Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reasonable price hosting provider for very light usage - 10 domains max most redirects and 1 website
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Reasonable price hosting provider for very light usage - 10 domains max most redirects and 1 website

lowendguy7lowendguy7 Member
edited August 2021 in Providers

My current provider has left me in the lurch - down for 3+ days and ignoring support - what else can you guys offer.

Just want reasonable price - few domains, cpanel (for own emails via domains mostly) and reliable. That is all really.

Don't care where it is really but US are where my traffic demographics are. My current provider was in UK and that is where I am but I guess US is better for these cases of targeting where your traffic is based? I dunno it makes too much difference with the speed of today's internet? Maybe I am wrong, never really looked into that side of things much.

Comments

• AllHost_RepAllHost_Rep Member, Patron Provider

If you're okay with another UK provider than I'm currently offering Clouveo refugees the first month for £1 to settle in and then a recurring 30% discount off after that.

COUPON: CLOUVEOREFUGEE to get the first month for £1.

My latest offer thread is here with some info if it's of any interest to you.
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/173040/allhost-cpanel-hosting-litespeed-ddos-protection-jetbackup-from-2-06-month

Thanked by 1lowendguy7
  • @seriesn and his https://nexusbytes.com/web-hosting? It's not CPanel but DirectAdmin does better job in my opinion.

Thanked by 1lowendguy7
  • @TeYroX said:
    @seriesn and his https://nexusbytes.com/web-hosting? It's not CPanel but DirectAdmin does better job in my opinion.

Never used but I made a few python scripts which are based around cpanel. It wouldn't be much to remake them but wondering if it is worth. What makes directadmin better? Never heard of it except in passing really - hosting is really just a set and forget thing for me so have never delved into the options out there.

• edited August 2021

@lowendguy7 said:

@TeYroX said:
    @seriesn and his https://nexusbytes.com/web-hosting? It's not CPanel but DirectAdmin does better job in my opinion.

Never used but I made a few python scripts which are based around cpanel. It wouldn't be much to remake them but wondering if it is worth. What makes directadmin better? Never heard of it except in passing really - hosting is really just a set and forget thing for me so have never delved into the options out there.

No crazy price increases, which means the host can actually plan to make a profit in the price, and keep that price.
    Cpanel increases their price regularly, which means the host either has to increase the price or accept a loss, both of which are bad news for the end user.

Also +1 for @seriesn

Thanked by 2seriesn lowendguy7
  • @lowendguy7 said:

@TeYroX said:

There is "Setup Python App" where you can run your python scripts :) So it shouldn't be a problem for you :)

• AbdAbd Member, Patron Provider

If you are fine with DirectAdmin,
    Check our plans: https://my.webhorizon.in/order/main/index/ssd-shared base plan $5.5/y fits your use case.

There's LA, LV & FL location options, includes premium e-mail relay for delivery. (Standard limit 75 emails per day, we can increase per requirements)
    PM if there's any questions!

Thanked by 1lowendguy7
  • If you are ok with Direct Admin, Nexusbytes is your way to go.
    But if you need Cpanel, @HostMayo is on LET since 2015 now. Awesome services for very cheap prices.
    They have a sale using the coupon extreme you can get:

15 GB Disk Space
    Unlimited Bandwidth
    Unlimited Users
    Unlimited Domains
    Unlimited Databases
    Unlimited Email Accounts

For like 3.20$ (sometimes even just for 2$)

Thanked by 2HostMayo lowendguy7
  • XsltelXsltel Member, Host Rep

I'm leaving this loss leader offer here. you know to gain SEO and might help someone in need
    Free hosting with cPanel

Thanked by 1lowendguy7
  • lowendguy7lowendguy7 Member
    edited August 2021

@TeYroX said:

@lowendguy7 said:

@TeYroX said:

There is "Setup Python App" where you can run your python scripts :) So it shouldn't be a problem for you :)

It is not related to that, my scripts run at home and are contacting the server, not running from server. It is that I wrote them to communicate with cpanel's email via html requests, which will be different if using direct admin.

But ye not a big deal probably a day or two's work to rewrite but there is also getting used to direct admin in general whether it is worth the faffing around. I would probably stick with cpanel if there weren't any clear benefits to moving directadmin.

I do love the spartan an unbloated (been a long time arch-linux user and generally love all things linuxy or linuxlike) though and if directadmin is more geared to that it may suit me.

edited September 2021

@AllHost_Ben said:
    If you're okay with another UK provider than I'm currently offering Clouveo refugees the first month for £1 to settle in and then a recurring 30% discount off after that.

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/173040/allhost-cpanel-hosting-litespeed-ddos-protection-jetbackup-from-2-06-month

Hey I am interested what you meant by this comment of 'clouveo refugees'. I did a search for the hosting company I am with - Websound (I feel ok naming them now they have been consistently unreliable) - on this forum and it turns out they are the very same company as clouveo.

