Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

jbiloh and admins, please get our community working!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

jbiloh and admins, please get our community working!

jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@jbiloh and admins

Please, pretty please, either get rid of the Cloudf&%#! cancer or somehow get this site working!

I just tried 5 or 6 times to publish a review and I got told each time by those CF assholes that I'm blocked.

Are you in control of our community or is f#§$%& CF? Since when does the CF plague get to decide whether I'm blocked?

If I wouldn't have learned to completely and utterly mistrust CF and therefore saved my content every couple of lines, I would have lost the work of some hours! That's not the right way to motivate users creating content for our community.

FUCK Cloudf#%&! or even better bomb them to hell!

Thanked by 3pike ViridWeb default

Comments

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Well, for starters or while that's being sorted out, why not just post it on pastebin/0bin temporarily and then create a thread with a hyperlink to it?

Once the CF crap is fixed, I'm sure an admin or a mod would be kind enough to help you to edit the thread and post the contents here.

• gianggiang Veteran
    edited August 2021

You can write the review in Word or any software that support writing.

Then screenshot it and post here...

Thanked by 1pike
  • We also need less scams here. Target zero anyone?

Some of the scams these past 12 months have been easy to spot.. Ie hotline and boomer.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@DP said:
    Well, for starters or while that's being sorted out, why not just post it on pastebin/0bin temporarily and then create a thread with a hyperlink to it?

Once the CF crap is fixed, I'm sure an admin or a mod would be kind enough to help you to edit the thread and post the contents here.

Thanks for the suggestion but shouldn't we expect that this site here allows us to create content without any third party, especially an utterly incompetent one like CF, intervening and disabling us?

@giang said:

Why would I do that? LET - by itself, without the CF plague - does offer all that's needed to write and publish posts.

• xaocxaoc Member

You can't always get what you want. ;)

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@jsg said: Thanks for the suggestion but shouldn't we expect that this site here allows us to create content without any third party, especially an utterly incompetent one like CF, intervening and disabling us?

I agree but it is what it is now.

Clearly they're not going to move away from CF overnight but will continue to tweak and fine-tune the rules as and when issues arise.

• @jbiloh can just disable the WAF, it's not at all useful unless you're running some crappy software that just eval()s anything sent to it.

Thanked by 1jackb
  • gianggiang Veteran

@jsg said:

@giang said:

Why would I do that? LET - by itself, without the CF plague - does offer all that's needed to write and publish posts.

Because CF only blocked you when they found something wrong with your text, use image you won't get caught by CF.

• @jsg said:
    @jbiloh and admins
    I just tried 5 or 6 times to publish a review and I got told each time by those CF assholes that I'm blocked.

Does Copy and Paste did not work for you? You can copy the content first before posting, in case there are issue during posting..

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep

@giang said:

@jsg said:

@giang said:

Because CF only blocked you when they found something wrong with your text, use image you won't get caught by CF.

Screenshots aren't nearly as accessible as text. It would be much easier for the WAF to be turned off. The main reasons I think LET uses cloudflare are DDoS attacks and bots. Neither of those need the WAF on.

Thanked by 2webcraft yoursunny
  • xaocxaoc Member

@jackb said:

@giang said:

@jsg said:

@giang said:

Screenshots aren't nearly as accessible as text. It would be much easier for the WAF to be turned off. The main reasons I think LET uses cloudflare are DDoS attacks and bots. Neither of those need the WAF on.

screenshot+pastebin? ;)

• LeviLevi Member

If WAF helps from pesky mjj's - let it be. Just invest in proper CF rule management.

Thanked by 1BlaZe
  • edited August 2021

If we can also do something about this major clusterfuck - that would be awesome:

Why sink some posts and not sink this guys posts from Black Friday last year?!

Thanked by 3cybertech adly gazmull
  • bulbasaurbulbasaur Member
    edited August 2021

@NobodyInteresting said:
    If we can also do something about this major clusterfuck - that would be awesome:

• Those threads are so massive that they sink themselves and then reappear at the top due to bending space time.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

Cloudflare settings on this forum tend to block code snippets.
    It doesn't like JavaScript, HTML, and HTTP transcripts.

