Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Announcement: Phoenix VPS is migrating all Xen VPS customers to SSD cached servers - KVM next week
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Announcement: Phoenix VPS is migrating all Xen VPS customers to SSD cached servers - KVM next week

marcmmarcm Member
edited November 2013 in Providers

I know that some of our customers are visiting LowEndTalk/LowEndBox regularly, so in case any of you have missed all of our emails about this migration, here is the announcement again:

Starting Tuesday, November 26th, 2013, we are migrating all of our Business Xen VPS and Enterprise Xen VPS customers to our SSD Cached Xen VPS packages. We are discontinuing all of our non-SSD Xen VPS packages. Pricing will not change for our existing customers, so this is a free upgrade. Enjoy! Even better, we are lowering prices for our SSD Cached Xen VPS packages to make them more affordable.

The upgrade procedure is simple: we migrate each VPS (one at a time) to one of our beefy SSD cached Xen nodes, and after that we are switching that VPS to the new corresponding plan. The IP address, or addresses, for the VPS will also change, however we will update the new address in the vps control panel and billing panel so that our customers can use their VPS server right away after each migration is completed.

The downtime per VPS is around 10 to 30 minutes.

Of course we have not forgotten about our KVM VPS customers. We are upgrading them as well to SSD cached KVM nodes during this coming weekend and starting with next week. Pricing will stay the same as it is now for our upcoming SSD Cached KVM VPS packages.

I would like to thank our customers and this community for their support. Without them we would not be as successful as we are.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone, and don't say that Christmas didn't come early this year :)

Comments

• Good to hear @marcm

Thanked by 1marcm
  • @marcm Er btw you website is Error 522 right now.

• @budi1413 it's running on our 32GB dedicated box (for internal use) and we are moving that as well to an SSD cached node, along with a ton of data so I'm not surprised.

• marcm said: I'm not surprised

Ah okay. -_- One more is your "KVMLET7" coupon is kind of not working.

• marcmmarcm Member
    edited November 2013

@budi1413 We are dropping all non-SSD cached plans. Wait until Monday next week, and you can get an SSD cached KVM VPS. Or if you want one right now get one from my brother at http://www.kvmshell.com - they run on similar specked nodes (dual E5s, RAID10+BBU, LSI + CacheCade, Samsung/Intel SSDs). That pricing scheme is awesome for what you're getting :)

• Well Marc. I hope you're happy lol. Upon seeing this, I thought it would make sense for me to buy one of your Enterprise Xen servers to benefit from the free upgrade!

Now I know this thread was genuinely setup to inform current customers but it has also served as advertisement and if I've gone and committed £12 a month I'm sure others have too after seeing this ha.

However, I am now suspecting that my order will be cancelled and then I'll be sad.

• You have "enterprise" Xen customers that would tolerate less than 7 days notice for something as risky as this? Happy xmas indeed

• marcmmarcm Member
    edited November 2013

@OkieDoke nah, your order went through just fine streight to a SCXVPS 1024 :D -> Enjoy and spread the word. Pricing for SCXVPS packages will be adjusted (lowered) later today for new customers, so as of now all non-SSD cached packages are disabled.

@nonuby - There were plenty of notices sent via email (in advance), this announcement was to make sure that no one missed it.

The migration is done via cloning the VPS to the new node, check-sums are checked, etc. Once everything is working then the customer will be switched to the new VPS.

• nonubynonuby Member
    edited November 2013

@marcm

nonuby - There were plenty of notices sent via email, this announcement was to make sure that no one missed it.

misread - so there was more than 7 days notice?

• nonuby said: next week

That's for kvm migration.

• nonuby said: The "next week" in the title would be indicative of the original date sent to customers, correct?

It indicates that we are upgrading each and everyone of our customers, however notices were sent out to both Xen and KVM customers in advance. I don't think that your assumptions are well founded, or maybe you misunderstood something. The bottom line is that customers were all notified in advance.