Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostVDS down again
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostVDS down again

As mentioned in discussion title - HostVDS as of now is down for 10 hours and counting.

Thanked by 1dg415

Comments

• CloudieCloudie Member, Host Rep

Writing has been on the wall with them for a while now; after all.. been over a year since they were about to launch their other POPs etc..

just wait for one of these ones to come in, much more reliable..

https://secure.serverum.com/cart/vps-russia/?id=1

since they are on @Veesp 's network :-)

• ksx4systemksx4system Member
    edited August 2021

I'm not saying they're dead, there were downtimes over 8 hours previously. DDoS or painfully slow maintenance I guess?

• CloudieCloudie Member, Host Rep

(nice edit ;) i saw that..)

Not saying they are dead either.. but.. if you are after more reliability ^^ ;-)

• @Cloudie said:
    (nice edit ;) i saw that..)

hardcore Chrome cache fooled me :(

@Cloudie said:
    Not saying they are dead either.. but.. if you are after more reliability ^^ ;-)

At this point I'm pretty sure that moving my stuff to old Raspberry Pi living at home on residential (gigabit but obviously consumer grade) connection would provide me more reliability XD

• They have really good price of $0.79 for their 1GB VDS, but of course the reliability is.. 🙂

• archlickerarchlicker Member
    edited August 2021

The downtimes seem to be getting longer, although it "seems" they are less frequent .. maybe I'm wrong. Anyway, for what they are I kind of expect it, my site isn't that important (obviously). Hope it comes back tho.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Time to get GcoreLabs.

• @archlicker said:
    Hope it comes back tho.

same lol, could've had fresher backup lol

• Had a server with them, but they are not valuing the client time at all. When one of my servers is down, they don't even have the ETA or care to fix it. It is almost 24 hours + they took to fix it.

I never looked back as soon they say they don't know what is the issue and they don't know what is the ETA.

• They're down for 25 hours now. Straight to dead pool I guess.

• archlickerarchlicker Member
    edited August 2021

@ksx4system said:
    They're down for 25 hours now. Straight to dead pool I guess.

I think there was a time they were down for 3 days.. I've emailed em, no response yet.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@archlicker said:

@ksx4system said:

I think there was a time they were down for 3 days.. I've emailed em, no response yet.

Possibly they don’t have weekend support and strictly business hours only. Just wait till Monday

edited August 2021

@archlicker said:

@ksx4system said:

I don't really recall downtime that long :( At least their e-mail is not hosted on their own infrastructure :)

@WebProject said:
    Possibly they don’t have weekend support and strictly business hours only. Just wait till Monday

We'll see.

• They were ridiculously cheap and I was able to spin and PAYG with it. I regret that I don't have a backup, even though it was just Azuracast but still. :(

Oh well, good while it lasted. Served their purposes and had less than $5 in credit. Was always felt like a second class customer in a beta test with them. Previously servers would be dead locked in reinstallation mode and their answer was (after anywhere between 1-48 hours was)"we're working on it, no ETA" and when it was resolved, there was no mention of credit ever...I mean, I'm not asking for much more on just principle.

A love hate relationship. RIP.

edited August 2021

@daxterfellowes said:
    Oh well, good while it lasted.

When it worked it was awesome for its price.

RIP.

Press F to pay respects. #ihadto

@Neoon said:
    Time to get GcoreLabs.

Any other propositions for cheap VPS in Russia (preferably Moscow city)?

• Interesting! I forgot about them I thought they were dead since the first shill post last year.

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/165474/what-is-a-vds-why-only-0-79-mth/p1

• At least the website is loading as of now

• @kevertje said:
    At least the website is loading as of now

VDS are up too

• All back up and working :)

• What is the minimum deposit for hostvds?

• edited August 2021

@codelock said:
    What is the minimum deposit for hostvds?

!$10 minimum, $0.30 fee charged on all methods.

I was incorrect; you can type in an amount like $1 per @LES's comment. $0.30 fee still stands

• LESLES Member

@codelock said: What is the minimum deposit for hostvds?

$1 USD

• @archlicker said:
    All back up and working :)

yup, only around 35hrs of downtime XD

• I'm taking my backups. I probably won't completely move my infrastructure off because the RAM to cost is cheap for me, but still sucks. Maybe use them as cheap K8 nodes for small stuff. That what it's ephemeral.

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

@daxterfellowes said:
    I'm taking my backups. I probably won't completely move my infrastructure off because the RAM to cost is cheap for me, but still sucks. Maybe use them as cheap K8 nodes for small stuff. That what it's ephemeral.

how much do you currently spend on them?

• @bruh21 said:

@daxterfellowes said:
    I'm taking my backups. I probably won't completely move my infrastructure off because the RAM to cost is cheap for me, but still sucks. Maybe use them as cheap K8 nodes for small stuff. That what it's ephemeral.

@bruh21 said:

@daxterfellowes said:

$2.38/month for 1x hostvds-1 and 1x hostvds-2.

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

@daxterfellowes said:

@bruh21 said:

@daxterfellowes said:

@bruh21 said:

@daxterfellowes said:

that price is unbeatable, but i would pay more for something more reliable lol

• @bruh21 said:

@daxterfellowes said:

@bruh21 said:

@daxterfellowes said:

@bruh21 said:

@daxterfellowes said:

that price is unbeatable, but i would pay more for something more reliable lol

That's why it's hard to leave completely. Definitely nothing remotely "mission critical" or close to needing any 9's in the uptime.

I'd probably much rather just dump extra money to Hetzner for reliability. But I digress.

• AbdAbd Member, Patron Provider

network downtime?

• @WebHorizon said:
    network downtime?

Appears so - I have two servers. One I had restarted the day before and couldn't be sure. The other one is certified Idler (c)

07:25:08 up 203 days, 20:21, 1 user, load average: 0.01, 0.03, 0.02

So appears just global infrastructure networking.

Thanked by 1Abd