Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did I start this thread - or was it the Australian Federal Police?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Did I start this thread - or was it the Australian Federal Police?

Comments

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited August 2021

Don't you make fun of them politsters! After all, mind policing still is fraught with many obstacles, so they must go to great lengths to at least come close.

Democracy at work. We, the people, is the sovereign! And it's but reasonable to mind control the sovereign with all his power, isn't it.

And hey, the australian people still are totally free (well, kind of) to speak their mind. And the regime is free to then put them into a jail cell or to beat some true democracy understanding into them. What's to complain about? After all they do not bomb their citizens (yet).

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited August 2021

Since someone spawned COVID, a lot of that shit did happen.

oh wait, thats the Original quote, nevermind.

Thanked by 2jsg chocolateshirt
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

Did I do a push-up — or was it a squat?
    You soon won't be able to tell…

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited August 2021

Who pushed-up who? It does not matter anymore. It's legal and corporations are happy. Incoming more manipulation and more population control. We're just sheep for a group of shepherds.

Australian citizens need to protest. NOW!

Thanked by 1Chuck
  • skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

welp Australia really be a wanna be China

• @jsg said: After all they do not bomb their citizens (yet).

But some Australian troops killed innocent civilians in Afghanistan.
    https://abc.net.au/news/2021-06-09/deadliest-alleged-war-crime-by-special-forces-in-afghanistan/13362000

Thanked by 1jsg
  • @yoursunny said: Did I do a push-up — or was it a squat?

Isn't deadlift a better whole-body exercise than squat?

• @chihcherng said: propaganda bla bla bla ..... bulshit

china vs australia ... economic war
    it's real war in this century
    see ....

@pedagang said:

@chihcherng said: propaganda bla bla bla ..... bulshit

china vs australia ... economic war
    it's real war in this century
    see ....

Oh well, when a small (in terms of population) and not particularly remarkable or strong country starts a fight with a large and strong country, especially one it depends on economically to a significant degree, then that small country will get a lesson. Simple.

• @chihcherng said:

@yoursunny said: Did I do a push-up — or was it a squat?

Isn't deadlift a better whole-body exercise than squat?

not exactly, it is a great lift but if you want 3 main lifts that exercise the majority of your body then look at bench, squat, and deadlift.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @jsg said:
    ... then that small country will get a lesson. Simple.

we don't need lesson
    but
    profitable impact

@pedagang said:

@jsg said:

we don't need lesson
    but
    profitable impact

When a small country ...
    then the big country - and not the small one - decides what the reaction shall be. And "profitable [whatever]" seems rather unlikely. The Australians got a big chunk of "profitable" before they felt it necessary to start a fight against China.

• greatly benefited in coal ....
    https://www.reuters.com/article/coal-trade-idUSKBN2BV1GN

and many other

• pedagangpedagang Member
    edited August 2021

sorry out off topic

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

People need to stop using 1984 as an instruction manual.

• TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited August 2021

@jsg said:

@pedagang said:

@jsg said:

we don't need lesson
    but
    profitable impact

When a small country ...
    then the big country - and not the small one - decides what the reaction shall be. And "profitable [whatever]" seems rather unlikely. The Australians got a big chunk of "profitable" before they felt it necessary to start a fight against China.

China is paying premium for power because they're not taking Australian coal. There's unintended side effects to being a PMS country. Australia will just find new customers that benefit them more in the long run. This typically happens when these trade wars happen. Short term pain for long term diversification and growth.

China are the world's biggest assholes in terms of diplomacy. The next few years it's going to be the world (allies) against China and friends (Axis). China's hostage negotiation policies are going to backfire in the long run.

FFS, there needs to be a revolution in China. Or else for Winnie the Pooh to die and have others come to power.

For me, the actions of China the last few years has resulted in the need for North American supply chains with significant investment. With automation, production can return to North America and China will be fucked with so much unusable labour, it'll wreck their whole economy.

But it's also interesting to say the small country will learn a lesson, given the US just learned a hard and expensive lesson in Afghanistan.

edited August 2021

@TimboJones said:

@jsg said:

@pedagang said:

@jsg said:

we don't need lesson
    but
    profitable impact

When a small country ...

China is paying premium for power because they're not taking Australian coal. There's unintended side effects to being a PMS country.

Well, not every country ticks like a whore and bends over for e.g. a bit cheaper coal.

Australia will just find new customers that benefit them more in the long run. This typically happens when these trade wars happen. Short term pain for long term diversification and growth.

Maybe - or maybe not. Keep in mind that China is (a) one of the countries not really far away from Australia (and distance is a cost factor in transportation), and (b) many countries have declared using coal as a no-no. So one should ask how many countries not only are interested in buying coal but also buying in large quantities and at somewhat higher prices.

