Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


Question about the services about Hosthatch
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

Question about the services about Hosthatch

MadbirdMadbird Member
edited September 4 in General

I saw their LA special plan for doubled RAM, storage, and bandwidth, so I brought it. I found it did not double RAM storage and bandwidth. I rechecked the website finding that they changed their plan because of their typo.
Another thing automatically charged from my VISA. I did fill completely my address, so it let me complete it, but I did not realize that the plan has changed to the original one year, so I mistakenly ordered a one-year plan and I did not pay that. I thought it will expire after 1 day, and I brought another 2-years plan, but after 6 hours it automatically charged from my VISA.

I opened a ticket for the RAM, storage and bandwidth. They said they can double RAM and Storage. I emphasized when I saw their promotions, they also had storage, but they changed after I brought it. They did not respond to my question, just answered that they can double the storage for double the price.

Thanked by 1JasonM
«1345

Comments

  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited September 4

    I also bought a Hosthatch / @hosthatch promo VPS and I got everything they promised and the VPS works very well and also is quite fast, especially for the ridiculously low price.

    Are you sure that you really fully met the requirements (e.g. buying/paying 2 yrs in advance iirc)?

    The problem with democracy is that by definition > 85% of the voters are not particularly intelligent.

  • @jsg said:
    I also bought a Hosthatch / @hosthatch promo VPS and I got everything they promised and the VPS works very well and also is quite fast, especially for the ridiculously low price.

    Are you sure that you really fully met the requirements (e.g. buying/paying 2 yrs in advance iirc)?

    Yes, maybe I brought it on the point that they changed their plan. Emm, awkward...

  • DPDP Member, The Domain Guy

    @Madbird said: I saw their LA special plan for doubled RAM, storage, and bandwidth, so I brought it. I found it did not double RAM storage and bandwidth.

    So which deal(s) are you referring to, the NVMe or Storage?

    If it's their most recent Storage deal for LAX, then that's only double RAM and B/W if you pay for 2 years upfront.

    If it's their previous NVMe deal, it's double RAM, Storage and B/W, again, only with 2 years upfront payment.

    Whatever it is, all upgrades are done manually via a ticket, as mentioned.

    DP - Tech and Hosting-related Domain Names for sale.
    Create an account on Dynadot via my referral link and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!

  • @DP said:

    @Madbird said: I saw their LA special plan for doubled RAM, storage, and bandwidth, so I brought it. I found it did not double RAM storage and bandwidth.

    So which deal(s) are you referring to, the NVMe or Storage?

    If it's their most recent Storage deal for LAX, then that's only double RAM and B/W if you pay for 2 years upfront.

    If it's their previous NVMe deal, it's double RAM, Storage and B/W, again, only with 2 years upfront payment.

    Whatever it is, all upgrades are done manually via a ticket, as mentioned.

    I did not find I need open a ticket to apply for this promotion in the main post. When I saw the storage plan, it said it would also double the storage, but they changed it.

  • DPDP Member, The Domain Guy

    @Madbird said:

    @DP said:

    @Madbird said: I saw their LA special plan for doubled RAM, storage, and bandwidth, so I brought it. I found it did not double RAM storage and bandwidth.

    So which deal(s) are you referring to, the NVMe or Storage?

    If it's their most recent Storage deal for LAX, then that's only double RAM and B/W if you pay for 2 years upfront.

    If it's their previous NVMe deal, it's double RAM, Storage and B/W, again, only with 2 years upfront payment.

    Whatever it is, all upgrades are done manually via a ticket, as mentioned.

    I did not find I need open a ticket to apply for this promotion in the main post. When I saw the storage plan, it said it would also double the storage, but they changed it.

    But wasn't that already clarified here?

    Thanked by 1webcraft

    DP - Tech and Hosting-related Domain Names for sale.
    Create an account on Dynadot via my referral link and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!

  • @DP said:

    @Madbird said:

    @DP said:

    @Madbird said: I saw their LA special plan for doubled RAM, storage, and bandwidth, so I brought it. I found it did not double RAM storage and bandwidth.

    So which deal(s) are you referring to, the NVMe or Storage?

    If it's their most recent Storage deal for LAX, then that's only double RAM and B/W if you pay for 2 years upfront.

    If it's their previous NVMe deal, it's double RAM, Storage and B/W, again, only with 2 years upfront payment.

    Whatever it is, all upgrades are done manually via a ticket, as mentioned.

    I did not find I need open a ticket to apply for this promotion in the main post. When I saw the storage plan, it said it would also double the storage, but they changed it.

    But wasn't that already clarified here?

    When you buy VMs, are you being asked to read all the comments about it? Normally people just read the providers' main post.

  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

    @DP said:
    Whatever it is, all upgrades are done manually via a ticket, as mentioned.

    FWIW: I didn't need to create a ticket. I simply paid for 2 years in advance and I got the full package (with stuff doubled). I don't remember though, if I got the full package right away or after some hours. Anyway, when I logged in the next day (for the first time) I saw double RAM, (quite massive) additional BW, etc.

