Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyVM Blackfriday deals announced - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyVM Blackfriday deals announced

2»

Comments

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

@deank said:
    Fran has just murdered OP.

Someone report to the police.

Dhichu dhichu (thats the police siren okay?)

• I don't expect any bf deals by buyvm, as long as they can guarantee the stability of the storage block.stability over everything.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@mansoor said:
    @Francisco, just wondering, wouldn't it make sense to offer something right not to resellers before they signup with other hosts on BF and move on?

We have something in the works that will give Shared/Resellers an incredible performance boost. Just give me a little bit to get it sorted.

BuyShared will ultimately move under Namecrane in the coming months.

@gapper said:
    On august he said that he was planning something for this black friday. It is not fake news.

Correct. The anynode merger took up a lot more gear than we originally planned. We didn't know there was so many OpenVZ resellerss.

Francisco

Thanked by 1gapper
  • So tomorrow (black friday) you will announce that offer for current resellers? or we would need to wait until lets say christmas?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@gapper said:
    So tomorrow (black friday) you will announce that offer for current resellers? or we would need to wait until lets say christmas?

No.

We are still working out details. It’ll be later in the year.

Francisco

Thanked by 1gapper
  • Fake news! Made me for 3 sec

• i'm not part of the anti-pony cult but this thread should be closed or title modified -_-

• @ViridWeb said:

@deank said:
    Fran has just murdered OP.

Someone report to the police.

Dhichu dhichu (thats the police siren okay?)

ROFL what sort of mincey siren is that!? :)

• @Francisco said: We'll be taking away IP's in time, likely this year
    @Francisco said: BuyShared will ultimately move under Namecrane in the coming months.

@Francisco
    I have bookmarked this thread back in August, was going to ask about BuyShared, but was drowning in work and forgot to do that. New posts made me think I shouldn't wait any longer.

Could you please clarify what exactly the Namecrane is and what does it mean for shared hosting clients (not resellers)?

Just to clarify, I'm an old BuyShared customer, do not recall the exact date right away, but it's definitely more than 6 years.

I've been with you since LU-shared01, survived LU-shared04 madness few years ago, and still there at the moment (LU-04 is fine after a second migration, I believe).

During all this time I did not create a single support ticket about issues with my sites, only the ones related to the server issues. The most recent one was about server load jumping up a couple of times approx. 5 and 8 weeks ago.

I also understand that dedicated IPs aren't free and appreciate having one, so covering your IP cost was always one of the reasons I've been keeping the account for all this time.

So the question is:

Is there any chance for the current shared hosting customers to avoid migration to a higher priced plan, or to just keep things exactly as they are at the moment?

Maybe something for clients like me, who can clearly confirm they don't need any support?

I didn't expect getting all this info today, so if possible, please answer today as well.

I would definitely prefer not to, but if you're retiring the old plans ultimately, tomorrow is probably the best moment to attempt finding a replacement. Which I did not plan doing as well actually :/