Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is longvan.net any good?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is longvan.net any good?

They offer the cheapest rates for cloud storage I've found in Vietnam.

https://longvan.net/cloud-storage.html
https://longvan.net/cloud-server.html

I cannot find much of any information about them outside of their website. I emailed them asking for something like social media or a staff directory or anything like that, but no response yet. And I'm trying to get an answer on Zalo.

So... Should I do business with them?

Comments

• If you are in Vietnam, that's a good option.
    Had one server in 2016 and currently using one.
    High network performance, high speed, support is great. The managerment panel is little outdated but it works.
    And Zalo is something like whatapps, where you can have direct live chat with them.
    Worth the price.

• Is it a problem if you are in California?

Eventually my fam will upgrade to Verizon home internet or Starlink and then traffic to and from the server won't be a big issue.

In the mean time I'm specifically looking for a service like longvan.net that offers cheap local storage. That way the server can be more independent and limit most traffic between my house and it to ssh.

On Zalo they said they'll answer my question and I asked them if they limit foreign bandwidth.

• You're at the mercy of all the carriers in between you and longvan not their foreign bandwidth

Is the money your saving really worth the extra latency and unknown bandwidth performance?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I'd check with a local Mercedes dealership first

• Unfortunate I'd probably need an address in Vietnam or something of that nature for this to work.