Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pulsed Media Seedbox Auctions Are Back! 1TB and 6TB 1Gbps RAID0 Options Available NOW! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Pulsed Media Seedbox Auctions Are Back! 1TB and 6TB 1Gbps RAID0 Options Available NOW!

Comments

• @burkinjo said:
    @PulsedMedia Please resolve ticket 736849.

Thank you, We've doubled your waiting time.

Thanked by 3fragpic Arkas dystopia
  • @chocolateshirt said:

@burkinjo said:
    @PulsedMedia Please resolve ticket 736849.

Thank you, We've doubled your waiting time.

No you didnt, yet :)

• Can confirm instant deploy is working currently at least for me in case anyone is wondering.

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • @PulsedMedia said: As stated later on this reply, automation backend server got (Again) drives full, human error that happened. Every action got queued, but not executed.

I would like to meet all the people who believe this. I have a few bridges I've been meaning to unload.

You must have Amazon levels of order flow for drives to be filling up.

• I'm just going to drop in a mini review / experience as someone who has been with this company for a while. I got my first service (from a reddit post) almost 3 years ago now.

While the service isn't 100% perfect and it's hard to find one that is, what they provide does fulfill everything that I really needed out of a seedbox. My main priorities were decent performance, enough disk space I wouldn't have to worry about what linux iso I kept on the box when I had the urge to download more.

While I can't speak to uptime on the box, since I don't monitor it closely enough to give a true review on that. Any issues that I have experienced normally got mentioned on the announcements page. One time a drive failure lead to them migrating accounts to a new server, that naturally took a few days as 1gbps can only transfer all the users accounts so fast.

Is it the best seedbox i've ever used, no. With that said they are the only seedbox provider that I currently have a service with. The value is unmatched for raw storage space and you would be looking at multiple times the cost at a provider with all the fancy all be it heavier server side software.

• No connection to rTorrent. Check if it is really running. Check $scgi_port and $scgi_host settings in config.php and scgi_port in rTorrent configuration file.

I just got this problem...

• At least Deluge is working...

• @PcJamesy said:
    I'm just going to drop in a mini review /

How does not having unique IPv4 work? Many trackers block you for sharing IP with other users or if someone turned out to be a bad Apple in the basket they usually just flush the basket down the drain.

I don’t care about seeding speeds anymore as long as it keeps getting seen by tracker as registered and seeding. But how much download speed you get when you download to your home computer? This is shared speed - how good/bad that is?

How do you download? HTTPS? FTP? Or there’s something like Syncthing or Resellio now?

Have top pvt trackers been fine with PulseMedia generally?

Do they have 1-2TB plans as well?

I’ve always has seedbox on vps with a unique id. Things been fine, never got into trouble. So not sure should I make the move. Not having to worry about managing it and keeping things updated and unbroken seems interesting. Not that I do weekly maintenance on my vps seedbox.

But then these readymade seedboxes always seemed very costly compared to managerd personal vps seedboxes. I see your annual cost is 111 euros. That’s pretty much 3 yrs cost of my target vps for seedbox with 1tb storage :)

• @Devil said: Do they have 1-2TB plans as well?

Any thing "private" I'm a member on I haven't had any issues yet. But im also not on anything to super strict with rules. Any ratio building I do tends to be longer term seeding. But they have a ~4 Euro plan on the auctions. I have over 4TB of space on the box so the price is reasonable for the space. I've averaged around 50TB of bandwidth from the seedbox without issue. Since it's was an actual plan it has more then the auctions. (singles day offer a few years back?)

To answer your downloading question. You can use any you mentioned, I would recommend using feral's guide on setting up resilio sync if that is what you wanted. Worked for me.

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • @Devil said:

@PcJamesy said:
    I'm just going to drop in a mini review /

How does not having unique IPv4 work? Many trackers block you for sharing IP with other users or if someone turned out to be a bad Apple in the basket they usually just flush the basket down the drain.

no idea, but it's working fine for me (ordering one yesterday)

I don’t care about seeding speeds anymore as long as it keeps getting seen by tracker as registered and seeding. But how much download speed you get when you download to your home computer? This is shared speed - how good/bad that is?

This depends on a lot of factors. Pay 3.86 euros and find out?

How do you download? HTTPS? FTP? Or there’s something like Syncthing or Resellio now?

Yes, yes, yes. This information is all available on their site.

Have top pvt trackers been fine with PulseMedia generally?

Too broad a question.

Do they have 1-2TB plans as well?

.... first page of this thread. 1TB for 3.86 EUR

I’ve always has seedbox on vps with a unique id. Things been fine, never got into trouble. So not sure should I make the move. Not having to worry about managing it and keeping things updated and unbroken seems interesting. Not that I do weekly maintenance on my vps seedbox.

Talk to your trackers?

But then these readymade seedboxes always seemed very costly compared to managerd personal vps seedboxes. I see your annual cost is 111 euros. That’s pretty much 3 yrs cost of my target vps for seedbox with 1tb storage :)

1TB @ 3.86 EUR / Mo = 46.32 EUR a year. There aren't many VPS around with 1TB storage for 4.5 USD a month.

6TB @ 9.1 EUR / mo = $138 USD a year. Find me any server — VPS, dedicated, managed, it doesn't matter — where you can get 6TB of storage for $10.75. TL;DR: you won't. That's better than virtually every cloud storage provider.

