Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for hundreds of Ryzen 3900x Servers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for hundreds of Ryzen 3900x Servers

Number of order: max 300.
Purpose: Crypto Mining

CPU: Ryzen 3900x
RAM: 16GB
STORAGE: Preferably 128GB SSD (250 GB HDD is fine too)
Network: Preferably 1Gbps (100mbps is fine too) 20 TB/ mo
Budget: $80 per month.

Comments

• You know OP we love crypto miners here?

• Hetzner

• what crypto?

• eriseris Member

@chocolateshirt said:
    Hetzner

Crypto is not allowed with in Hetzner network

• Why is so much bandwidth needed?

• SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran
    edited August 2021

Forget about server, tell me which cryptocurrency you are planning to mine as you don't want it for Chia ..

Thanked by 2yoursunny james50a
  • @Jumbo933 said:

Which crypto? And would you accept 5950x? If all were on shared uplink, would 1gbps or 10gbps be enough? How long can you commit to, 6 months or a year?

• @randomq said:

@Jumbo933 said:

Which crypto? And would you accept 5950x? If all were on shared uplink, would 1gbps or 10gbps be enough? How long can you commit to, 6 months or a year?

Monero

Yes I can accept 5950x, But I don't have a benchmark for it to see how much its better than 3900x.

Shared uplink is fine as far as it can push 100mbps.

billing cycle should be monthly.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

Zero chance for someone to deploy you a 100-300 servers on monthly billing.

• It doesn't necessarily needs to be at once. They can deploy them 10-20 weekly/monthly

• Sounds like a scam to me

• AXYZEAXYZE Member
    edited August 2021

@Jumbo933 said:
    It doesn't necessarily needs to be at once. They can deploy them 10-20 weekly/monthly

So you will keep ordering for whole year to get 300 servers? And then if crypto goes down you will abandon 300 servers?

If someone will sell you that then he will go bankrupt (300 idling servers with specs not fitting to other users ex 128gb ssd) or will need massive setup fees like Hetzner, but Hetz doesnt even allow crypto because of stressing&abandon/cancel after crypto price crash.

3900x isnt even most cost efficent cpu for Monero mining. Buy some used Xeon E5 v4, check offers near you and on aliexpress. Two CPUs with 20-28 cores in total will destroy 3900 and in fact it will be even cheaper. You can even check for LGA2066 i9 X-series CPUs, theres some engineering samples available on ali&ebay at laughable prices. If you will get ES of i9-7980XE then you have 18 cores.

Edit: for example 10 core i9 ES costs $115 https://www.ebay.com/itm/133814450168

• @Jumbo933 said:
    It doesn't necessarily needs to be at once. They can deploy them 10-20 weekly/monthly

i highly recommend @cociu

• bacloudbacloud Member, Patron Provider

@Jumbo933 said:
    billing cycle should be monthly.

Not going to happen. I don't think, that there are providers with 300 servers in the warehouse. So the company needs to invest money and order servers for you. If you cancel all the servers after one month, it will take lots of time to sell them all. No one wants to freeze their investments.

So 6 months - 1-year commitment/payment in advance may be essential.

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

We can help you but not with month to month agreement.

We are going to upgrade our servers on rolling fashion to Ryzen setups regardless, so we can hasten the process if you can commit on longer term than 1 month at a time.

If you are willing to go for longer commitment send us a PM and we'll do the maths if we can roll out this number of servers for you, or some of them at least. It's either longer commit or setup fees.

We already have some servers in stock which can be refitted to your needs.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

1-year commitment and paying upfront will be essential.

Otherwise, my "The end is nigh" prophecy will indeed be a reality for the host.

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

@deank said: Otherwise, my "The end is nigh" prophecy will indeed be a reality for the host.

Yea that is what 120k € in CPUs alone. closer to 150k € if using Ryzen 5900x. Easily 3x that when adding everything else too. Then infrastructure, space, labour etc. and it can be a half a mil investment right there.

