Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question about the services about Hosthatch - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Question about the services about Hosthatch

Comments

• @chocolateshirt said:

@Merlincool said:
    Same thing happened to me after creating my invoice, I created ticket and asked them the storage is not doubled. They deleted my invoice and said it was mistake. I made that invoice even before changes were made by OP. They did not provide what they promised for.

Please provide proof here.

Why would I lie at first place. Here are Proofs. They accused me of been Abuser? I haven't bought any VPS with them and this was my first purchase. I have explained in screenshots, I have Provided Email screen shot for Timestamp. And I have made Tickets Screenshots as well.

They claim they cancel unpaid voice after 1 hr which they were wrong about and deleted my invoice after I asked them to look into it.

I did not found this professional way of interacting with customers. They said I dont qualify for offer? What was necessary qualification?

Email Screenshots

Tickets Response

I also gave them Lowendtalk link while creating for referral that I read that offer from here and I have created invoice even before edit time, so they can verify timeline.

I was waiting for ticket response but I didn't get any soon.

I made post on first page after seeing everyone started appealing for Invoice they paid. I was sure I made that Invoice before time, as it was incorrect and did not provided promised configuration, I created ticket for that.

• @Merlincool said:

@chocolateshirt said:

@Merlincool said:
    Same thing happened to me after creating my invoice, I created ticket and asked them the storage is not doubled. They deleted my invoice and said it was mistake. I made that invoice even before changes were made by OP. They did not provide what they promised for.

Why would I lie at first place. Here are Proofs. They accused me of been Abuser? I haven't bought any VPS with them and this was my first purchase. I have explained in screenshots, I have Provided Email screen shot for Timestamp. And I have made Tickets Screenshots as well.

They claim they cancel unpaid voice after 1 hr which they were wrong about and deleted my invoice after I asked them to look into it.

I did not found this professional way of interacting with customers. They said I dont qualify for offer? What was necessary qualification?

Email Screenshots

Tickets Response

I also gave them Lowendtalk link while creating for referral that I read that offer from here and I have created invoice even before edit time, so they can verify timeline.

I made post on first page after seeing everyone started appealing for Invoice they paid. I was sure I made that Invoice before time, as it was incorrect and did not provided promised configuration, I created ticket for that.

Did you pay the invoice or not?
    If yes then could you post the paypal/other payment receipt for that invoice?

They also sent you an email for payment receipt too. Did it say the payment made before HostHatch made some revision?

• @Merlincool said:

@chocolateshirt said:

@Merlincool said:

Email Screenshots

Tickets Response

I see proof that you tried to abuse a very small window of opportunity where there was an error and take advantage of that in bad faith.

I also see proof that your invoice was indeed canceled after 1 hour of it not being paid.

Accept you have not succeeded in your attempts, and move along.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • @dahartigan said:

I see proof that you tried to abuse a very small window of opportunity where there was an error and take advantage of that in bad faith.

Okay that is again accusing. Didn't you guys had offer for 110-120 dollars per year vps for 10 TB last year? Was that also so called "abuse a very small window of opportunity where there was an error and take advantage of that in bad faith."

I know hosthatch has provided some good deals earlier on and this one was too on similar lines. So I trusted this genuine offer and I messaged staff to see my order is not reflecting changes even though it's mentioned on post that I will get double the bandwidth and double the space. It was no where mentioned that we need to create post order ticket to double goodies. See this First post again https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/173696/nvme-vms-in-hkg-sgp-storage-in-los-angeles-available-for-3-days/p1

Which made me create ticket asking that this is not as it is mentioned in the thread.

@dahartigan said:

I also see proof that your invoice was indeed canceled after 1 hour of it not being paid.

Sorry please check email timestamps, for that matter I provided email proofs too as hosthatch time system does not show time in hours, it's in days as it's older matter. It wasn't cancelled in 1 hour, it was some 6 hrs. I created ticket at 4th September 3:33 PM and my Vps was cancelled at 9:40 PM on same day. After my invoice was cancelled I then replied again, that my invoice is cancelled. See email timestamps and first line of ticket response on email as well. Creating Open email screenshots would have made lots of screenshots. Relate email timestamps and ticket response from hosthatch other two screenshots.

@dahartigan said:

Get over it @dahartigan , you haven't succeeded in understanding that invoice wasn't terminated in 1 hr of not paying. It took 6 hrs, which I have provided screenshots for.

As it was no where mentioned that post payment tickets where to be created for doubling resources, so I asked in ticket, things aren't as promised. I am not in any attempt to defame hosthatch, just I came across this thread so I shared my view, that they don't provide what the promise for.

@chocolateshirt said:

They also sent you an email for payment receipt too. Did it say the payment made before HostHatch made some revision?

