Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Seafile with Filebase?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Seafile with Filebase?

o_be_oneo_be_one Member
edited September 2021 in Help

Hey folks,

just wanted to know if you made a Seafile with S3 backend? Does it works? Did you tried with Filebase?
For me it doesn't work, i've all setup correctly but just getting System Internal Error and not much informations about the issue. I've put V4 S3, us-east-1 region, and all settings that seems to fit.

2021-09-02 18:47:14,373 [ERROR] seahub.api2.endpoints.admin.libraries:212 post Failed to add commit
2021-09-02 18:47:14,375 [ERROR] django.request:222 log_response Internal Server Error: /api/v2.1/admin/libraries/

I use their docker-compose for Seafile Pro.

[commit_object_backend]
name = s3
bucket = seafile
key_id = **********
key = **********
host = s3.filebase.com
use_https = true
use_v4_signature = true
aws_region = us-east-1
path_style_request = false
memcached_options = --SERVER=memcached:11211 --POOL-MIN=10 --POOL-MAX=100

[fs_object_backend]
name = s3
bucket = seafile
key_id = **********
key = **********
host = s3.filebase.com
use_https = true
use_v4_signature = true
aws_region = us-east-1

[block_backend]
name = s3
bucket = seafile
key_id = **********
key = **********
host = s3.filebase.com
use_https = true
use_v4_signature = true
aws_region = us-east-1

I'm trying to find a way to host my own private cloud storage in a more reliable way for cheap; so after having tested Sync.com and others e2ee, i've finally found that Seafile encrypted + S3 would be a good idea as well. Filebase seems to replicate 3 times our data, and the price is good for me. Since it's for a personnal use, i can use Seafile Pro for free ^^.

There is also Wasabi as an interesting alternative, but their incident page seems to show some regular issues. B2 is too expensive imho. I'm registered on Lima-Labs as well, looks awesome, but heard so much about downtimes... And their blog prove it.

I really like BuyVM as well, their Slice sounds really good, but i can't see anything regarding data protection (i mean, other than just raid, i would like replicated data ; sure i can also take another slice and replicate in it, just to be sure it's not on the same node for example).

I'm also aware about storage from NexusBytes and other great providers, but it's also a big SPOF. I understand that ANYWAY it will be a SPOF if i don't replicate my data outside of it. I keep local copy of my data on external hard drive as well, i go the cloud way to keep an online backup that i can access everywhere + able to backup my iPhone pictures automaticly.

Thanks for your feedbacks!

Comments

• Update:

• Got contacted in private by Filebase
    • Works with Wasabi (without v4 support)
  • Seafile is an awesome project!

I have never tried setting it up specifically with Filebase. If you are running into issues only with FIlebase it may be a problem with their S3 API implementation and how Seafile uses that implementation.

Take a look at Minio which can allow you to setup a S3 compatible server or Proxy of your own. This may fix the issues you are running into with Filebase.

• @jamesrat said: I have never tried setting it up specifically with Filebase. If you are running into issues only with FIlebase it may be a problem with their S3 API implementation and how Seafile uses that implementation.

I've just found a 12d old thread on Seafile forum about Backblaze B2 same issue :(.

Minio is awesome but doesn't fit my requirements :(. I'm trying to get most availability and those providers are quite solid (Wasabi, B2, AWS S3, Filebase, etc.) ; 1 node file server is a high risk of downtime imho. Also i try to reduce the maintainance required on this (like avoid migrating from server for example, or having to setup Minio, etc.).