nothing better to do so I come here once a day on lunch break. But you and your super exciting life can come here multiple times a day to suck jsg's dick. Your insults don't even make sense, you're not doing jsg any favours being his only cheerleader. It's pretty telling when the only jsg supporter is a nitwit who doesn't even use jsg's benchmark. That's an even worse sign that it really isn't used by his one supporter.

You really are a first class moron and a dumbwit. Your posts prove as much. All you now how to do is throw insults. Your posts add no value here you sick bastard.

Thanked by 1jsg
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

@jmgcaguicla said: PS: You're not even contributing any value to the conversation, you're just throwing insults in hopes he bites.

I'm responding in kind. You want valuable posts, check other threads I participate in, not this one.

Thanked by 1jsg
  • @Arkas said:
    Your posts add no value here you sick bastard.

Shit, you might actually be jsg with that statement. Please indicate where a single post you made in this thread was on topic and added value.

Again, test the fucking app and post the results if don't want to be looked at as jsg's cock holster.

@jmgcaguicla said: PS: You're not even contributing any value to the conversation, you're just throwing insults in hopes he bites.

I'm responding in kind. You want valuable posts, check other threads I participate in, not this one.

6 years, 159 thanks. You're useless.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@TimboJones said: 6 years, 159 thanks. You're useless

Look at the ratio... But If you had half a brain, you'd have checked that first.

• @chocolateshirt said:
    @jsg how about my constructive suggestion on first page?

If you really want to compare between cached/buffered disk result and non-cached/non-buffered disk result you need to use proper flag/parameter on fio.

• Use --direct=1 flag if want to use non-cached/non-buffered result.
    • Remove --direct=1 flag or replace it with --direct=0 flag if you want to use cached/buffered result.

I believe the result of test between cached and non-cached disk using fio would be different.

Do not expect any response for anything is direct and quantifiable for repeat testing.

On the other hand, expect long essays.

• @deank said:
    Good job, jbiioh. LET is really going downhil.

they just took a malicious person (actively supported romanian scam), antisocial with mental issues (he confessed that he have anger management issues) and they crowned him as a KING (of BENCHMARKS) of this community :O for fun I guess :D

same wise decision as unbanning cociu, hostdoc and other known scammers...

• @Arkas said:

@TimboJones said: 6 years, 159 thanks. You're useless

Look at the ratio... But If you had half a brain, you'd have checked that first.

Which ratio? The comments:thanks that my ratio is higher than yours or the pathetic 27 thanks a year? You're demonstrating your value by showing its less than mine? sigh

Thanked by 1jsg
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

@TimboJones said: Which ratio? The comments:thanks that my ratio is higher than yours or the pathetic 27 thanks a year? You're demonstrating your value by showing its less than mine? sigh

Ok, you've proved to me how dumb you are. I can't argue with a child.

• @Arkas said:

@TimboJones said: Which ratio? The comments:thanks that my ratio is higher than yours or the pathetic 27 thanks a year? You're demonstrating your value by showing its less than mine? sigh

Ok, you've proved to me how dumb you are. I can't argue with a child.

You're a Dunning-Kruger Effect in full demonstration.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@TimboJones said: You're a Dunning-Kruger Effect in full demonstration

Yes, yes. Drink your milk now, time for bed.

• @Arkas said:

@TimboJones said: Logic fail. I have boring life with nothing better to do so I come here once a day on lunch break. But you and your super exciting life can come here multiple times a day to suck jsg's dick. Your insults don't even make sense, you're not doing jsg any favours being his only cheerleader. It's pretty telling when the only jsg supporter is a nitwit who doesn't even use jsg's benchmark. That's an even worse sign that it really isn't used by his one supporter.

You really are a first class moron and a dumbwit. Your posts prove as much. All you now how to do is throw insults. Your posts add no value here you sick bastard.

Mirror.. mirror on the wall.. Who is the clueless old man who can only throw insult to others?

Yeah only you.

Thanked by 2adly TimboJones