Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ Special Deals ★ 39$/m Baremetal | Lifetime | Intel Xeon 4c 3.5Ghz | 32GB RAM ★ APAC/EU/NA Hosted - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ Special Deals ★ 39$/m Baremetal | Lifetime | Intel Xeon 4c 3.5Ghz | 32GB RAM ★ APAC/EU/NA Hosted

Comments

• trongtritrongtri Member
    edited September 2021

I want buy 24 months With Rise-1 Dedicated Server and SSD Nvme option.
    Can you give me speed info and model SSD NVMe?

• jon617jon617 Veteran
    edited September 2021

@OVH_APAC said: 27% OFF LIFETIME with a 12-month commitment + No setup fee --> US$ 45.33/month 37% OFF LIFETIME with a 24-month commitment + No setup fee --> US$ 39.55/month

Hello @OVH_APAC . I have a question regarding the Rise-1 promotion:

After completion of the initial 12 or 24 month commitment, does the server renew monthly, and can be cancelled at any time? Or, does another commitment begin after the initial 12 or 24 months?

• OVH_APACOVH_APAC Member, Patron Provider

@jon617 said:

@OVH_APAC said: 27% OFF LIFETIME with a 12-month commitment + No setup fee --> US$ 45.33/month 37% OFF LIFETIME with a 24-month commitment + No setup fee --> US$ 39.55/month

Hello @OVH_APAC . I have a question regarding the Rise-1 promotion:

After completion of the initial 12 or 24 month commitment, does the server renew monthly, and can be cancelled at any time? Or, does another commitment begin after the initial 12 or 24 months?

Hello @jon617 ,
    Let's say you committed for 12 months initially, by default your server will renew for another 12 months with the same level of discount (because this RISE-1 offer is recurring).
    If you choose to go back month to month at the end of your first 12months, you will need to change this in your control panel before the end of your first committed period (However the price of your server should revert to the normal monthly price).
    Hope this clarifies

@trongtri said:
    I want buy 24 months With Rise-1 Dedicated Server and SSD Nvme option.
    Can you give me speed info and model SSD NVMe?

Hello @trongtri,
    All disks are datacenter/enterprise grade but the model may change from a datacenter to another or if some disks are EOL or not.
    In APAC on Rise-1, we use of example 450GB NVMe Intel DC P3520 Series, but we also use Samsung or Western Digital (sometimes with a slightly higher capacity).
    Larger disk 1.92TB often are Samsung PM983.
    Hope this helps

Hello LET community, we are extending our special offers until September 14th!
    Rise-1 dedicated servers stock in APAC are critically low, however we still have some stock in other regions for this server.

• @OVH_APAC said:
    Rise-1 dedicated servers stock in APAC are critically low, however we still have some stock in other regions for this server.

Do you replace faulty hardware at no cost?

• jon617jon617 Veteran
    edited September 2021

@OVH_APAC said: If you choose to go back month to month at the end of your first 12months, you will need to change this in your control panel before the end of your first committed period (However the price of your server should revert to the normal monthly price).

So, commitment auto-renews, and removing the commitment removes the discount when the commitment ends. I won't be signing up under these terms, but thanks for clarifying.

@Galeej said:

@OVH_APAC said:

Hello @Galeej ,
    All of our server hardware is maintained 24/7. Our servers also hold a lifetime guarantee for components.
    In the event of a server component failing, OVHcloud will replace it automatically for the entire duration of your contract. You will not be charged for these replacement operations.
    Trust this clarifies

Thanked by 1Galeej
  • @OVH_APAC said:

@Galeej said:

@OVH_APAC said:

Hello @Galeej ,
    All of our server hardware is maintained 24/7. Our servers also hold a lifetime guarantee for components.
    In the event of a server component failing, OVHcloud will replace it automatically for the entire duration of your contract. You will not be charged for these replacement operations.
    Trust this clarifies

Thanks, I have Rise-1 up and running, all good so far. Hope the support team responds when there is a ticket logged.

• Excuse me, do all servers have IPMI?

• @Galeej said:
    Thanks, I have Rise-1 up and running, all good so far. Hope the support team responds when there is a ticket logged.

which region? which cpu did you get? Any YABS bench? :)

@403_Forbidden said:
    Excuse me, do all servers have IPMI?

Hi @403_Forbidden, our servers do come with IPMI. You might find this link helpful:
    https://docs.ovh.com/asia/en/dedicated/use-ipmi-dedicated-servers/

• GaleejGaleej Member
    edited September 2021

@mrclown said:

@Galeej said:

which region? which cpu did you get? Any YABS bench? :)

This one is in SG.

# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2021-06-05                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Wed Sep  8 08:33:28 UTC 2021

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Processor  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1230 v6 @ 3.50GHz
    CPU cores  : 8 @ 2266.171 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 31.2 GiB
    Swap       : 1024.0 MiB
    Disk       : 1.8 TiB

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 675.00 KB/s    (168) | 11.54 MB/s     (180)
    Write      | 707.00 KB/s    (176) | 12.08 MB/s     (188)
    Total      | 1.38 MB/s      (344) | 23.62 MB/s     (368)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 40.22 MB/s      (78) | 53.18 MB/s      (51)
    Write      | 42.22 MB/s      (82) | 56.82 MB/s      (55)
    Total      | 82.44 MB/s     (160) | 110.00 MB/s    (106)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed
                    |                           |                 |
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 419 Mbits/sec   | 696 Mbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 402 Mbits/sec   | 790 Mbits/sec
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 390 Mbits/sec   | 542 Mbits/sec
    Biznet          | Jakarta, Indonesia (1G)   | busy            | busy
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 419 Mbits/sec   | 671 Mbits/sec
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 393 Mbits/sec   | 422 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 415 Mbits/sec   | 787 Mbits/sec
    Iveloz Telecom  | Sao Paulo, BR (2G)        | busy            | 321 Mbits/sec

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 1065
    Multi Core      | 4089
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/9727341

• @OVH_APAC said:

Will the AUS servers be restocked?
    it seems that the offer went kaput...