When I post tutorials, I have to bisect the article and find which sections are blocked, then replace them with a link to my website where the tutorials are published in full.
    I don't insert them as pictures, because readers may want to copy these code snippets.

I had to delete all the code snippets in my How to Host a Website in Oracle Cloud Free Tier article, which was frustrating.
    Then I added a poll on whether the Cloudflare settings are too strict, in which 77% respondents gave a positive answer.

• @NobodyInteresting said:

It seems I catch more than you..

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@NobodyInteresting said: Why sink some posts and not sink this guys posts from Black Friday last year?!

Those threads pop up because people keep replying to them. If the community stops replying to them, they will sink naturally. Apparently people want to continue discussing them.

• @raindog308 said:

@NobodyInteresting said: Why sink some posts and not sink this guys posts from Black Friday last year?!

Those threads pop up because people keep replying to them. If the community stops replying to them, they will sink naturally. Apparently people want to continue discussing them.

The fact that you're trying to act as if you're ignorant of why people reply on those threads is not lost on the community.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@jsg please try now.

Thanked by 1jsg
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@stevewatson301 said: The fact that you're trying to act as if you're ignorant of why people reply on those threads is not lost on the community.

TBH, I haven't looked at those threads in weeks, and in some cases ever.

But I knew what was driving them without even looking and a peek confirmed it: @dustinc has found an effective way to generate activity in his threads.

Unfortunately, Vanilla only has an autosink per category, which is a pretty blunt tool.

I have no problem with the suggestion (which you failed to make because you're not actually interested in improving the site) that mods sink older offer threads that bob up. But since this cannot be done automatically, it'd need to be done on a case-by-case as mods notice. And no, we don't need another bloody section of the rules about this...they're long enough already.

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@raindog308 said:

Very true, and the same goes for other provider threads. We see them pop up too, and that's what makes this community great. You want people to engage. We believe there's an equal balance.

However one should say that some providers naturally receive more attention and interaction than others and that just comes (for the most part) with marketing, branding, and quality of service provided. For providers lacking attention, that's unfortunately on them.

On a positive note, some providers show interest in learning and becoming a better version, and are doing their best to replicate the succesful. Everyone here has the same opportunity. We encourage everyone to do the same as well.

• @stevewatson301 said:

@raindog308 said:

The fact that you're trying to act as if you're ignorant of why people reply on those threads is not lost on the community.

Well those threads are one of their massive income visitor magnet..

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • @giang said:

Or better, type it in Word, take screenshot, then take picture of that screenshot and post here.

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep

@chocolateshirt said:

I've doubled your ad revenue

Thanked by 1chocolateshirt

@chocolateshirt said:

@stevewatson301 said:

@raindog308 said:

Even better, sounds like it is mutually beneficial both for the community and provider.

• edited August 2021

@dustinc said:

@chocolateshirt said:

@stevewatson301 said:

@raindog308 said:

Even better, sounds like it is mutually beneficial both for the community and provider.

Judging by the fact that the members that have been here for well over a few years are bringing it to the mods attention - definitely contradicts your claim that its good for the community.

For you and the owner of the forum - for sure though.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • bulbasaurbulbasaur Member
    edited August 2021

@NobodyInteresting said:

@dustinc said:

@chocolateshirt said:

@stevewatson301 said:

@raindog308 said:

Judging by the fact that the members that have been here for well over a few years are bringing it to the mods attention - definitely contradicts your claim that its good for the community.

If the threads contained any remotely useful information or were entertaining in any way to the community (look at Virmach's recent threads as an example), you wouldn't be facing this backlash.

edited August 2021

@NobodyInteresting said:

@dustinc said:

@chocolateshirt said:

@stevewatson301 said:

@raindog308 said:

Very few of them, mostly repeaters :) You can verify yourself by reviewing their contribution to the community. Additionally one must realize that some peoples agenda is negativity, and that's ok, that's their way of getting attention.

You'll see with time that specific members dislike the community, a specific person (the owner of the community) yet come back. That's the interesting part. So in the end, you must acknowledge that you cant please them all.

• i really like the politically correct explanations!