No I didn't say I paid at first place. I said as soon as I read offer that it was doubling resources for storage vps, I went for purchase but as things weren't reflected as promised, I asked in ticket what was wrong I do not see resources getting doubled as in my order. I also shared lowendtalk link that it's mentioned in thread. If it was after post was fixed, my ticket creation timestamp would have made no sense. It would have ended up in failure as staff would have said that post is fixed and I have created invoice after it, which wasn't the case btw. Please check screenshots of email, they have proper timestamps. And you can admin or staff on lowendtalk to verify the timing of post changed here and relate to the one with others above provided.

• This is very low quality drama.

I thought @Merlincool paid the invoice before HostHatch made revision and HostHatch delete his invoice because they have some arguments on ticket.

It seems he is trying to abuse the opportunity. If you want to get the bonus then pay the invoice, dude, you can see @coolgoole got double chicken wings, sausage, and ketchup. HostHatch honored the order before they made revision.

• lol you are right @chocolateshirt I just shared my experience with them. Ticket system is not good as they lied that they cancelled my vps unpaid voice in 1 hr. It's clear from email timestamps they didn't. Yeah about payment part you were right I should have purchased it and then claim my resources, atleast doing that hosthatch thinks it's not an abuse. My bad that I went up for clarification of my order and lost time window. Overall ticket response is pathetic, With the help of admin and staff on lowendtalk they can verify if I was lying about my order but they won't do that if they do then I would be proven right. Anyways lesson learned buy first and then create invoice.

• edited September 2021

@Merlincool said:
    lol you are right @chocolateshirt I just shared my experience with them. Ticket system is not good as they lied that they cancelled my vps unpaid voice in 1 hr. It's clear from email timestamps they didn't. Yeah about payment part you were right I should have purchased it and then claim my resources, atleast doing that hosthatch thinks it's not an abuse. My bad that I went up for clarification of my order and lost time window. Overall ticket response is pathetic, With the help of admin and staff on lowendtalk they can verify if I was lying about my order but they won't do that if they do then I would be proven right. Anyways lesson learned buy first and then create invoice.

If you look at their response, they usually cancel the unpaid invoice after one hour. It would be rude for them if they delete the unpaid invoice when you are referring it on ticket. It is their courtesy to keep the invoice until the ticket finished/closed.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • @Merlincool said:

@dahartigan said:

Okay that is again accusing. Didn't you guys had offer for 110-120 dollars per year vps for 10 TB last year? Was that also so called "abuse a very small window of opportunity where there was an error and take advantage of that in bad faith."

I know hosthatch has provided some good deals earlier on and this one was too on similar lines. So I trusted this genuine offer and I messaged staff to see my order is not reflecting changes even though it's mentioned on post that I will get double the bandwidth and double the space. It was no where mentioned that we need to create post order ticket to double goodies. See this First post again https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/173696/nvme-vms-in-hkg-sgp-storage-in-los-angeles-available-for-3-days/p1

Which made me create ticket asking that this is not as it is mentioned in the thread.

@dahartigan said:

Sorry please check email timestamps, for that matter I provided email proofs too as hosthatch time system does not show time in hours, it's in days as it's older matter. It wasn't cancelled in 1 hour, it was some 6 hrs. I created ticket at 4th September 3:33 PM and my Vps was cancelled at 9:40 PM on same day. After my invoice was cancelled I then replied again, that my invoice is cancelled. See email timestamps and first line of ticket response on email as well. Creating Open email screenshots would have made lots of screenshots. Relate email timestamps and ticket response from hosthatch other two screenshots.

@dahartigan said:

Get over it @dahartigan , you haven't succeeded in understanding that invoice wasn't terminated in 1 hr of not paying. It took 6 hrs, which I have provided screenshots for.

As it was no where mentioned that post payment tickets where to be created for doubling resources, so I asked in ticket, things aren't as promised. I am not in any attempt to defame hosthatch, just I came across this thread so I shared my view, that they don't provide what the promise for.

@chocolateshirt said:

No I didn't say I paid at first place. I said as soon as I read offer that it was doubling resources for storage vps, I went for purchase but as things weren't reflected as promised, I asked in ticket what was wrong I do not see resources getting doubled as in my order. I also shared lowendtalk link that it's mentioned in thread. If it was after post was fixed, my ticket creation timestamp would have made no sense. It would have ended up in failure as staff would have said that post is fixed and I have created invoice after it, which wasn't the case btw. Please check screenshots of email, they have proper timestamps. And you can admin or staff on lowendtalk to verify the timing of post changed here and relate to the one with others above provided.

6 hours is still "after 1 hour"..

You didn't even pay the invoice..

