Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can Hetzner transfer extra IPs between dedicated servers?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Can Hetzner transfer extra IPs between dedicated servers?

TantawiTantawi Member
edited August 2021 in General

Hi,

Quick question before I order another Hetzner server... do you know if I can transfer existing extra IP addresses I have in an existing server to the new one (and is it free of charge?). Obviously the reason is that I do not want to pay the setup fees for those IPs if I have to order them again.

Thanks!

Comments

• better ask their support about it.

if you want to make sure you can transfer IPs between dedis afaik you need to order their failover IPs (which are more costly).

however it has been said, that eventually normal addon subnets can be transferred, if servers are in the same DC and single addon IPs if servers are in the same rack.
    no guarantue though - better ask their support.

Thanked by 1Tantawi
  • I asked them the same question awhile go.
    They said the IP can only be transferred to another server at the same rack.

Thanked by 1Tantawi
  • Thanks both of the answers :) will take it with their support maybe they can give me a server in the same rack as the old one.

• Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

You can order a new server and request it go in the same rack/space as the old one to allow the IPs to be transferred.

• @comXyz said:
    I asked them the same question awhile go.
    They said the IP can only be transferred to another server at the same rack.

Same answer I received earlier from support too.