Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"marketing" 101 (a msg to providers) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

"marketing" 101 (a msg to providers)

2»

Comments

• @TimboJones said:

@SirFoxy said:

@TimboJones said:
    Copywriter that hasn't met a capital letter? I call shenanigans. I see poor punctuation as "Mickey Mouse" level of fail.

I am curious who pays for webinars, though.

it's about the message not the grammar, spoken truly like every sideline watcher though.

of course i could speak proper grammar.

No, it looks unprofessional. Do you need to be paid to use proper punctuation?

Probably? It's his style to write "casually" like this, and honestly what he writes reads a lot better than the long punctuated paragraphs you write. I found no grammatical errors in this post, and adding punctuation and capitalization doesn't exactly take a PhD level of education.

Thanked by 1SirFoxy
  • (sighs)

• intovpsintovps Member, Host Rep

Useful stuff. Thanks @SirFoxy.

Thanked by 1SirFoxy
  • @SirFoxy said: so rather than making a tutorial about how to secure your KVM, i'm making a tutorial on how to sell

lol gold

Thanked by 1SirFoxy
  • You know what it is boss, try to keep it real. Just be who you are. Don't be fake. Don't create a fake persona. Just be yourself when communicating with people.

Love what you do, do what you love and also sue @deank whenever you get the chance to do so.

Thanked by 1SirFoxy
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

I've been sued in a dream.

The end is nigh.

• ezethezeth Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2021

@SirFoxy said: that $0.01 for the first year shared hosting offer with a renewal of $47 will do you wonders.

I've actually thought about doing this for my next final offer here at LEB/LET this year. But you would have to limit it to one per customer then right?

1,2,3USD deals

0.01 though.. Then you would loose money on payment fees? 0.3USD plus etc

Thanked by 1SirFoxy
  • TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited August 2021

@raindog308 said:

@TimboJones said: I am curious who pays for webinars, though.

People who sell things through webinars. People don't buy $9.95 books through webinars but they do sign up for $2,000 classes through webinars. It's the 2021 version of the hotel conference room sales seminar (er, "absolutely free information session").

Selling products and classes I get, webinars for one hour, not so much. But I was coming at it from the viewer paying the money, not a business putting on a free viewing like a timeshare scam, I mean presentation.

• @SirFoxy said:

@jmgcaguicla said:

@SirFoxy said:
    have you ever seen me be professional?

touché

douché

Chris Farley has a sketch on SNL where a whale splashes him and he says, "Man, I got douched!" For a while after, I thought that word meant "drenched" and I'm sure used it in various inappropriate places.

• first post on LEB with curse words perhaps? i'll take that accolade.

https://lowendbox.com/blog/guest-tutorial-marketing-101-for-providers/

• wow. thanks for sharing this.

• lifehost360_comlifehost360_com Member, Host Rep

thanks for this summary (and I´m feeling touched as a provider :) )
    I´m totally with you and also believe: helping the customers to get their things done will bind most of them for long time. so I guess, being the cheapest, isn´t the way. being the one with no outages might help.

But in the end I´m with you: Any professional starts as an individual with individually sized services to small customers. make them happy and they will help you to become happy, too.

• JasonMJasonM Member
    edited October 2021

@SirFoxy said: that $0.01 for the first year shared hosting offer with a renewal of $47 will do you wonders.

seems Pacificrack seriously followed your tutorial and hiked server price from $18/yr to $200/yr for their customer here :p

• @JasonM said:

seems Pacificrack seriously followed your tutorial and hiked server price from $18/yr to $200/yr for their customer here :p

Well the key is transparency, not random price changes lol.

Thanked by 1lifehost360_com