• @chocolateshirt said:

@Merlincool said:
    lol you are right @chocolateshirt I just shared my experience with them. Ticket system is not good as they lied that they cancelled my vps unpaid voice in 1 hr. It's clear from email timestamps they didn't. Yeah about payment part you were right I should have purchased it and then claim my resources, atleast doing that hosthatch thinks it's not an abuse. My bad that I went up for clarification of my order and lost time window. Overall ticket response is pathetic, With the help of admin and staff on lowendtalk they can verify if I was lying about my order but they won't do that if they do then I would be proven right. Anyways lesson learned buy first and then create invoice.

they usually cancel the unpaid invoice after one hour.

It's expected for them to cancel unpaid invoices, so that MJJs from China don't end up scalping all stock and honest customers can get VPSes too.

• MerlincoolMerlincool Member
    edited September 2021

@dahartigan said:

@Merlincool said:

@dahartigan said:

@dahartigan said:

@dahartigan said:

@chocolateshirt said:

6 hours is still "after 1 hour"..

You didn't even pay the invoice..

I was waiting on their response that why isn't it 4 TB disk space, 16 TB bandwidth and 2 GB ram while I am paying for it. I had ordered in short window period, didn't knew that they were going to change the deal. I would surely pay if they would have promised to give me upgraded resources even after making payment. But ticket response was like they want to just drop me for in time order.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Just sharing my opinion on this.

@Merlincool said: I had ordered in short window period

But you didn't pay - that's the key thing here.

@Merlincool said: didn't knew that they were going to change the deal

Well, it was a mistake/typo, not planned, and due to that, in good faith, they decided to honor the plans which was mistakenly advertised to the group of customers who ordered and paid for it while the OP was "live".

@Merlincool said: I would surely pay if they would have promised to give me upgraded resources even after making payment

They would have if you had paid for your invoice(s) when it was generated and/or prior to them amending and fixing the OP.

You can't treat this as some booking system, especially when deals are limited and you keep invoices open to "secure" your position in line for them.

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited September 2021

Next time just pay and then ask why it's broken.

You did not pay, they have no obligations towards you. They can cancel your invoice whenever they like. They can refuse to be your provider whenever they want. All of this changes when 'signed a contract' aka paid, let's say. They said ordered and paid services will see that double double double granted - you did not pay. They made mistake, they tried to fix it, you can't really expect them to 'give it for free' to everyone - they decided on paid services (which kinda make senses, doesn't?).

Yes, calling you 'abuser' here seems totally unnecessary and kinda rude, but I won't defiently call on that due no idea what timezone those screens are - if your ticket was within 0-20 minutes after post then support was fucking rude. If your ticket was created like 3 hours after the post was edited then they are right.

Thanked by 2yoursunny dahartigan
  • @DP said:
    Just sharing my opinion on this.

@Merlincool said: I had ordered in short window period

But you didn't pay - that's the key thing here.

@Merlincool said: didn't knew that they were going to change the deal

Well, it was a mistake/typo, not planned, and due to that, in good faith, they decided to honor the plans which was mistakenly advertised to the group of customers who ordered and paid for it while the OP was "live".

@Merlincool said: I would surely pay if they would have promised to give me upgraded resources even after making payment

They would have if you had paid for your invoice(s) when it was generated and/or prior to them amending and fixing the OP.

You can't treat this as some booking system, especially when deals are limited and you keep invoices open to "secure" your position in line for them.

lesson learned about paying before than opening ticket. thanks.

I was unhappy with their rude way of calling abuser without doing any wrong and telling lie that they remove invoice in 1 hr in my case it wasn't.

• @JabJab said:

Yes, calling you 'abuser' here seems totally unnecessary and kinda rude, but I won't defiently call on that due no idea what timezone those screens are - if your ticket was within 0-20 minutes after post then support was fucking rude. If your ticket was created like 3 hours after the post was edited then they are right.

I am sure it was before the main post was edited. I was worried it might go out of stock, so I quickly asked in ticket. I was ready for payment. Rest all drama you know.

• @Merlincool said:

I was unhappy with their rude way of calling abuser without doing any wrong and telling lie that they remove invoice in 1 hr in my case it wasn't.

In their defense you did call them non-reputable and unwise plus got kind of an attitude when they wouldn't honor an agreement you didn't qualify for. I'm sure part of this is language barrier.

Thanked by 2Falzo dahartigan
  • @skorous said:

@Merlincool said:

In their defense you did call them non-reputable and unwise plus got kind of an attitude when they wouldn't honor an agreement you didn't qualify for. I'm sure part of this is language barrier.

this. also creating a page long retaliation thread on lowendtalk about not getting something that was clearly a mistake/error is also simple abuse, because it shows the intend to extort something you simply have no right to.

errors/typos/whatever can happen in offers of more or less everyone not just providers online. and nearly all laws know regulations about it which usually are along the lines that the seller can renounce. and if so then most likely the buyer would have a valid right to get his payment refunded... oh, wait. someone didn't even pay.

on top you call them out for lying while you don't (want to) understand that they never claimed to have deleted your invoice after one hour. they only said what they usually do... and as other said you had the courtesy of it being available to you even longer, until you started being a dick.

all that's left is being butthurt about not being able to extort and abuse an obvious and rather quickly clarified error in an hand typed offer via forum post.

