Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is better Reseller Hosting or VPS Hosting? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What is better Reseller Hosting or VPS Hosting?

2»

Comments

• JasonMJasonM Member
    edited September 2021

@ChaoscripT said: So how I can know if I get dedicated CPU for VPS or no? I know that most of the providers are write "vCPU", I assume it's shared CPU.

Better open a ticket to specific provider and ask them if the particular plan they are selling have 1 CPU dedicated? or 1 vCPU dedicated or 1 vCPU shared?

Because there can be lot of confusion if it is not disclosed correctly on their website/ads.

Always ask, then buy. simple.

===

Also more CPU and RAM does not mean sites will load faster IF host node has 1000s of VPS on single node with 256GB of RAM, and a mammoth CPU / server. It all depends on how the node is managed. In LE market its mostly oversold. But then if you want really non-oversold node then you'll have to go with super-premium hosts like liquidweb, rackspace, or some others who advertise that they host 8 or 10 VPS on single node, but they'll charge anything beyond $100/mo for such things.

Sites hosted on LE shared hosts can also run as fast a VPS if the node is not oversold, there are many free-resources available, disk is NVMe and good I/O, etc.

My current LE shared host has 12 CPU, 24 Core, 128GB RAM node, with average load of 2 or 3 during peak hours and RAM utilization of the node is around 28% to 32%. So sites load super-fast on shared plan.

My another LE shared host has 4CPU, 8 Core, 32 GB Ram node, with average load of 8 to 10, and about 35% RAM utilization. The disk is heavily used so site loads bit slower than my first host, but its also fast compared to bluehost, hostgator, or other crappy popular hosts on google.

Thanked by 1ChaoscripT
  • ChaoscripTChaoscripT Member
    edited September 2021

@JasonM said:

@ChaoscripT said: So how I can know if I get dedicated CPU for VPS or no? I know that most of the providers are write "vCPU", I assume it's shared CPU.

Better open a ticket to specific provider and ask them if the particular plan they are selling have 1 CPU dedicated? or 1 vCPU dedicated or 1 vCPU shared?

Because there can be lot of confusion if it is not disclosed correctly on their website/ads.

Always ask, then buy. simple.

===

Also more CPU and RAM does not mean sites will load faster IF host node has 1000s of VPS on single node with 256GB of RAM, and a mammoth CPU / server. It all depends on how the node is managed. In LE market its mostly oversold. But then if you want really non-oversold node then you'll have to go with super-premium hosts like liquidweb, rackspace, or some others who advertise that they host 8 or 10 VPS on single node, but they'll charge anything beyond $100/mo for such things.

Sites hosted on LE shared hosts can also run as fast a VPS if the node is not oversold, there are many free-resources available, disk is NVMe and good I/O, etc.

My current LE shared host has 12 CPU, 24 Core, 128GB RAM node, with average load of 2 or 3 during peak hours and RAM utilization of the node is around 28% to 32%. So sites load super-fast on shared plan.

My another LE shared host has 4CPU, 8 Core, 32 GB Ram node, with average load of 8 to 10, and about 35% RAM utilization. The disk is heavily used so site loads bit slower than my first host, but its also fast compared to bluehost, hostgator, or other crappy popular hosts on google.

OK Asked the provider of the VPS about it.
    Edit - It's vCPU shared.

I really don't know how much VPS's they host on same node.

My current provider (with the reseller plan) I really don't know how much CPU/RAM they have inside the node, but I didn't see anytime load more then 2.

Regards.

• JasonMJasonM Member
    edited September 2021

@ChaoscripT said: My current provider (with the reseller plan) I really don't know how much CPU/RAM they have inside the node, but I didn't see anytime load more then 2.

great. Normally old CPU like E3 have 4CPU with HT = 8CPU.
    New Ryzen are 12 and 24 Cores.
    so 2 load is quite good. You can stick with them instead of going with VPS.

@ChaoscripT said: I really don't know how much VPS's they host on same node.

Normally if the node is big like Dual E5 with 32 cores, and 128GB ram, then expect a minimum of 200 VPS running inside it. Providers don't disclose it. But that's a minimum they'll sell if they want to a profit.

• @JasonM said:

@ChaoscripT said: My current provider (with the reseller plan) I really don't know how much CPU/RAM they have inside the node, but I didn't see anytime load more then 2.

great. Normally old CPU like E3 have 4CPU with HT = 8CPU.
    New Ryzen are 12 and 24 Cores.
    so 2 load is quite good. You can stick with them instead of going with VPS.

@ChaoscripT said: I really don't know how much VPS's they host on same node.

Normally if the node is big like Dual E5 with 32 cores, and 128GB ram, then expect a minimum of 200 VPS running inside it. Providers don't disclose it. But that's a minimum they'll sell if they want to a profit.

My current Reseller provider have Ryzen 9 5950X CPU.

The VPS provider have Ryzen 5900X CPU or Intel E-2278G.

Regards.

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • Thanks for all replies,
    I think I will stick with my Reseller plan.

Regards.