Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Servers Galore Goes Down & Under
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Servers Galore Goes Down & Under

AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
edited September 2021 in Providers

Just got this email, the timing of which means that it comes into immediate effect! :'(

Due to extreme, severe and unforeseen circumstances Servers Galore will cease operating as of 13 September 2021. All VPS and Web services will remain active until 1 October 2021. After this date, our servers will be shut down and data beyond this date will be unrecoverable. Please ensure that all required data is obtained before 1 October 2021.

Unfortunately due to the unique circumstances our Billing, Sales and Technical Support departments will no longer be monitored.

We thank you for supporting a local Australian business and wish you all the best on finding a new host.

Crikey!

[The end is..]

Thanked by 1dahartigan

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Think it's maybe related to the new law that got past?

Francisco

• F

Thanked by 1Arkas
  • AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited September 2021

@Francisco said: Think it's maybe related to the new law that got past?

Got me there.. link?

@jmgcaguicla
    I ain't going there, with the volume up - ear worm!

• dahartigandahartigan Member
    edited September 2021

@Francisco said:

Francisco

Not likely at all. The gov passed new laws that would rattle up the likes of Fran, but nobody running a legitimate operation would have anything to worry about.

Probably just a financial deadpool, Australia is a tough market.

• @dahartigan said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

Not likely at all. The gov passed new laws that would rattle up the likes of Fran, but nobody running a legitimate operation would have anything to worry about.

Are you implying that Fran is not running a legitimate operation?
    Cause he has been pretty legit for me and my needs.
    And as far as I know - FranTech is a registered company, paying taxes and whatnot, so that's about as legitimate as it gets, no?

• @NobodyInteresting said:

@dahartigan said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

And as far as I know - FranTech is a registered company, paying taxes and whatnot, so that's about as legitimate as it gets, no?

I think Fran is implying serversgalore is dodgy by your logic..

• edited September 2021

@dahartigan said:

@NobodyInteresting said:

@dahartigan said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

I am not aware of which law he was talking about to begin with. And I don't see him saying anything about them not being a legitimate business, nor talking about taxes and all that good stuff. So how is he implying anything according to my logic? :joy:

Also a company closing down with the amazing 1 day notice is a dodgy ass company in my book.

@dahartigan said:

@NobodyInteresting said:

@dahartigan said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

I am not aware of which law he was talking about to begin with. And I don't see him saying anything about them not being a legitimate business, nor talking about taxes and all that good stuff. So how is he implying anything according to my logic? :joy:

Jesus dude, back up and read the thread again, now look at your comments... See where the confusion came along? Lol

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • @dahartigan said:

@NobodyInteresting said:

@dahartigan said:

@NobodyInteresting said:

@dahartigan said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

Jesus dude, back up and read the thread again, now look at your comments... See where the confusion came along? Lol

Ah, they did give 2 week notice, I must have not seen that. Figured the statement of effective tomorrow (today in down underland) meant all will be shut down tomorrow (today).

Still - you are implying, if not even stating, that Fran is not running a legitimate business. Mind chiming in as to why you claim that? I have nothing but praises for his business and to be honest - for him personally.

@dahartigan said:

@NobodyInteresting said:

@dahartigan said:

@NobodyInteresting said:

@dahartigan said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

Ah, they did give 2 week notice, I must have not seen that. Figured the statement of effective tomorrow (today in down underland) meant all will be shut down tomorrow (today).

Still - you are implying, if not even stating, that Fran is not running a legitimate business. Mind chiming in as to why you claim that? I have nothing but praises for his business and to be honest - for him personally.

Okay, you've made it very clear you are a Fran shill and that you are basically in love with him.

I suggest you educate yourself as to which law Fran is suggesting applies to the OP, read over your comments, and try again..

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@NobodyInteresting said: effective tomorrow (today in down underland) meant all will be shut down tomorrow >(today)

Man, you're confusing me. Am I in today or tomorrow?

• @dahartigan said:

The gov passed new laws that would rattle up the likes of Fran, but nobody running a legitimate operation would have anything to worry about.

Could you clarify what kind this new laws is it ? just for info...
    Regards

• @dahartigan said:

@NobodyInteresting said:

@dahartigan said:

@NobodyInteresting said:

@dahartigan said:

@NobodyInteresting said:

@dahartigan said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

Okay, you've made it very clear you are a Fran shill and that you are basically in love with him.

I suggest you educate yourself as to which law Fran is suggesting applies to the OP, read over your comments, and try again..

I am a shill? Not sure what got you ticking, but I have been nothing but nice to you thus far.

So I don't know whats up your ass, but you best get it out and have a quick smoke (or two) and calm them titties :-) I might do the same lol.

I simply asked you why you claim that he is running an illegitimate business. Cause that is a claim that seriously needs backing.

• @Arkas said:

@NobodyInteresting said: effective tomorrow (today in down underland) meant all will be shut down tomorrow >(today)

Man, you're confusing me. Am I in today or tomorrow?

We are way back in yesterday, sir :-)

Thanked by 1Arkas
  • I'd just like to clarify a few things. The closure is not related to any new laws or illegitimate business practice. There have been some very unfortunate events that have forced this sudden and immediate closure. We are working with what we have to do what we can.

• All the best @ServersGalore!

@Francisco tsk tsk
    @NobodyInteresting you need a better boyfriend ;)

• reads thread title
    Me: "oh, they're going out of business"

reads thread title, again
    Me: "oh wait, that could just mean Servers Galore is expanding to Australia"

reads OP
    Me: "FFS, going out of business AND just happen to be Australian".

• @dahartigan said:
    @NobodyInteresting you need a better boyfriend ;)

How you dooooin 😂

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • Does anyone know if serversgalore is in any way affiliated with ransomit?
    Just asking as their dedi offers look like exactly the same...
    Yes, they do have different ABN numbers, so maybe one is a reseller of the other?

• @OhJohn said:
    Does anyone know if serversgalore is in any way affiliated with ransomit?
    Just asking as their dedi offers look like exactly the same...
    Yes, they do have different ABN numbers, so maybe one is a reseller of the other?

Just using RansomIT's network. Probs colo'in

Thanked by 2OhJohn AlwaysSkint
  • AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited September 2021

@TimboJones said: reads thread title..

Hence the newspaper-type headline works!
    ..and @jmgcaguicla got the other reference too, which means they're (being PC) nearly as obtuse as me. ;)