Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Email delivery/spam problems for accounts on a VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Email delivery/spam problems for accounts on a VPS

I have a VPS with several different accounts on it. Most are mine, but a few are for some clients that I work with. One client has come to me saying his outgoing emails are getting spam flagged. We ran a mail test on it and the most pressing errors it came back with are shown below.

1) We didn't find a server A Record behind your hostname xx.xxx.xxx.xxx.static.yourdomain.com

2) No rDNS is configured for his domain name (but it is for the main VPS)

3) Relay HELO'd using suspicious hostname Split IP

Since this is a shared server is there any way to fix these? I can assign his account a dedicated IP address but is that all that would be required?

Many thanks for any suggestions.

Comments

• Use MXroute and your delivery issue could be solved..

• @chocolateshirt said:
    Use MXroute and your delivery issue could be solved..

Yeah , I m considering MXroute or Zoho

• Btw are you following an event? 7 new discussion within 2 weeks is not a good sign, you will be considered as spam..

Thanked by 1Proxecure
  • @Proxecure said: Many thanks for any suggestions

The suggestion is to fix the errors which were listed. Either assign an IP so the client can configure their mail server properly themselves (it becomes their problem); force them to use one managed by you (i.e. relay to your server); or tell them you don't support sending mail from the VPS at all and make them use an external service.

@Proxecure said: I can assign his account a dedicated IP address but is that all that would be required?

If the client is setting up a mail server, they will still need to configure it properly (e.g. SPF records for the sending domains) and mail from the IP will still be flagged if it has a poor reputation.

Thanked by 1Proxecure
  • @chocolateshirt said:
    Btw are you following an event? 7 new discussion within 2 weeks is not a good sign, you will be considered as spam..

Well, sharing the problems and seeking help, it's not spam, 🤭

• edited August 2021

@Proxecure said:

@chocolateshirt said:
    Btw are you following an event? 7 new discussion within 2 weeks is not a good sign, you will be considered as spam..

Some of your discussion could be solved with google or searching on LET..

• @chocolateshirt said:

@Proxecure said:

@chocolateshirt said:

Not some , most probably all of them. But if we start using Google for everything then what's the purpose of this forum at all? 🙄

• @Proxecure said:

@chocolateshirt said:

Its not a tutorial, either.

• @tetech said:

@Proxecure said:

@chocolateshirt said:

Its not a tutorial, either.

Yeah , I might have chosen wrong category , my bad

• @Proxecure said:

@chocolateshirt said:

@Proxecure said:

@chocolateshirt said:

Not some , most probably all of them. But if we start using Google for everything then what's the purpose of this forum at all? 🙄

Discussion without needed to ask everyting or something already discussed here.. Maybe 2 or 3 new "UNIQUE" or "QUALITY" discussion within one month is a good start..

• @chocolateshirt said:

@Proxecure said:

@chocolateshirt said:

@Proxecure said:

@chocolateshirt said:

Discussion without needed to ask everyting or something already discussed here.. Maybe 2 or 3 new "UNIQUE" or "QUALITY" discussion within one month is a good start..

Well, I didn't knew that it has been discussed here before,

• @Proxecure said:

@chocolateshirt said:

@Proxecure said:

@chocolateshirt said:

@Proxecure said:

@chocolateshirt said:

Well, I didn't knew that it has been discussed here before,

You could use search feature on this forum..