Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many average WP sites can 1 core 2GB RAM VPS handle?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How many average WP sites can 1 core 2GB RAM VPS handle?

I mean 'average WordPress sites', like with 3 addons maximum, average of 10 pages.
I can never get an average figured out, and I don't want to put them all on a dedi, I want them separate from each other. It's mostly for clients, and some for me.

Comments

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited September 2021

That's like asking a hooker, how many blow job's she can handle.
    Figures are missing here.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

Sorry about that. I can calculate a hooker's average blow job's given a couple of parameters but can't answer my question. What other parameters are missing?

• size of cock, quantity of cum per cock, etc, there's a lot of variables at play here.

edited September 2021

@Arkas said:
    Sorry about that. I can calculate a hooker's average blow job's given a couple of parameters but can't answer my question. What other parameters are missing?

The same problem, which your question has.

You say 1 Core, but I assume since its a VPS, its shared.
    Means, you can't use it 100% all the time, maybe 10-30% max.
    You also didn't specific which benchmark the core has.

Neither did you specify how much visits you are awaiting with a "average sized" wordpress site.

Neither did you mention what plugins or optimizations did you do.

Neither did you mention how bloated that word press is you are calling "average".

My suggestion would be 42

Thanked by 1chocolateshirt
  • That escalated quickly

• lentrolentro Member, Host Rep

How many visitors, what is the current usage, is it pretty much static or a lot of database interaction with logins, etc?

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@SirFoxy said: size of cock, quantity of cum per cock, etc, there's a lot of variables at play here.

Also at play here would be If she swallows or not, as that would affect clean up time until next john.

Thanked by 2dahartigan msallak1
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

@Neoon said: My suggestion would be 42

Thanks for your answer!

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@Neoon said: You say 1 Core, but I assume since its a VPS, its shared.

Correct assumption

@Neoon said: Neither did you specify how much visits you are awaiting with a "average sized" wordpress site.

an average of 200 uniques per 24 averaged across the WP sites

@Neoon said: Neither did you mention what plugins or optimizations did you do.

That has to be an assumed average as they are too different plugins to make a real average, so an educated average can be stated when the final reply is given as a parameter.

@Neoon said: Neither did you mention how bloated that word press is you are calling "average".

same as above

edited September 2021

@Arkas said:

@Neoon said: You say 1 Core, but I assume since its a VPS, its shared.

Correct assumption

@Neoon said: Neither did you specify how much visits you are awaiting with a "average sized" wordpress site.

an average of 200 uniques per 24 averaged across the WP sites

Should be fine then if only 200 per day.

That has to be an assumed average

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@lentro said: How many visitors, what is the current usage, is it pretty much static or a lot of database interaction with logins, etc?

mostly static, low database hits.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

• lentrolentro Member, Host Rep

That should be enough then :)

Keep an eye on usage and upgrade if needed. Use a premium provider like NexusBytes, not Contabo, for better performance.

Thanked by 1Arkas
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

@lentro said: That should be enough then :)

Keep an eye on usage and upgrade if needed. Use a premium provider like NexusBytes, not Contabo, for better performance

Thanks for your reply!

• @SirFoxy said:
    size of cock, quantity of cum per cock, etc, there's a lot of variables at play here.

LMAO.

• @Arkas said:
    I mean 'average WordPress sites', like with 3 addons maximum, average of 10 pages.
    I can never get an average figured out, and I don't want to put them all on a dedi, I want them separate from each other. It's mostly for clients, and some for me.

How many mjj do you anticipate pissing off with your sites? That factors anti-mjj protection into the equation. 2GB per mjj. There should be heavy mjj casualties if you prepare.

In the words of Biggie "ain't no slugs gon be wasted"

• ArkasArkas Moderator

I'll hopefully avoid pissing off mjj's

• @lentro said:
    That should be enough then :)

Keep an eye on usage and upgrade if needed. Use a premium provider like NexusBytes, not Contabo, for better performance.

i bet someone will strongly disagree on the contabo part.

hysterical-laughter.gif

Thanked by 1lentro
  • for such a low usage why not shared hosting ?

• @Neoon said:
    That's like asking a hooker, how many blow job's she can handle.
    Figures are missing here.

last time i asked, he could do max 20 blowjobs a day.

• @Arkas said:

TLDR; Use trial and error and upgrade if resource utilization becomes a problem.

1 Website alone could use these many resources. Or several could use that amount without issue.
    However you didn't give enough information to get a useful answer.

For a website that does not get much traffic for example a couple of hits an hour, that should be fine for one once you don't have memory hogging plugins. If you have more than one website on such little resources then you can slow down or even crash it pretty easily. It depends.

Thanked by 1Arkas
  • @webclouddev said:
    for such a low usage why not shared hosting ?

This. I'd go with a reseller account and upgrade if really needed. Right now I have multiple reseller accounts...a few VPS's but the VPS's are for resource intensive sites or for Windows.

Thanked by 1Arkas
  • 1 Core VPS has to share this 1 Core with OS, Web Server, DB, DNS, Control Panel (cpanel or DA) and WordPress CMS itself.

Majority of it would be utilized first by OS, Control Panel.
    What ever left will be utilized by WP.

So quite tiny chunk of it will be available for adding plugins/themes etc.

IF we assume 1000 unique visitors to 1 WP site a day, without caching plugin, and having 100 pages, then 15-25% CPU utilization is expected depending upon how bad the theme/plugin is coded. IF its good premium ones, then CPU utilization can be less than 15%.

2GB RAM is enough to host such 100 WP sites. But CPU will always hit 100% in such case.
    You at least need 1CPU reserved for WP site and 1CPU of the server.

Thanked by 1Arkas
  • This person old enough in this community, but the quality of questions is kinda... Hmmm...

In theory you could put hundreds WP installation on 1 core & 2 GB RAM

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

I once had a much larger (in every respect, incl. requests) WP site on such a server at an average to slightly poor provider. My guesstimate is that you'd be able to host 3 - 5 of your WP sites on a 1 vCore, 2 GB memory VPS provided it's at least about average and you know how to deal with all the involved factors. But do not even dream of those sites working halfway acceptably if someone hit you and your requests would go up very considerably.

Thanked by 1Arkas
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

Thanks for the replies!

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@chocolateshirt said: This person old enough in this community, but the quality of questions is kinda... Hmmm...

Eat some more chocolate to grow up faster :blush:

Thanked by 1chocolateshirt