Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Has anyone used SimpliServers?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Has anyone used SimpliServers?

I saw a couple of their offerings on Server Hunter, and I was surprised that I couldn't find any posts about them on here. Seems like they only have Trustpilot reviews.

Comments

• Chances are it's a scam.

• OVH? They advertise all locations on their map but only 2 provided.

• @jenkki said:
    OVH? They advertise all locations on their map but only 2 provided.

It does look like OVH. They're in the same US locations with pretty much exactly the same specs, but significantly (suspiciously) cheaper.

• @Xrmaddness said: It does look like OVH. They're in the same US locations with pretty much exactly the same specs, but significantly (suspiciously) cheaper.

If you mean 1,99 I guess that OVZ. Who need this shit our days?

• @dahartigan said:
    Chances are it's a scam.

Hey! Actually, it's not a scam. I switched over to SimpliServers a while back and I have nothing but great things to say. The customer support is incredible, especially regarding response time and the servers really own up to what you pay for.

I definitely recommend them.

Thanked by 1Xrmaddness
  • drunkendogdrunkendog Member
    edited September 2021

@Axodus said:

@dahartigan said:
    Chances are it's a scam.

Hey! Actually, it's not a scam. I switched over to SimpliServers a while back and I have nothing but great things to say. The customer support is incredible, especially regarding response time and the servers really own up to what you pay for.

Congratulations on your first comment.

• @drunkendog said:

@Axodus said:

@dahartigan said:
    Chances are it's a scam.

I'm gonna think the best of it and pretend this was not meant in a toxic way.

Thanks, yes it is my first comment since I made this account because I want to let people know my experience with the hosting provider the current topic is about. I provided a viable answer to a question, with my own experience and the OP asked for people that have experience from them.

Since people assumed wrong things, I wanted to let these people know they are not correct.

So take your toxicity back to your mom's basement and have a nice day!

Kind regards.

• @Axodus said:

@drunkendog said:

@Axodus said:

@dahartigan said:
    Chances are it's a scam.

Thanks, yes it is my first comment since I made this account because I want to let people know my experience with the hosting provider the current topic is about. I provided a viable answer to a question, with my own experience and the OP asked for people that have experience from them.

Since people assumed wrong things, I wanted to let these people know they are not correct.

Kind regards.

Hi, sorry if you saw this as toxicity, I was merely warning other people about a suspiciously new account commenting on a relatively unknown host that has a clearly fake Trustpilot. Reviews are generally only useful if you can verify the person making them is doing so in good faith, and it certainly doesn't seem like that fact can be verified here.

• @drunkendog said:

@Axodus said:

@drunkendog said:

@Axodus said:

@dahartigan said:
    Chances are it's a scam.

Kind regards.

Hi, sorry if you saw this as toxicity, I was merely warning other people about a suspiciously new account commenting on a relatively unknown host that has a clearly fake Trustpilot. Reviews are generally only useful if you can verify the person making them is doing so in good faith, and it certainly doesn't seem like that fact can be verified here.

Hi, sorry I misunderstood the question, I'm used to dealing with toxic people.

The TrustPilot reviews are not faked, that I assure you. I can see how this looked suspicious. A friend of mine sent me this post after he found out I just switched over to them and I figured I might as well respond to the conversation.

If you want to verify my existence and hear my personal experience I am open to communicating with you in that regard, or you can just view my LinkedIn profile.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/aahac/

• noxitynoxity Member
    edited September 2021

Good day community,

I'm Matt, the owner of SimpliServers. I know this account is new (practically was made to reply to this post), and I want to reply because now quite a few people sent me this. I didn't make the account on the LET earlier, because my offers aren't really within LET promotion guidelines in terms of pricing and I don't plan to promote myself here just yet, but I said let's reply to this discussion.

@jenkki said:
    OVH? They advertise all locations on their map but only 2 provided.

Yes, you're correct. We are using and plan to expand with OVH as well as plan to rent from MaxiHost, Datapacket and Xneelo in Brazil, Tokyo and South Africa respectively. All other locations will be on OVH's network. Currently, we have 2 main locations (Gravelines & Vint Hill), but we will also soon launch Australia and US West which is why they are listed as pingable and operational on the map section. The meaning behind secondary locations is to mark where the stock may be activated if we do not have main locations available. (Eg Gravelines is unavailable, therefore we may activate the service in Germany. With client confirmation beforehand of course. It's also where we keep offsite backups).

@jenkki said:

@Xrmaddness said: It does look like OVH. They're in the same US locations with pretty much exactly the same specs, but significantly (suspiciously) cheaper.

If you mean 1,99 I guess that OVZ. Who need this shit our days?

We use KVM on all plans. Personally, I also think that KVM is better therefore I opted to use that virtualization technology instead. If you would like, contact us on our website and I will be glad to approve a trial for anyone wanting to test our service for 7 days. I also offer a full 14-day OPM refund if you are not satisfied. No questions asked, but any feedback is always appreciated.

I always strive to provide the best service to everyone and am always ready to take any advice and make the best out of it. I also saw some people being concerned about the price and reviews. Regarding reviews, I currently use TrustPilot for a (good) reason. I usually do not ask clients to leave a review, that's why I also opted for this platform as it's free. I've looked into other alternatives like G2 and ShopperApproved, but definitely as those are paid solutions I'd need more time to look into them and what benefits they offer for me and how transparent they are to clients.

