Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ramhost, TinyVZ, TinyKVM?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ramhost, TinyVZ, TinyKVM?

shunnyshunny Member
edited March 2012 in General

Any thoughts on Ramhost and its sub-brands? The TinyVz offer looks rather enticing and their twitter feed says they will have stock over the weekend on TinyVZ.

Comments

• I like them. Never had any problems.

Thanked by 1nocom
  • KairusKairus Member
    edited March 2012

Ramhost was voted one of the top 3 providers by LEB in one of the polls last year. If LEb was up I'd link the post.

• kalamkalam Member

I've never used them personally, but Kairus is correct. Haven't seen anything negative about them in the time I've been here. I'd say go for it if their plans interest you and they have stock.

• If I cam remember something negative, was a comment somewhere about the owner talking about TinyVZ as the garbage... lol.
    But most comments are positive

• @yomero said: If I cam remember something negative, was a comment somewhere about the owner talking about TinyVZ as the garbage

Taken out of context, yeah. Just said it was using RAMHost's older hardware :P

• Ramhost is good, have a nameserver hosted there been up for over a year and some months I think?

• When are they gonna put US tinykvm up (buyvm alternative)?

• @say_so said: When are they gonna put US tinykvm up (buyvm alternative)?

Ahm...

http://www.tinykvm.com/

• @yomero said: @say_so said: When are they gonna put US tinykvm up (buyvm alternative)?

Ahm...

http://www.tinykvm.com/

US was the request, tinykvm is London

• yomeroyomero Member
    edited March 2012

@miTgiB said: US was the request, tinykvm is London

OMG! Sorry Q_Q didn't read it right then :S

• AsuraHostingAsuraHosting Member
    edited March 2012

Umm, I purchased the last TinyKVM package from them yesterday.

Now I own 2 TinyKVM's, and 1 quarterly KVM. This weekend, I'm picking up myself a TinyVZ as well.

RamHost is one of the LEB brands that is definitely in the top tier.

• I've had a TinyVZ for a few months now. I have the blog in my sig hosted there. No problems whatsoever.

• It's in stock!!! I just grabbed one, muahahaha. =D

• nocomnocom Member

Already have one - just get number 2
    BTW excellent service absolutely no problem at all with first VPS for 3 months

• @AsuraHosting It's in stock!!! I just grabbed one, muahahaha. =D.
    - Haha Yea I noticed that they have stock. Will be grabbing one in the next two hours. Muhaha! :)

Thanks for the comments everyone! You guys are awesome! I love this community =) Keep the comments coming! :P

Thanked by 2Amfy AsuraHosting
  • I just got one! Now lets see how this VM works out! :) I will post a full review (not a testimonial) once I reach a full month! for all you lowenders out there.

• @DotVPS - nah bro! hehe. From what I read about on their main (ramhost.us) website it takes a few days? Business days.... But hey we got one and paid for it. So we will be on his radar... hehe. I'm happy for now. I love getting QUALITY(not sure yet) Low End Boxes. :P

• @DotVPS http://www.ramhost.us/?page=vps/linux-openvz-germany-eu Here is the link to their OpenVZ VPS sign up and lists setup time as within 3 business days. But I'm not entirely sure if that applies to their TinyVZ as well. I'm assuming it does??.....

• Didn't RamHost used to host LET for free until Joel took over and didn't want it to be affiliated with any low end provider and put it on a Linode but then moved it elsewhere due to the attacks?

• Me neither. First time I'm hearing this. But then again I just started getting active in this community.

• I thought it was RamHost. Pretty sure but might be wrong.

• Nope I was wrong. I looked at that exit post on LEB and saw the comment it was QuickWeb they offered to host for free. My bad.

• @Naruto - It's alright! :) There is so much information in this 'internet' even I get confused at organizing everything in my head. hehe

• @shunny said: setup time as within 3 business days. But I'm not entirely sure if that applies to their TinyVZ as well.

Yes, he takes the full 3 business days to set it up. The 1st service I got from RH, I was pretty annoyed by that fact; but seriously, it's well worth the wait... definitely a quality piece.

• tuxtux Member

@DotVPS said: I don't know who hosted LET , LEB was hosted by Quickweb.

enetsouth?

• ramnetramnet Member, Host Rep

Just to clarify, we've never hosted anything for LEB/LET. Afaik LEB was on Quickweb and LET was on Enetsouth.

TinyKVM is going to be launched alongside our TinyVZ gear in Kansas City sometime later this year. We are also going to be looking into expanding TinyVZ into Europe (it remains to be seen if we can do that for the pricing we want to meet).

Thanks for all the positive feedback everyone! :-)

• I just purchased a TinyKVM in London, well, a couple days ago.
    Looking forward to it being set up since I've heard nothing but good reviews about 'em.

The setup time is a little slow, but hopefully it'll be worth it.
    I might throw up a review once I receive it for anyone who's interested.

• Do TinyVZ/TinyKVM customers get access to Hosted DNS service which is free for all customers of ramhost?

• ramnetramnet Member, Host Rep

@peppr

Yes, TinyVZ / TinyKVM get access to our hosted DNS services.

• @ramnet Thanks. that is cool