    The problem with democracy is that by definition > 85% of the voters are not particularly intelligent.

  • as far as i know, their storage deal just double RAM and B/W. not double the storage.

    So, double storage double money.

    or maybe hosthatch mistyped....
    btw you should replied on hosthatch's thread not made a new thread about this..

    YARE YARE DAZE

  • DPDP Member, The Domain Guy

    @Madbird said:

    @DP said:

    @Madbird said:

    @DP said:

    @Madbird said: I saw their LA special plan for doubled RAM, storage, and bandwidth, so I brought it. I found it did not double RAM storage and bandwidth.

    So which deal(s) are you referring to, the NVMe or Storage?

    If it's their most recent Storage deal for LAX, then that's only double RAM and B/W if you pay for 2 years upfront.

    If it's their previous NVMe deal, it's double RAM, Storage and B/W, again, only with 2 years upfront payment.

    Whatever it is, all upgrades are done manually via a ticket, as mentioned.

    I did not find I need open a ticket to apply for this promotion in the main post. When I saw the storage plan, it said it would also double the storage, but they changed it.

    But wasn't that already clarified here?

    When you buy VMs, are you being asked to read all the comments about it? Normally people just read the providers' main post.

    Well it's a forum, so ideally you should, or else you'll potentially end up being in this very situation.

    It was clarified not long after the post was made, it was still on the first page after a few comments and not like it drowned under hundreds of comments or pages.

    Regardless, what's the issue now?

    If you've ordered when the OP was what it was, despite it being a typo/mistake, saying that you would've received double storage, @hosthatch has already clarified the situation and states that the orders will still be honored.

    Thanked by 1adly

    DP - Tech and Hosting-related Domain Names for sale.
    Create an account on Dynadot via my referral link and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!

  • JabJabJabJab Member
    edited September 4

    Disgusting! Provider made an mistake in post, fixed it and is still honoring the conditions if you open a ticket (or wait long enough). Disgusting, you are not allowed to make mistakes and you are definitely not allowed to fix those!

    Oh wait, on top of that provider charged the money for your 'mistake' order, how could they - didn't every provider established already that first order is always a mistake and then you proceed only with second one? Stupid provider, this is not why I added my credit card to your system!!111

    Are you serious? "PMSing" hard? Bad day? Open ticket (two tickets tbh, one for each problem) with hosthatch, explain everything politely and wait for theirs response.

    btw. Did you even tried to cancel/contact support about your 'mistake' order or you hoped it will just magically go away? Please, never order anything from German providers like netcup.de or contabo, you will get a heart attack :-D

  • @DP said:

    @Madbird said:

    @DP said:

    @Madbird said:

    @DP said:

    @Madbird said: I saw their LA special plan for doubled RAM, storage, and bandwidth, so I brought it. I found it did not double RAM storage and bandwidth.

    So which deal(s) are you referring to, the NVMe or Storage?

    If it's their most recent Storage deal for LAX, then that's only double RAM and B/W if you pay for 2 years upfront.

    If it's their previous NVMe deal, it's double RAM, Storage and B/W, again, only with 2 years upfront payment.

    Whatever it is, all upgrades are done manually via a ticket, as mentioned.

    I did not find I need open a ticket to apply for this promotion in the main post. When I saw the storage plan, it said it would also double the storage, but they changed it.

    But wasn't that already clarified here?

    When you buy VMs, are you being asked to read all the comments about it? Normally people just read the providers' main post.

    Well it's a forum, so ideally you should, or else you'll potentially end up being in this very situation.

    It was clarified not long after the post was made, it was still on the first page after a few comments and not like it drowned under hundreds of comments or pages.

    Regardless, what's the issue now?

    If you've ordered when the OP was what it was, despite it being a typo/mistake, saying that you would've received double storage, @hosthatch has already clarified the situation and states that the orders will still be honored.

    Why your ideal imagination can become the idea for the forum. As for me, I just simply found suitable VMs, and I think my behavior is acceptable for most. Another question, why should I take the mistake they made, and why can they easily change the rules?

  • They should at least let you cancel all the order and fully refund you. They made the mistake and you shouldn't be responsible for it.

    Thanked by 2webcraft ariq01
  • @JabJab said:
    Disgusting! Provider made an mistake in post, fixed it and is still honoring the conditions if you open a ticket (or wait long enough). Disgusting, you are not allowed to make mistakes and you are definitely not allowed to fix those!

    Oh wait, on top of that provider charged the money for your 'mistake' order, how could they - didn't every provider established already that first order is always a mistake and then you proceed only with second one? Stupid provider, this is not why I added my credit card to your system!!111

    Are you serious? "PMSing" hard? Bad day? Open ticket (two tickets tbh, one for each problem) with hosthatch, explain everything politely and wait for theirs response.

    btw. Did you even tried to cancel/contact support about your 'mistake' order or you hoped it will just magically go away? Please, never order anything from German providers like netcup.de or contabo, you will get a heart attack :-D

    Thanks for your support! I have already opened two tickets for that, but their response is always so slow and didn't respond yet. I was angry about my experience so that I posted here.