Been having awful trouble with then consistently since I made this post. Well it cleared up soon after I made the post, which is why I did not pursue another provider, thinking it could have been a blip, but they have gone down on at least 2 other occasions now with no apology or explanation from them or updates on why it happens.

So now I am ready to move. I guess similar issues occurred with this other company 'clouveo' they have? Seems like they just don't care.

• Adam1Adam1 Member
    edited September 2021

I've tried them all, inc those mentioned above. I had approx 40 shared hosting accounts up until recently.

Yeah, theres cheap - but will they be around next year? from experience I can tell you nearly half of the shared hosting packages i bought either got expensive, deadpooled or got bought out and merged. Some just closed a location and moved you to another, often with no consultation. That's if they didnt get slow or bad IP rep.

I've left most of them now, but kept a few around, but the host that I would recommend would be HostUS https://hostus.us/shared-hosting.html - for what you want, it'd be $15 a year.

I've had that hosting account for over 6 years, literally no monitorable downtime since forever.

they dont post much here but I can tell you, their platform is rock solid.

Thanked by 1lowendguy7
  • @AllHost_Ben said:

While clouveo may have its problems, they are a member here and what you're doing is just plain rude and disrepectful.

• @Adam1 said:
    I've tried them all, inc those mentioned above. I had approx 40 shared hosting accounts up until recently.

Yeah, theres cheap - but will they be around next year? from experience I can tell you nearly half of the shared hosting packages i bought either got expensive, deadpooled or got bought out and merged. Some just closed a location and moved you to another, often with no consultation. That's if they didnt get slow or bad IP rep.

I've left most of them now, but kept a few around, but the host that I would recommend would be HostUS https://hostus.us/shared-hosting.html - for what you want, it'd be $15 a year.

I've had that hosting account for over 6 years, literally no monitorable downtime since forever.

they dont post much here but I can tell you, their platform is rock solid.

Thanks for the experience. Hostus certainly have overall better and more reviews but a quick search on this forum seems they had similar issues recently too but at least they explained themselves in that thread and maybe it was more exceptional given the large portion of reviews are positive.

edited September 2021

@Adam1 said:

@AllHost_Ben said:

While clouveo may have its problems, they are a member here and what you're doing is just plain rude and disrepectful.

Sure, probably is slightly in bad taste but ultimately being a member or provider here doesn't excuse them for incompetence nor does it necessarily imply they are competent - just look at the recent hot-swap RAM or the "swap is RAM" sagas or list of deadpooled hosts that have once existed here as a provider.

When clients are approaching 3 days of downtime without status updates then I think it's pretty fair for other hosts to send out life rafts and such clients that take advantage of "refugee" offers are already looking for a new provider anyway.

EDIT: https://status.clouveo.com/?m=5ec6d69506c1d7077460ff83

This is not okay.

Thanked by 1adly
    edited September 2021

@AllHost_Ben said:

@Adam1 said:

@AllHost_Ben said:

Sure, probably is slightly in bad taste but ultimately being a member or provider here doesn't excuse them for incompetence nor does it necessarily imply they are competent - just look at the recent hot-swap RAM or the "swap is RAM" sagas or list of deadpooled hosts that have once existed here as a provider.

When clients are approaching 3 days of downtime without status updates then I think it's pretty fair for other hosts to send out life rafts and such clients that take advantage of "refugee" offers are already looking for a new provider anyway.

I don't see why he got annoyed about it either tbh. People shouldn't offer alternatives for a failing service? The refugee thing is obviously tongue in cheek. As a fellow brit he should certainly appreciate that.

Thanked by 2AllHost_Rep adly
    edited September 2021

@lowendguy7 said:

Sorry totally missed your earlier reply just before that one!

Hopefully my comment above cleared up but in my experience, when a shared host goes down for 48hrs+ then they don't often come back from that - hence the refugee discount offer going out to help any of the affected clients transition. The discount is actually something I've carried onto this month anyway as an introductory £1 first month offer so the coupon was more of a way of tracking where users are signing up from.

https://status.clouveo.com/?m=5ec6d69506c1d7077460ff83

There's really no excuse for that level of downtime imo.

Thanked by 1lowendguy7
  • bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/171295/shared-hosting-and-reseller-hosting-deals-jetbackup-softaculous-litespeed-cpanel-more/p1

i do believe @dustinc places a limit on addon domains but you can either use your registrar to redirect or you can contact support and they will probably increase your limit

Thanked by 1lowendguy7
    edited September 2021

I am on the fence between racknerd and hostmayo. Can anyone help me decide?

Racknerd have more good reviews but hostmayo have a nice promo to take from $40 yearly down to $20. Plus racknerd do not seem to have any promo code or discount for paying annually for their shared hosting @ $67 which seems stingy.

