Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MXroute review (via Nexusbytes)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

MXroute review (via Nexusbytes)

skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

4,5/5 :star:
It's pretty good, but I'd like to suggest an improvement.
There is a problem that I'd like to point out are:

1. Checking if the domain is working, and all records are set properly every now and then (2 hours).

I've gotten my domain blocked multiple times because I forgot to verify WHOIS details (dumb me). Subsequently, I've stopped receiving emails, for like a good week. In this time I have missed many emails, thankfully I don't really care about those emails. Thus I would love if @jar implemented some kind of monitoring script that would check if the domains are properly configured and working. If not than, maybe send an SMS to the owner or an emergency email address (like @gmail.com).

Otherwise, email is working amazingly, had zero downtime, no problems with receiving email (except the one described above).

Thank you @jar for providing an amazing service, and thank you @seriesn for reselling his service at a cheaper price.

Thanked by 2jar seriesn

Comments

• I have this service and love it but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who isn't tech savvy. Setting up DNS records wasn't that bad but TLS setup and SSL certs I had to google on my own to get working as instructions weren't included in the setup email. For what I pay I don't expect much support. Using checktls.com i still fail on the subdomain but it causes no issues with mail delivery.

Thanked by 1jar
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited August 2021

@redcat said:
    I have this service and love it but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who isn't tech savvy. Setting up DNS records wasn't that bad but TLS setup and SSL certs I had to google on my own to get working as instructions weren't included in the setup email. For what I pay I don't expect much support. Using checktls.com i still fail on the subdomain but it causes no issues with mail delivery.

It's actually at the bottom of the welcome email. That's why I stress that everyone read it because just reading it solves almost every question that anyone has. UX isn't the best so that email was intended to be the bridge for it all. Maybe I hadn't added it yet when you signed up though.

Thanked by 2chocolateshirt Lee
  • LowEndUser usually did not read welcoming email nor manual guide.. lol..

• armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

@chocolateshirt said:
    LowEndUser usually did not read welcoming email nor manual guide.. lol..

We don't need to, we have LowEndDesk.

Thanked by 1chocolateshirt