Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lifetime 10TB cloud storage + Keepsolid VPN for $90
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Lifetime 10TB cloud storage + Keepsolid VPN for $90

CybrCybr Member

There's 4 days left for this offer:

https://deals.thenextweb.com/sales/the-lifetime-backup-security-subscription-bundle-degoo-10tb

Anyone know anything about Degoo cloud storage? Never heard of them before.

Thanked by 1default

Comments

• Deego is whatever is next to shit, never use that shit if you want your files to get deleted without any reason.

• defaultdefault Veteran

Curiosity: is it possible to create encrypted partitions of a few terabytes, and upload them in Degoo?

• nvmenvme Member

It might get involucrated soon.

• I bought degoo on nov 30, 2020. I have around 2.5TB files with them personal photos and videos only nothing more. Haven't had any problems but I see so many posts that they got suspended because of copyright, so I don't know. I also own 2 keepsolid lifetimes pretty awesome.

Thanked by 3Cybr mrTom Ympker
  • Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited July 2021

Degoo isn't very good and last I checked, they had limits as to how you can use the storage (I think you had to use their apps?).

For lifetime storage, go for pCloud or Koofr instead. pCloud are big enough that they have their own ASN (AS51154) and both support rclone. Koofr just use Hetzner in Germany whereas pCloud use owned colocated servers and let you pick whether you want your data in Europe (Luxembourg) or the USA (Dallas)

I'm using both for secondary offsite storage of backups (my Koofr account got filled so I got the pCloud). pCloud is definitely better, but costs more.

• CybrCybr Member

After reading some of those reviews, the cheap lifetime subscription makes more sense.

Lovely scammers
    They are scammers who only want to keep the money from the premium accounts using the excuse that there is material protected by copyright. There is no bot scanning the files or file encryption, they just send out automated emails to justify account cancellation. In my case, I do have copyrighted material in my FREE Degoo accounts and from there I distribute it by linking it from my warez website and I have never received an email from the bot or had any account canceled. Some of those files have been downloaded hundreds of times without any problem. Obviously they do not care at all what is done with the free accounts, they are only a claim for you to upgrade to a 10TB premium plan. Just as they do not attend to the claim tickets of their clients, I imagine that they do not attend the copyright lawsuits either. I don't give them 5 stars for the 512mb file limit on the free accounts, but they do give great hosting space and don't even bother to check if your email address is valid or verify your real name. As a backup company they are scammers, but as a warez hosting they are highly recommended. If it weren't for the 512mb limit, they would be the ideal alternative to MEGA.

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@Daniel15 said:
    Degoo isn't very good and last I checked, they had limits as to how you can use the storage (I think you had to use their apps?).

For lifetime storage, go for pCloud or Koofr instead. pCloud are big enough that they have their own ASN (AS51154) and both support rclone. Koofr just use Hetzner in Germany whereas pCloud use owned colocated servers and let you pick whether you want your data in Europe (Luxembourg) or the USA (Dallas)

I'm using both for secondary offsite storage of backups (my Koofr account got filled so I got the pCloud). pCloud is definitely better, but costs more.

Can vouch for Koofr (using Koofr lifetime deal from stacksocial) and have only heard good things about pCloud. I was often tempted to get Degoo but decided not to. It would make me upload many TB only to have them possibly deleted and having to move again..

Thanked by 1nfn
  • nfnnfn Veteran

@Ympker said:
    Can vouch for Koofr (using Koofr lifetime deal from stacksocial) and have only heard good things about pCloud. I was often tempted to get Degoo but decided not to. It would make me upload many TB only to have them possibly deleted and having to move again..

Are there any coupons for Koofr?

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@nfn said:

@Ympker said:

Not that I am aware of. There rarely are. I was lucky to get the 1TB lifetime for 90$ish back then, I think. Your best bet would be to try if "Honey" has some working coupons for you.

Thanked by 1nfn
  • @nfn said:

@Ympker said:

They often have a Black Friday if you can wait that long.

Thanked by 2nfn Ympker
  • jenkkijenkki Member

Question only how long they will exist in business :)

• @jenkki said:
    Question only how long they will exist in business :)

For what it's worth, Koofr and Degoo have been around since 2012, and pCloud since 2013.

• aquaaqua Member, Patron Provider

I would never take any "lifetime" offers as I doubt in about 20 years, this offer will not be available anymore.

• PixelsPixels Member

@aqua said:
    I would never take any "lifetime" offers as I doubt in about 20 years, this offer will not be available anymore.

I am pretty sure the service has paid for itself in 20 years. Just use as a backup of a backup.

• @aqua said:

No shit. But if you get > equivalent annual price, you've come out ahead. Generally, that's only like 2-3 years. After breaking even, everything after is gravy.

• aquaaqua Member, Patron Provider

@TimboJones said:

@aqua said:

No shit. But if you get > equivalent annual price, you've come out ahead. Generally, that's only like 2-3 years. After breaking even, everything after is gravy.

Idk about you but in 20 years i’d still want my backup space...

• @aqua said:

@TimboJones said:

@aqua said:

Idk about you but in 20 years i’d still want my backup space...

Ok. But in 20 years you paid 20xannual fee vs less than 20 years annual fees. That frees up money to backup the data in more than one place.

Thanked by 1Pixels
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited July 2021

In 20 years, 10Tb will be given for free.