China are the world's biggest assholes in terms of diplomacy. Oh, and speaking of

Clearly no. That "honour" goes to the USA and North-Korea I guess.

The next few years it's going to be the world (allies) against China and friends (Axis). China's hostage negotiation policies are going to backfire in the long run.

That's at least what the opponents of "China and Axis" like to believe. Oh, and speaking of "hostage negotiation policies", which country started that ugly game by taking the daughter of the Huawei founder hostage (as requested by their master)? Oh right, I remember, that was Canada. What did they expect? That a big powerful country bows to a small (in terms of population) one and saying "thank you, massa sahib"?

FFS, there needs to be a revolution in China.

I know of many people in "Axis of good" countries like e.g. USA who say the same about their own country.

Or else for Winnie the Pooh to die and have others come to power.

Uhum, because insulting the leader of a nation and wishing him to die shows how rational and competent you approach the matter ...

For me, the actions of China the last few years has resulted in the need for North American supply chains with significant investment. With automation, production can return to North America and China will be fucked with so much unusable labour, it'll wreck their whole economy.

For start, China still will be abler to offer products much cheaper, unless, as you seem to wish, Automation is considerably increased in the USA. But for one China can automate too plus and more importantly, are you interested in the people (as in not being jobless due to high automation) or in the USA beating up China? If the latter, at least don't bet much on it.

FWIW for me the fight between USA and China has already been lost by the USA. They just don't grasp it yet. Anyway, for the moment the USA would be well advised to mainly focus on staying afloat itself.

But it's also interesting to say the small country will learn a lesson, given the US just learned a hard and expensive lesson in Afghanistan.

I'm looking forward with great calmness to the answer to that question in the case of China vs. Australia.

Btw. you might want to find a sound and reasonable answer to the question why the "mightiest nation on earth" with all its military and tech prowess lost in Afghanistan. It seems they were missing some important, even decisive, factors.

Thanked by 1that_guy
  • @jsg said:

@TimboJones said:

@jsg said:

@pedagang said:

@jsg said:

we don't need lesson
    but
    profitable impact

When a small country ...

China is paying premium for power because they're not taking Australian coal. There's unintended side effects to being a PMS country.

Well, not every country ticks like a whore and bends over for e.g. a bit cheaper coal.

I have no idea what you're talking about. China is paying higher price for shittier coal.

The whole issue is because Australia wanted to investigate China for how covid got out and China went full ex-girlfriend. Again, worst diplomacy, ever.

Australia will just find new customers that benefit them more in the long run. This typically happens when these trade wars happen. Short term pain for long term diversification and growth.

Maybe - or maybe not. Keep in mind that China is (a) one of the countries not really far away from Australia (and distance is a cost factor in transportation), and (b) many countries have declared using coal as a no-no. So one should ask how many countries not only are interested in buying coal but also buying in large quantities and at somewhat higher prices.

Other Asian countries are getting better quality coal for less as a result. There was a link posted above saying as much.

China are the world's biggest assholes in terms of diplomacy.

Clearly no. That "honour" goes to the USA and North-Korea I guess.

No. The US gives BILLIONS a year to countries, even asshole ones that don't appreciate it (Pakistan). You need to stop your US hate-on and be realistic. North Korea doesn't even have diplomatic talks with most of the world, so that's a silly counter point.

The next few years it's going to be the world (allies) against China and friends (Axis). China's hostage negotiation policies are going to backfire in the long run.

That's at least what the opponents of "China and Axis" like to believe.

FFS, there needs to be a revolution in China.

I know of many people in "Axis of good" countries like e.g. USA who say the same about their own country.

Or else for Winnie the Pooh to die and have others come to power.

Uhum, because insulting the leader of a nation and wishing him to die shows how rational and competent you approach the matter ...

You mean recognizing when a change in leadership happens? The only way it'll happen. Don't be obtuse, stating someone needs to die for things to change isn't wishing him to die.

For start, China still will be abler to offer products much cheaper, unless, as you seem to wish, Automation is considerably increased in the USA. But for one China can automate too plus and more importantly, are you interested in the people (as in not being jobless due to high automation) or in the USA beating up China? If the latter, at least don't bet much on it.

They can't invest in high automation to displace their billion workers. It would be fucking stupid for them to automate their country into unemployment.

FWIW for me the fight between USA and China has already been lost by the USA. They just don't grasp it yet. Anyway, for the moment the USA would be well advised to mainly focus on staying afloat itself.

I'm looking forward with great calmness to the answer to that question in the case of China vs. Australia.

