Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for unmetered bandwidth server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for unmetered bandwidth server

Hi, I'm looking for unmetered bandwidth server so that I can offload the videos from my website. Currently I'm serving around 40 TB of bandwidth monthly for roughly 1 million users.

Comments

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

OVH.

• @manjokga said:
    Hi, I'm looking for unmetered bandwidth server so that I can offload the videos from my website. Currently I'm serving around 40 TB of bandwidth monthly for roughly 1 million users.

wow. I'm envious with the amont of user you have. nice one.. more power to you.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • Hetzner?

• @DP said:
    OVH.

What's the difference between "1Gbps Unmetered" and "1Gbps Unmetered and Guaranteed"

• +1 for OVH and Hetzner

You can try @MrRadic with 10 Gbps port if US location is fine. 150TB default bandwidth will exceed your requirement.

Thanked by 1MrRadic
  • AndreixAndreix Member, Host Rep

@manjokga said:

Hi there,

I can do 1 Gbps flatrate (unlimited) in Romania for servers.
    Please DM me if you're interested in this location.

Thank you.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@manjokga said:

@DP said:
    OVH.

What's the difference between "1Gbps Unmetered" and "1Gbps Unmetered and Guaranteed"

I believe that's 500Mbps unmetered on a 1Gbps port vs 1Gbps unmetered and guaranteed.

Thanked by 1nyamenk
  • eriseris Member

@manjokga said:

@DP said:
    OVH.

1Gbps Unmetered = Rack with 40 users share 10gbit connection from rack to router So if 40 users all want to upload 1gbit you only reach 250mbit

1Gbps Unmetered and Guaranteed = Always 1gbit connection from server to router ...

• dedicatserver_rodedicatserver_ro Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2021

For general knowledge

Bandwidth:
    Server Port...|....Monthly traffic
    10 Mbps......|....~ 3.3 TB
    100 Mbps....|....~ 33 TB
    1 Gbps........|....~ 330 TB
    10 Gbps......|....~ 3300 TB

So for 40 TB bandwidth you need a server port speed for ~ 125 Mbps ;)

• @manjokga said:

@DP said:
    OVH.

https://www.ovhcloud.com/en/bare-metal/bandwidth/

Your dedicated server has a minimum public bandwidth of 500Mbps, with a burst available to absorb the occasional peak traffic.

• edited August 2021

@dedicatserver_ro said:

1 Gbps........|....~ 330 TB

So for 40 TB bandwidth you need a server port speed for ~ 125 Mbps ;)

That assumes a smooth constant demand, which is unlikely to be the case. For locally specific content you will have busy and quiet periods depending on the wake/sleep/work cycles of the audience, and even for globally relevant content there will be much variation depending on population density in each time-zone (see https://blog.cyberclip.com/world-population-by-time-zone for instance) (more specifically the number of internet connected people which will vary a lot, even ignoring any language barrier issues that will make the audience over time of most sites/apps vary more).

For some content this won't matter, the number of concurrent users might still not make the extra delay noticeable, or if noticeable it may not be problematical, but for high bandwidth stuff such as high bit-rate (high resolution and/or high quality) video it is likely to be significant. So bump up the average bandwidth a few times, perhaps an order of magnitude (better still if the content is already hosted and active, study use patterns to get a less finger-in-the-air multiplier than my “perhaps an order of magnitude”) to get what you need to maintain happy users during a busy period.

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep
  • HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider

Specs and Budget?

• 1gservers1gservers Member, Patron Provider

@manjokga said:

It would be very helpful to know some basic specs you’re looking for. For example, how much storage space do your videos require? Do you need SSD or an array of HDD?

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
  • BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

Can get it in Poland if you'd like :)

• AbdAbd Member, Patron Provider

We can accomodate this request, will be helpful if you share the other requirements RAM, CPU & Storage. 🙂

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

@manjokga said:

What kind of space / ram / cpu / location you looking for?

• terrahostterrahost Member, Patron Provider

Hello,

We have 1Gbps Unmetered KVM VPS from 8.65 eur/mo: https://terrahost.no/virtuell-server
    And 1Gbps Unmetered Dedis from 47 eur/mo: https://terrahost.no/dedikert-server

Located in our bunker datacenter in Norway.

• MrRadicMrRadic Patron Provider, Veteran

@mrclown said:
    +1 for OVH and Hetzner

You can try @MrRadic with 10 Gbps port if US location is fine. 150TB default bandwidth will exceed your requirement.

Thanks for the mention!

• PureVoltagePureVoltage Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2021

Not sure what type of budget you have but we have some great deals in NYC for 100TB on 10G or 10G unmetered. The unmetered adds quite a bit to the pricing.

What other specs do you need?
    https://purevoltage.com