Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Proof of Address Now needs to be stamped as per new regulation by PayPal
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Proof of Address Now needs to be stamped as per new regulation by PayPal

So few weeks ago i was asked to identify the ownership of my account just after i sent 100 EUR to someone and same time i got an email my accounts needs to be verified .

The identify was verified but the proof of address they asked was not identify . after 3rd attempt i went to messages and asked the customer agent why its getting rejected . The person replied that Proof of Address in my case was bank statement , it needs to be stamped for it to be accepted.

So if anyone of you have same issue or have trouble getting your documents verified just go to the bank branch near to you and then take a print out with stamp on it having your full name , address and the Stamp too.

Comments

• bdlbdl Member
    edited August 2021

I love stamp

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • @bdl said:
    I love stamp

:)

• 2021, you still need to stamp things.

• Aren't most 'stamped' stuff printed (including stamps) anyway these days?

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

What country? Seems like too much work.

• @MannDude said:
    What country? Seems like too much work.

Dubai

• LeviLevi Member

Send them utility bill. Address proof verification is standard practice in Europe's paypal.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

They naturally follow local laws and have different AML policies and documents required in every country..

• Entertaining Proctology

• @LTniger said:
    Send them utility bill. Address proof verification is standard practice in Europe's paypal.

Also IIRC it verified my address instantly when I added a valid credit card (years ago obviously).

Not sure if that’s still the case — like @Clouvider said, the UAE probably has different KYC regulations.

• That is the way they cares of you and make your life "easier". The only option in this case: do what they are asking if you want to keep your account :(

• jeghjegh Member
    edited August 2021

The banks don't like to reinvent what used to work for them, they are not willing to change their ancient methods that doesn't reflect how things work in today's society.

At least where I live, most instances will charge you a fee for a printed utility bill or bank statement. Of course you can print it yourself for free, but the banks won't accept anything you printed yourself, it needs to be an official document.

Last time I needed proof of my address, I used an official bank statement that was several years old. Just opened it in GIMP and changed the last digit of the year to make it look like it was recent. No problem :) But remember that document forgery is a crime punishable by jail.