For price; Yes, we are a bit under market-level purpose. This will soon change from 2.50€ per GB to 3.00€ per GB (NA & EU) & 3.75€ per GB (AU) when we will switch from the older RISE3 machines fully to newer ADV2 machines at OVH, while still remaining competitive. It will also come along with nested virtualization, higher bandwidth limits, and double the storage disk space. We have a huge lot planned and I hope I provided welcoming and friendly answers to all queries. You're more than welcomed to reply or quote me on this or contact us from the ticketing system. I'm always ready to answer any questions to anyone :)

Thank you for reading,
    Best Matt

• @Axodus said:

@dahartigan said:
    Chances are it's a scam.

Thank you for joining and taking the time to reply with your experience with them. Very much appreciated!

@SimpliServers said:
    If you would like, contact us on our website and I will be glad to approve a trial for anyone wanting to test our service for 7 days. I also offer a full 14-day OPM refund if you are not satisfied. No questions asked, but any feedback is always appreciated.

I reached out to their support email today and asked about the trial service. Within a few minutes I had a reply from Matt himself with a link to order a trial of their "Mercury" VPS plan in the location I was most interested in, Vint Hill, VA. Much to my delight, after following the link and filling out the usual account info, the VPS was added to my account, setup, and the details were emailed to me.

I have to say, I'm very pleasantly surprised with the level of service so far with them considering how suspect it originally looked. I haven't had any issues so far, and I'm looking forward to trying their service out for my use case. I'll report back if I have any trouble, but in the mean time, here's YABS:

# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2021-06-05                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #

Sun Sep 26 22:54:50 BST 2021

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Processor  : QEMU Virtual CPU version 2.5+
    CPU cores  : 1 @ 3599.996 MHz
    AES-NI     : ❌ Disabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ❌ Disabled
    RAM        : 3.9 GiB
    Swap       : 1024.0 MiB
    Disk       : 23.6 GiB

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 208.10 MB/s  (52.0k) | 349.54 MB/s   (5.4k)
    Write      | 208.65 MB/s  (52.1k) | 351.37 MB/s   (5.4k)
    Total      | 416.76 MB/s (104.1k) | 700.91 MB/s  (10.9k)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
    Read       | 440.46 MB/s    (860) | 452.82 MB/s    (442)
    Write      | 463.86 MB/s    (905) | 482.98 MB/s    (471)
    Total      | 904.33 MB/s   (1.7k) | 935.81 MB/s    (913)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed
                    |                           |                 |
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 449 Mbits/sec   | 901 Mbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 461 Mbits/sec   | 899 Mbits/sec
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 417 Mbits/sec   | 897 Mbits/sec
    Biznet          | Jakarta, Indonesia (1G)   | busy            | busy
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 495 Mbits/sec   | 940 Mbits/sec
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 479 Mbits/sec   | 926 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 393 Mbits/sec   | 915 Mbits/sec
    Iveloz Telecom  | Sao Paulo, BR (2G)        | 445 Mbits/sec   | 861 Mbits/sec

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 799
    Multi Core      | 829
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/10092163

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

@Xrmaddness said:

@Axodus said:

@dahartigan said:
    Chances are it's a scam.

Thank you for joining and taking the time to reply with your experience with them. Very much appreciated!

@SimpliServers said:
    If you would like, contact us on our website and I will be glad to approve a trial for anyone wanting to test our service for 7 days. I also offer a full 14-day OPM refund if you are not satisfied. No questions asked, but any feedback is always appreciated.

I reached out to their support email today and asked about the trial service. Within a few minutes I had a reply from Matt himself with a link to order a trial of their "Mercury" VPS plan in the location I was most interested in, Vint Hill, VA. Much to my delight, after following the link and filling out the usual account info, the VPS was added to my account, setup, and the details were emailed to me.

I have to say, I'm very pleasantly surprised with the level of service so far with them considering how suspect it originally looked. I haven't had any issues so far, and I'm looking forward to trying their service out for my use case. I'll report back if I have any trouble, but in the mean time, here's YABS:

#              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2021-06-05                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #

Sun Sep 26 22:54:50 BST 2021

Basic System Information:
    Processor  : QEMU Virtual CPU version 2.5+
    CPU cores  : 1 @ 3599.996 MHz
    AES-NI     : ❌ Disabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ❌ Disabled
    RAM        : 3.9 GiB
    Swap       : 1024.0 MiB
    Disk       : 23.6 GiB

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
    Read       | 208.10 MB/s  (52.0k) | 349.54 MB/s   (5.4k)
    Write      | 208.65 MB/s  (52.1k) | 351.37 MB/s   (5.4k)
    Total      | 416.76 MB/s (104.1k) | 700.91 MB/s  (10.9k)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
    Read       | 440.46 MB/s    (860) | 452.82 MB/s    (442)
    Write      | 463.86 MB/s    (905) | 482.98 MB/s    (471)
    Total      | 904.33 MB/s   (1.7k) | 935.81 MB/s    (913)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed
                    |                           |                 |
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 449 Mbits/sec   | 901 Mbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 461 Mbits/sec   | 899 Mbits/sec
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 417 Mbits/sec   | 897 Mbits/sec
    Biznet          | Jakarta, Indonesia (1G)   | busy            | busy
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 495 Mbits/sec   | 940 Mbits/sec
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 479 Mbits/sec   | 926 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 393 Mbits/sec   | 915 Mbits/sec
    Iveloz Telecom  | Sao Paulo, BR (2G)        | 445 Mbits/sec   | 861 Mbits/sec

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 799
    Multi Core      | 829
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/10092163

not bad
    ovh has a pretty good network so not a bad idea as long as the provider holds up