@404error said:

@OVH_APAC said:

Hello @404error , our Rise-1 offer has been very popular and we ran out of stock of RISE-1 in both Australia and Singapore datacenter )-: However we still have RISE-1 servers in other locations at the moment.
    If you are looking specifically at hosting in Australia you can have a look at all our servers available at this location: https://www.ovhcloud.com/en-au/bare-metal/prices/?localisation=australia
    Hope this helps

• @OVH_APAC said:

@404error said:

@OVH_APAC said:

Hello @404error , our Rise-1 offer has been very popular and we ran out of stock of RISE-1 in both Australia and Singapore datacenter )-: However we still have RISE-1 servers in other locations at the moment.
    If you are looking specifically at hosting in Australia you can have a look at all our servers available at this location: https://www.ovhcloud.com/en-au/bare-metal/prices/?localisation=australia
    Hope this helps

Nha, I really need one at that price point...
    so I guess there's no hope that will come back in promo? ....

@404error said:

@OVH_APAC said:

@404error said:

@OVH_APAC said:

Hope this helps

There is very little chance for both Australia and Singapore datacenter indeed.
    For info we also have the RISE-APAC server available with SSD disks in Sydney at the moment:
    https://www.ovhcloud.com/en-au/bare-metal/rise/rise-apac/

• @OVH_APAC said:

@404error said:

@OVH_APAC said:

@404error said:

@OVH_APAC said:

Hope this helps

There is very little chance for both Australia and Singapore datacenter indeed.
    For info we also have the RISE-APAC server available with SSD disks in Sydney at the moment:
    https://www.ovhcloud.com/en-au/bare-metal/rise/rise-apac/

Why is that an older CPU, no backup space offered, half the public bandwidth, and YET a much higher price even with a 24months commitment?

...arh... makes no sense.

• What happens if the bandwidth limit exceeds in Singapore location?
    The server will simply offline or there will be bandwidth overuse surcharge?

• @comXyz Bandwidth throttled to 10 mbps.

(At least with the old Rise-1 in APAC). So I don't know if they changed anything with this new Rise offers.

@OVH_APAC : You really should mention this somewhere on your site as this is actually a selling point.

Thanked by 1comXyz

@OhJohn said:
    @comXyz Bandwidth throttled to 10 mbps.

(At least with the old Rise-1 in APAC). So I don't know if they changed anything with this new Rise offers.

@OVH_APAC : You really should mention this somewhere on your site as this is actually a selling point.

Hello @comXyz , indeed for all dedicated servers hosted in Singapore and Australia the outgoing bandwidth will be throttled to 10Mbps once you exceed the monthly quota. (or you can add/upgrade to a paid option to go with unmetered traffic (various speed are offered depending on the server).

@OhJohn, you are right that this is not always clearly stated on our website, we will work on giving further clarity on the banwidth/quota in APAC region.

• Is the paid option to go with unmetered traffic prorated?

Let's say I only need it for last 3 days of this month, can I cancel it at the end of the month?

@comXyz said: Is the paid option to go with unmetered traffic prorated?

Hello @comXyz, if you subscribe to the unmetered option you will pay for one full month upfront, then it will be prorated the 2nd month to align with the date of your server (unless you have cancel your option).
    Hope this clarifies

• It seems too much for 3 days of bandwidth. Can I just purchase few additional TB of bandwidth?

• jordynegen11jordynegen11 Member
    edited September 2021

@LightBlade said:
    anyoine have same issue when ordering ip at germany? or it's just me? @OVH_APAC

IPv4 blocks in Singapore are sold out for months now. I have the same issue and OVH does not have any ETA when there is new stock.

I even had to made a script that checks every minute via the API if there are some new blocks available from customers that let theirs expire. So you have almost 0 chance you can buy one.

@OVH_APAC said:
    Hi @LightBlade, could you help to log a ticket for this issue? Thanks!

@OVH_APAC You should know this so just say it.

• jordynegen11jordynegen11 Member
    edited September 2021

When is your routing with TELIN fixed?

http://sin1-sgcs2.smokeping.ovh.net/smokeping??&target=APAC.AS7713
    http://sin1-sgcs2.smokeping.ovh.net/smokeping?target=APAC.AS17974

Its super bad! Love to see how it goes from Singapore, to Europe and back to Indonesia :D

• @jordynegen11 said:

@LightBlade said:

IPv4 blocks in Singapore are sold out for months now. I have the same issue and OVH does not have any ETA when there is new stock.

I even had to made a script that checks every minute via the API if there are some new blocks available from customers that let theirs expire. So you have almost 0 chance you can buy one.

@OVH_APAC said:

my problem has been solved, I buy IP in Germany, not Singapore

• @LightBlade said:

@jordynegen11 said:

@LightBlade said:

@OVH_APAC said:

my problem has been solved, I buy IP in Germany, not Singapore

Rip my eyes

• @OVH_APAC all deals over on this ?

@DXD said:
    @OVH_APAC all deals over on this ?

Hi @DXD , am afraid the deals are over :/ which products/location were you interested in? we have some new offers for servers on NAM/EU very soon though, keep an eye for it ;)