  • MadbirdMadbird Member
    edited September 4

    @DrSlime said:
    They should at least let you cancel all the order and fully refund you. They made the mistake and you shouldn't be responsible for it.

    Yes, my least demand is that.

  • DPDP Member, The Domain Guy

    From my point of view, it's clear that they've made a mistake, they've admitted it and still chose to honor what was initially advertised, so that's fair enough.

    If they're not giving it to you then no one here but @hosthatch can clarify on that, and they'll do just that, just be patient.

    DP - Tech and Hosting-related Domain Names for sale.
    Create an account on Dynadot via my referral link and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!

  • @DP said:

    New tag image

  • @Madbird said:
    Thanks for your support! I have already opened two tickets for that, but their response is always so slow and didn't respond yet. I was angry about my experience so that I posted here.

    Slow? Didn't you said you have few replies already? It's Saturday/Sunday, your problem is not "MY SERVER IS ON FIRE, HELP". Did you really expect this to get fixed within 10 minutes on weekend, when billing department is (most likely) not working at all and provider is getting shit ton of messages from people about promo? I know it's 2021 and "live fast", but come on :-)

  • @JabJab said:

    @Madbird said:
    Thanks for your support! I have already opened two tickets for that, but their response is always so slow and didn't respond yet. I was angry about my experience so that I posted here.

    Slow? Didn't you said you have few replies already? It's Saturday/Sunday, your problem is not "MY SERVER IS ON FIRE, HELP". Did you really expect this to get fixed within 10 minutes on weekend, when billing department is (most likely) not working at all and provider is getting shit ton of messages from people about promo? I know it's 2021 and "live fast", but come on :-)

    Emm, I am not saying that. They immediately changed their promotion, but their first reply was 6 hours after I post a ticket, and they did not answer my question but just said we can double the storage for double the price. My continuing question hasn't responded yet, so I am mad.

  • DPDP Member, The Domain Guy

    If you have screenshots of them saying that, present it.

    DP - Tech and Hosting-related Domain Names for sale.
    Create an account on Dynadot via my referral link and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!

  • edited September 4

    @Madbird said:
    My continuing question hasn't responded yet, so I am mad.

    Sounds on brand for someone with the nickname MadBird :-)

  • MadbirdMadbird Member
    edited September 4

    @DP said:
    If you have screenshots of them saying that, present it.

    https://ibb.co/YXLCxbw

  • Well, this thread is interesting. Seems like you are trying to pin hosthatch to the wall over this instead of working with them.

    Creating a thread like this is a sure fire way to destroy any chance of a goodwill gesture from a business..

    Thanked by 3DP adly jsg

    See in my aff garden for VPS and hosting from different providers all in one place.

  • @dahartigan said:
    Well, this thread is interesting. Seems like you are trying to pin hosthatch to the wall over this instead of working with them.

    Creating a thread like this is a sure fire way to destroy any chance of a goodwill gesture from a business..

    Well, I am just simply asking a question, and if this kind of simple way hurt them, I apologize, but should they also consider what I experience after I bought their VMs?

  • DPDP Member, The Domain Guy

    @dahartigan said:
    Well, this thread is interesting. Seems like you are trying to pin hosthatch to the wall over this instead of working with them.

    Creating a thread like this is a sure fire way to destroy any chance of a goodwill gesture from a business..

    On top of that, I’m pretty sure this is an alt account 😁

    DP - Tech and Hosting-related Domain Names for sale.
    Create an account on Dynadot via my referral link and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!

  • @DP said:

    @dahartigan said:
    Well, this thread is interesting. Seems like you are trying to pin hosthatch to the wall over this instead of working with them.

    Creating a thread like this is a sure fire way to destroy any chance of a goodwill gesture from a business..

    On top of that, I’m pretty sure this is an alt account 😁

    Another provider?

    See in my aff garden for VPS and hosting from different providers all in one place.

  • MadbirdMadbird Member
    edited September 4

    @DP said:

    @dahartigan said:
    Well, this thread is interesting. Seems like you are trying to pin hosthatch to the wall over this instead of working with them.

    Creating a thread like this is a sure fire way to destroy any chance of a goodwill gesture from a business..

    On top of that, I’m pretty sure this is an alt account 😁

    You can judge whatever you want, and I just want to solve my question, and fXXking the role play games makes the Internet full of suspects.

  • adlyadly Member

    @Madbird said: suspects

    *detectives.

    Thanked by 2yoursunny dahartigan
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited September 4

    Yes, it seems reasonable to not heat this up but rather wait until past the weekend. I see no reason at all to consider hosthatch as shady. Let them have their weekend and let them resolve it when everyone is back at work.

    The problem with democracy is that by definition > 85% of the voters are not particularly intelligent.

  • @jsg said:
    Yes, it seems reasonable to not heat this up but rather wait until past the weekend. I see no reason at all to consider hosthatch as shady. Let them have their weekend.

    That's fine. I will wait for a while in case I do not have urgent demands.

  • I'm fine with hosthatch. Open a ticket but be patient.

    Thanked by 1dahartigan
Sign In or Register to comment.