• @Falzo said:

@skorous said:

@Merlincool said:

this. also creating a page long retaliation thread on lowendtalk about not getting something that was clearly a mistake/error is also simple abuse, because it shows the intend to extort something you simply have no right to.

errors/typos/whatever can happen in offers of more or less everyone not just providers online. and nearly all laws know regulations about it which usually are along the lines that the seller can renounce. and if so then most likely the buyer would have a valid right to get his payment refunded... oh, wait. someone didn't even pay.

on top you call them out for lying while you don't (want to) understand that they never claimed to have deleted your invoice after one hour. they only said what they usually do... and as other said you had the courtesy of it being available to you even longer, until you started being a dick.

all that's left is being butthurt about not being able to extort and abuse an obvious and rather quickly clarified error in an hand typed offer via forum post.

Amen

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @Falzo said:

@skorous said:

@Merlincool said:

Fair enough. HH does not have duty to double the storage, but the customers do have the right to get a refund. It seems that HH does not want to reply to my tickets about this situation, so the only way I can do is to talk in public. Do you agree with this statement? @hosthatch

• @Madbird said: but the customers do have the right to get a refund

yeah, that's what I wrote. but OP didn't pay anything at all so obviously there can't be a refund.

no idea about your situation, but I am pretty certain that @hosthatch will work it out in one way or another.

Thanked by 2skorous webcraft
  • @didtav said:
    good point actually,
    for example
    at 1.00 pm provider posting an offer
    1.04 pm customer open the page
    1.05 pm provider edit their offer
    1.08 pm finished reading the offer and begin to order without refreshing the web page

then provider didn't honour the deal because customer order after they changed the deal

Basically my situation is like this, but it is really hard to communicate with HH. Sometimes they respond for a week, and it seems they do not want to respond for this special case.

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

Lol dude get over it and you weren’t lucky enough to get it.

Thanked by 2bdl chocolateshirt
  • @PieHasBeenEaten said:
    Lol dude get over it and you weren’t lucky enough to get it.

I know that, and I just want to get a refund, for their misleading post led me to buy my VMs. For another, they also did not solve the problem that unpaid bill was automatically charged from my VISA.

• @Madbird said: For another, they also did not solve the problem that unpaid bill was automatically charged from my VISA.

What problem? You generated an invoice and the system paid for it with the card on file. That's exactly what you want to happen.

• @skorous said:

@Madbird said: For another, they also did not solve the problem that unpaid bill was automatically charged from my VISA.

What problem? You generated an invoice and the system paid for it with the card on file. That's exactly what you want to happen.

First I submitted a one-year plan and did not pay that, and I thought it would have expired after 1 day. Then I brought 2 years plan and used my VISA to paid that pill. The first pill was paid automatically one day later, which made me surprised.

• @Madbird said: First I submitted a one-year plan and did not pay that, and I thought it would have expired after 1 day. Then I brought 2 years plan and used my VISA to paid that pill. The first pill was paid automatically one day later, which made me surprised.

That's 100% on you. First off, don't generate invoices and then not pay them. Second, if you're going to be an ass and not pay them, don't leave your card on file.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • @skorous said:

@Madbird said: First I submitted a one-year plan and did not pay that, and I thought it would have expired after 1 day. Then I brought 2 years plan and used my VISA to paid that pill. The first pill was paid automatically one day later, which made me surprised.

That's 100% on you. First off, don't generate invoices and then not pay them. Second, if you're going to be an ass and not pay them, don't leave your card on file.

I am not that a boring person to generate invoices without intention to pay them, but I found it did not want I wanted to buy. Second, I did not know that VPS provider can charge it automatically, and it was not my intention to add this card. I just wanted to pay the second bill and the payment was added.

• I would like reviews from long time customers of @hosthatch on the performance & reliability of @hosthatch (1gb ram 1core) vm's as production servers for medium traffic ecomm sites. On a scale of 1-10 (10 being perfect), how would you rate @hosthatch

And how responsive are they in responding to & dealing with tickets regarding technical issues.
    @hosthatch do your singapore vps' come with ddos protection and if yes (free / paid), to what extent and if not, how do you deal with it and what if incase a vps gets hit by ddos frequently?

• galesaurgalesaur Member
    edited September 2021

Send your ticket. Nobody will help you solve your problem here with blah blah. Anyway I support hosthatch.

• @galesaur said:
    Send your ticket. Nobody will help you solve your problem here with blah blah. Anyway I support hosthatch.

If I can solve this by tickets, I won’t post here. Anyway, just a reminder to those who want to use HH.