Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Inception Hosting - Launching FRANKFURT & PHOENIX NVMe KVM Servers on Clouvider's Network 33% off - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Inception Hosting - Launching FRANKFURT & PHOENIX NVMe KVM Servers on Clouvider's Network 33% off

13»

Comments

• skorousskorous Member
    edited September 2021

@cadddr said:

What multics are you talking about? If it's the OS that runs in a simulator, it's not a grey area... besides i doubt it does any networking and you can't run it in qemu. So i have no idea what you are talking about.

Try searching for ' card sharing multics '. He's trying to steal satellite television.

Edit: formatting.

• @cadddr said:

@Ttanyad said: basically u have no idea about multics. That's why is gray area

What multics are you talking about? If it's the OS that runs in a simulator, it's not a grey area... besides i doubt it does any networking and you can't run it in qemu. So i have no idea what you are talking about.

Yeah, I also thought at first that he was talking about the old OS Multics in a simulator, but I guess not.

• @Ttanyad said: So it's in a gray area, like I wrote before.

Could you say more precisely why it's in a gray area?

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Member, Patron Provider

@Ttanyad said: Sorry to hear that U don't want multics servers in your network.

I dont want copyright abuse on the network, if you could explain more about the specifics or provide any meaningful links I am happy to take a further look.

@skorous said:

@cadddr said:

Try searching for ' card sharing multics '. He's trying to steal satellite television.

ooooh right, yeah that is not a grey area, card sharing enables copyright infringement, not a grey area.

While I agree you are not going to be distributing the material you are enabling the consumption of copyright material by those who have not paid for it.

To put it another way in more simple terms and to draw a comparison, you cannot host a windows (or other software) activation server either that hosts a bunch of keys not intended for free distribution or use to illegally activate or enable the use of unlicensed software or services :)

Thanks.

The answer is no.

Thanked by 2webcraft bulbasaur
  • @skorous said:

@cadddr said:

Yeah - you need to do that -first search for multics than write about :smiley: -?? trying to steal satellite television?? :smiley: Pfff, what a greenhorn!!.

• @InceptionHosting said:

@skorous said:

@cadddr said:

ooooh right, yeah that is not a grey area, card sharing enables copyright infringement, not a grey area.

While I agree you are not going to be distributing the material you are enabling the consumption of copyright material by those who have not paid for it.

To put it another way in more simple terms and to draw a comparison, you cannot host a windows (or other software) activation server either that hosts a bunch of keys not intended for free distribution or use to illegally activate or enable the use of unlicensed software or services :)

Thanks.

The answer is no.

Hi,

Last intervention on this subject: fyi: not hosting any key - just rerouting data between users.

The answer was crystal clear before.

Bye

• @Ttanyad said: Last intervention on this subject: fyi: not hosting any key - just rerouting data between users.

Okay smartguy, what 'data' are you routing between users?

edited September 2021

@Ttanyad said: just rerouting data between users.

That allows said users to bypass the need to take a paid subscription from Satelite TV providers.

I understand why you call it a grey area, I really do but that fact is that it does bypass many companies standard terms to consume media they have a license for, and the people using a shared card do not have the right to consume as they have not taken license through the payment of a physical card.

It's nothing personal obviously, but the truth is that Sky and many others actively look for and peruse these activities often involving the police.

So really if people want to do this and they don't feel there is any harm in it, why not just do it from home, it requires minimal bandwidth :) then just tell the police it is just routing data between users, they will understand.