Well $20 bux seems the clear winner! If indeed they are a great provider. Seems to be a lot of good reports on this forum, just not much on other websites.

I would pay the extra for racknerd as uptime is more important than price but seems to be good reviews for hostmayo in terms of uptime too on hostadvice, but only 2 reviews.

• adlyadly Veteran
    edited September 2021

Between those two, probably RackNerd. If you’re in the UK you should probably also go for somewhere in Europe, unless most of your customer base is in the US/Asia since both are based out of LA in the US.

Edit: they have some deals at https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/171295/shared-hosting-and-reseller-hosting-deals-jetbackup-softaculous-litespeed-cpanel-more/p1. Don’t think they do coupons, just custom packages for sales, but I may be wrong.

Thanked by 1lowendguy7
    edited September 2021

@adly said:
    Between those two, probably RackNerd. If you’re in the UK you should probably also go for somewhere in Europe, unless most of your customer base is in the US/Asia since both are based out of LA in the US.

What is your reasoning for saying racknerd?

My traffic is nearly 100% US based so will go with US.

• @lowendguy7 said:

@adly said:

What is your reasoning for saying racknerd?

My traffic is nearly 100% US based so will go with US.

I’ve had no issues with them, but the main reason is that between those two I just wouldn’t choose HostMayo. RackNerd seems more established and professional.

Thanked by 2lowendguy7 JasonM
  • henixhenix Member
    edited September 2021

@Xsltel said:
    I'm leaving this loss leader offer here. you know to gain SEO and might help someone in need
    Free hosting with cPanel

shared license?

• @adly said: RackNerd seems more established and professional.

and fast, stable and reliable and quick.
    <3 their support.

• XsltelXsltel Member, Host Rep

@henix said: shared license?

my cpanel invoice says otherwise
    https://imgur.com/JIaKLHW .

and no I can't share primary IP to verify that to avoid ddosers .
    also looks like I need more swap on that server !!!

edited September 2021

@adly Racknerd, while great reviews, doesn't really count as lowend does it? It is even more expensive per year than some commercial ones like namecheap.

Hosting is number 1 important though in terms of making your sites are rock solid so don't mind spending the extra but is racknerd superior to one of the 'mainstream' suppliers like godaddy or namecheap since the price is not going to be a factor in deciding? I am guessing yes since racknerd will have better support and more by nerds for nerds? just guessing from what I have read so far.

• @lowendguy7 said:
    @adly Racknerd, while great reviews, doesn't really count as lowend does it? It is even more expensive per year than some commercial ones like namecheap.

Hosting is number 1 important though in terms of making your sites are rock solid so don't mind spending the extra but is racknerd superior to one of the 'mainstream' suppliers like godaddy or namecheap since the price is not going to be a factor in deciding? I am guessing yes since racknerd will have better support and more by nerds for nerds? just guessing from what I have read so far.

RackNerd have constant deals, so I’d be surprised if you couldn’t find something cheaper than those other providers with them. But there are many other providers here that you’d also likely be satisfied with and may be more within your budget.

Regarding superiority, I’d posit that most providers here would be superior to suppliers like GoDaddy or Namecheap since neither are particularly well known for the high quality hosting products nor is it their primary business.

Thanked by 2lowendguy7 webcraft
    edited September 2021

@adly said:

@lowendguy7 said:

RackNerd have constant deals, so I’d be surprised if you couldn’t find something cheaper than those other providers with them. But there are many other providers here that you’d also likely be satisfied with and may be more within your budget.

Regarding superiority, I’d posit that most providers here would be superior to suppliers like GoDaddy or Namecheap since neither are particularly well known for the high quality hosting products nor is it their primary business.

Well racknerd has come up consistently in this thread. I want the hosting to be rock solid above anything, as if it goes down then so does my income, so worth paying a few extra bux per year for that and racknerd guarantee 100% uptime from what I read on their site. That, along with the other testimonials seems to make them a good bet.

So having said that hosting is something I don't want to cut corners on reliability with, which seems like it would be the case with other providers- such as hostmayo. They could be just as good but are not already tried and true as racknerd are.

• If you're looking for stability I can just second the recommendation for hosts.us. The mentioned issue was probably the only major issue with them in the last seven years I had services with them. Their support isn't the fastest but their staff seems knowledgeable so they're good to help at the first response usually.

Thanked by 1lowendguy7
  • @MikePT - MyW.pt

• @webcraft said:
    If you're looking for stability I can just second the recommendation for hosts.us. The mentioned issue was probably the only major issue with them in the last seven years I had services with them. Their support isn't the fastest but their staff seems knowledgeable so they're good to help at the first response usually.

second? No-one else had mentioned them in this thread :)