• 1gservers1gservers Member, Patron Provider

As others have said, no provider in their right mind is going to give you 300 servers on a monthly agreement. If you're willing to pony up and prepay for 6-12 months, it's doable. Otherwise, you should buy the servers yourself and do colocation - but even that usually comes with a minimum 12 month commitment.

• I can see the same user has opened multiple threads for mining before. And a few weeks back he has asked for 20+ servers

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/172188/ordering-20-servers-for-crypto-mining#latest

So just do a cross-check by asking him with whom he had ordered to know whether the requirement is legitimate and also the user is legitimate and keep his promises.

1) If he refuses to share old details - it is a scam
    2) If he owns only a few out of his 70TB or 20+ server - it is just a dummy thread to get good bargain deals for shorter terms
    3) If he shares all the details - proceed with caution with setup fees and upfront payment for 6 months as any one can ignore the contract.

• @1gservers said:
    As others have said, no provider in their right mind is going to give you 300 servers on a monthly agreement. If you're willing to pony up and prepay for 6-12 months, it's doable. Otherwise, you should buy the servers yourself and do colocation - but even that usually comes with a minimum 12 month commitment.

if he do so, he becomes a big player here on let?

• 1gservers1gservers Member, Patron Provider

@hyperblast said:

@1gservers said:

if he do so, he becomes a big player here on let?

Nobody is stopping him from doing so.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

I can bet Raindog's sanity that the dude hasn't got the dough to start with.

And chances are that he is going to ditch his plan in a month or two, leaving his host joining the ranks of Nigh sect.

• servarica_haniservarica_hani Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2021

if you accept E5 v3/v4 we can do 50 to 100 servers with 3 months prepayment (more than that the prepayment will have to be for longer period )
    contact me for details

• TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited August 2021

@AXYZE said:

@Jumbo933 said:

So you will keep ordering for whole year to get 300 servers? And then if crypto goes down you will abandon 300 servers?

If someone will sell you that then he will go bankrupt (300 idling servers with specs not fitting to other users ex 128gb ssd) or will need massive setup fees like Hetzner, but Hetz doesnt even allow crypto because of stressing&abandon/cancel after crypto price crash.

3900x isnt even most cost efficent cpu for Monero mining. Buy some used Xeon E5 v4, check offers near you and on aliexpress. Two CPUs with 20-28 cores in total will destroy 3900 and in fact it will be even cheaper. You can even check for LGA2066 i9 X-series CPUs, theres some engineering samples available on ali&ebay at laughable prices. If you will get ES of i9-7980XE then you have 18 cores.

Edit: for example 10 core i9 ES costs $115 https://www.ebay.com/itm/133814450168

Are you suggesting he run this power and noise beast in his home? Track down and buy used gear? The guy is asking for 300 servers.

• AXYZEAXYZE Member
    edited August 2021

9> @TimboJones said:

@AXYZE said:

@Jumbo933 said:

Are you suggesting he run this power and noise beast in his home? Track down and buy used gear? The guy is asking for 300 servers.

No, where I suggested he should do it in home?

My message is clear - he is talking about 300 servers which will cost like half a million dollars. I just show that there's more attractive options for mining, so either he didn't even do proper research and will abandon these servers or he has a lot money to invest... but then why rent instead of collocation/build your own basic DC? He didnt do research also on that? Yeaaahhh.. :) He wants to rent monthly instead of buy for a reason and we all know it. Or at least I hope so.

Mined crypto will stay safe after chargeback right? :) :)

• SnTHostingsSnTHostings Member, Host Rep

I doubt any provider will give this, because the amount of electricity is used, the data center will have some real objection.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

Hi, we can do this for free.
    You buy the hardware, and we'll provide free colocation in our South Pole location.
    https://yoursunny.com/p/summer-host/colo/

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

Is this a new way to do money laundering?

Thanked by 1AXYZE
  • @FAT32 said:
    Is this a new way to do money laundering?

Software/game keys can be disabled after chargeback/report, but crypto wallet balance wont change.... :))

Not accusing anyone of anything ofc.