I dunno, maybe I'm missing something, but yah, this is an excellent deal, and the performance i've seen in the last ~24hours is super impressive for the money.

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • @nonissue Price is hugh matter here. There is big DC but no one match the price. And they allow public tracker only handpick of seedbox service provider do,

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • Super mini review, been with PM for around 6 months now. Performance is fine, uptime has been OK, network is good. I've had a LOT of issues with the rutorrent webui, to the point where the box basically isn't functional. Support hasn't done anything to resolve the issue either. I've ended up just mounting it to one of my dedis to use as block storage. When it worked, it was fantastic value. Overall 7/10, the box has been great and the rutorrent issues only started happening recently.

• @nonissue said: There aren't many VPS around with 1TB storage for 4.5 USD a month.

I think around Black Friday.

Just read seedbox reviews on those tracker forums. General advise around there has been to stay away. I'll follow that advice.

Thank you for your response.

I will just stick to my stoage VPS then.

• dragonfskydragonfsky Member
    edited September 2021

Keep 502 errors for two days. user-dragonfs :'( Please help me delete all data and reset

• How do I install Jellyfin or Emby?

• @razorblade said:
    How do I install Jellyfin or Emby?

You do not.

• sonarr, pyload, flexget, rclone, resilio, syncthing, btsync (1.4 and 2.2), ffmpeg, fuse (unionfs, sshfs, s3fs etc.) etc.
    Jellyfin and Emby can be installed within your userspace

Where is the documentation on how to install some of these applications, namely (jellyfin and payload).

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

Jellyfin: https://pulsedmedia.com/clients/announcements.php?id=523
    Emby: https://pulsedmedia.com/clients/announcements.php?id=485

@sezo said: payload

Payload? you mean pyLoad? Follow their guide to config + launch, installed already.

@K4Y5 said: You do not.

Emby + Jellyfin is quite easy if you have linux experience but no one click installers at this time.

@dragonfsky said:
    Keep 502 errors for two days. user-dragonfs :'( Please help me delete all data and reset

You should use ticket system. I recall your ticket specifically as it was odd one out, and you know why it was rather special from my reply :)

Thanked by 1dragonfsky

Just added couple servers to the V1000 pool, trying to get limited number of new users at once per server

• dragonfskydragonfsky Member
    edited September 2021

Thank you very much,i will be careful not to delete configuration files casually <3 I have been using my box for half a year and it's great value for money.

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia

@dragonfsky said:
    Thank you very much,i will be careful not to delete configuration files casually <3 I have been using my box for half a year and it's great value for money.

Thank You :) Let's hope you keep yours for the next 10 years too like so many others have opted to :)

Thanked by 1ps20090
  • @razorblade said:

Dont bother.. after couple days you will see non executables files and missing lib so you wont start it without reinstall everything.

• Just ordered 30 hours ago. Ftp and ssh are active but can't say same thing about my web access url. I guess you need to activate it first.

@emperor said:

@razorblade said:

Dont bother.. after couple days you will see non executables files and missing lib so you wont start it without reinstall everything.

Not true for a long time, this was fixed: https://wiki.pulsedmedia.com/index.php/PM_Software_Stack#23.2F11.2F2020

If you are still getting this, open a ticket and we'll make sure software is updated on your server. We do rolling updates so some servers could be running on quite old software.

Rclone webui got integrated on the GUI today :) Already rolling out to a bunch of servers

at same time rclone, syncthing, filebot versions got updated

Thanked by 1ps20090
  • I've been using a box for half a month and so far it's been great for the price. Setup was instant and speeds are good.

Only complaint I have so far is I had an issue where my bandwidth capped out randomly without using near the 4tb monthly limit. Opened a ticket and they confirmed it was a bug and reset my bandwidth.

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia

@Zibbp said: Opened a ticket and they confirmed it was a bug and reset my bandwidth.

Yea this one has been annoying to debug, turns out it's a kernel issue with iptables. We added a plethora of debug, some extra caution and not expecting a fix but the tickets stopped about this curiously enough.

Essentially we use iptables for the counters like one would, but iptables could not always reset the counters, it happens for several hours at a time to a day where essentially your 5min usage average keeps ramping up; as the counter could not be reset for whatever reasons.

That's why everyone had essentially unmetered regardless of package for couple of months until we had time to dig into this.

Hopefully the new data has enough info so we can submit an upstream bug report and/or bypass the issue.

We are closely monitoring it and will promptly reset anyone's usage if we suspect it is due to this bug. It's completely random on occurence, and not all servers nor users encounter this.

M1000 2TB option back in auctions now as well! :)

We have quite a lot free on that series so you may snatch a really sweet deal !
    4TB RAID5, 20TB Transfer right now at 5.93€ per month

• How the fuck do these ‘auctions’ work? Prices just go up randomly?

• @Nekki said: How the fuck do these ‘auctions’ work? Prices just go up randomly?

Like it decreases price slowly and when someone buy one, the price goes up. So like if no one buys for long time it will go down, but there is like baseline set, and other variables like how much drop in price per time not ordered (noone bought that auction seedbox), Pulsed keep changes the variables.

Thanked by 2Nekki PulsedMedia