An economic trade war is the same as a military war? Are you even in the same conversation as me?
    The short answer is that the small country CAN'T give in, because then the big country will keep doing it. This is why Canada is getting support from their allies to get the Two Michael's released and not allow hostage diplomacy to continue.

Btw. you might want to find a sound and reasonable answer to the question why the "mightiest nation on earth" with all its military and tech prowess lost in Afghanistan. It seems they were missing some important, even decisive, factors.

This is old news (80's). Because the US didn't want to be there and neither did the Afghan people. It's not rocket science. Any history teacher could have explained this. It's explained in various movies about the will of the people in their homeland defeating foreign invaders.

The cocksuckers like Black Water and VP Cheney were the winners.

@TimboJones said:
    You need to stop your US hate-on

I have no "US hate-on". In fact, I wish them well and that they manage to get a healthy and well working country again.

They [China] can't invest in high automation to displace their billion workers. It would be fucking stupid for them to automate their country into unemployment.

I see. But for the USA it would be a wise thing to automate their country into unemployment ...

An economic trade war is the same as a military war? Are you even in the same conversation as me?

No, obviously they are not the same. But there are some common factors.

The short answer is that the small country CAN'T give in, because then the big country will keep doing it. This is why Canada is getting support from their allies to get the Two Michael's released and not allow hostage diplomacy to continue.

There are reasons for both sides to feel that they can't give in. But (a) that doesn't change the fact Canada started that game and had to expect some painful response, and (b) good luck waiting for China bowing to Canada.

This is old news (80's). Because the US didn't want to be there and neither did the Afghan people. It's not rocket science. Any history teacher could have explained this. It's explained in various movies about the will of the people in their homeland defeating foreign invaders.

The cocksuckers like Black Water and VP Cheney were the winners.

Thinking so might equate to not learning and staying on a not exactly successful path. If the USA didn't want to be there, why then did they go there - and stay there for 20 years? And if certain corporations and politsters are doing what's quite different from what the people want, does democracy really work there? While you are probably partially right, what you say indicates a very major problem lurking under the nice shiny surface. A problem that might lead to further conundrums and lost wars, be it military or economic ones. A problem also that seems to still grow.

The USA is less powerful today (and also perceived that way) than it was say 20 years ago. And China has become more powerful during the same time span. Now, one may discuss and have different views on why that is so, but one certainly shouldn't simply ignore it and/or continue to stay in a self-perception that doesn't match the changed reality.

There are factors at work that were decisive in the evolution of those countries during the past 20 years and not getting a clear understanding of those factors and of how to change them is not a good approach but one that will lead to the USA continuing to become even less powerful and China becoming even more powerful.

Thanked by 1that_guy
  • @jsg said:

They [China] can't invest in high automation to displace their billion workers. It would be fucking stupid for them to automate their country into unemployment.

I see. But for the USA it would be a wise thing to automate their country into unemployment ...

Yes, with a correlating increase in GDP. This is why there's talk of basic incomes for future generations.

There are reasons for both sides to feel that they can't give in. But (a) that doesn't change the fact Canada started that game and had to expect some painful response, and (b) good luck waiting for China bowing to Canada.

Canada didn't start shit, China did. If China did this to Russian citizens for Russia following Russian laws on Russian soil, you'd be going apeshit. The indifference is unbelievable.

Thinking so might equate to not learning and staying on a not exactly successful path. If the USA didn't want to be there, why then did they go there - and stay there for 20 years?

Huh? You might remember an event known as "9/11" and the harbouring of Al Qaida. People tend to get pissed off about terrorist attacks. Do you need a reminder for something only 20 years old? Now there's no Al Qaida. So they left.

The USA is less powerful today (and also perceived that way) than it was say 20 years ago. And China has become more powerful during the same time span. Now, one may discuss and have different views on why that is so, but one certainly shouldn't simply ignore it and/or continue to stay in a self-perception that doesn't match the changed reality.

In what way? I don't disagree that Trump fucked over trust and cooperation with their allies, between Obama and Biden, that'll come back. China alienates countries and the ones they've been pumping money into to control their natural resources have been waking up to the fact they're losing control of their countries and they're pumping the breaks on Chinese involvement. On the other hand, we see the US flex their muscle against Huawei and their semiconductor industry, or blocking purchasing other high technology.

@TimboJones

I'm afraid that once more I can't but recognize that our views, our styles, and even our definition of what a (at least halfway) sensible and civilized discussion is are so drastically different that I only can offer to agree to disagree. No problem, sooner or later we'll find out who was closer to reality; future will tell.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

And who decides what is classified as "criminal"?? Oh yeah, the same people that can now take over your identity...