Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ApeWeb Norway Offer. KVM, SSD/NVME, Unmetered Bandwidth. From 1.80USD. - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ApeWeb Norway Offer. KVM, SSD/NVME, Unmetered Bandwidth. From 1.80USD.

Comments

• Now VPS are online but OS was reinstalled to fresh. Previous data are deleted without warning. @ApeWeb did you even care to send notice to client about it?

• ApeWebApeWeb Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2021

@jenkki said:
    Now VPS are online but OS was reinstalled to fresh. Previous data are deleted without warning. @ApeWeb did you even care to send notice to client about it?

Some clients were on a raid volume that had too many simultaneous failures to be recoverable but they were notified of this over email and received some account credit for the inconvenience. (Was Wednesday/Thursday I think). Without knowing your order number I couldn't tell you.

We have been really unlucky with a bad batch of drives which are all being replaced.

• @jenkki said:
    Now VPS are online but OS was reinstalled to fresh. Previous data are deleted without warning. @ApeWeb did you even care to send notice to client about it?

No he didn't. At least no in my case. He lives in denial that this happened.

• coldcold Member

oh, the other STABLE node went also offline, after 48 hours ? great service you provide mate !

@cold said:
    oh, the other STABLE node went also offline, after 48 hours ? great service you provide mate !

The server I presume you are on went down for 15 minutes to have a new disk installed. This was planned and we gave around 1.5 hours warning if you checked or subscribed to the status page.

• coldcold Member

@ApeWeb said:

@cold said:

The server I presume you are on went down for 15 minutes to have a new disk installed. This was planned and we gave around 1.5 hours warning if you checked or subscribed to the status page.

well normally providers send e-mails when they do such things... but whatever, I canceled my server at the end of the billing date.

• @ApeWeb said: checked or subscribed to the status page

Customers need to subscribe to the status page? Shouldn't all outages, planned or unplanned, be sent to all customers via mail? This should be common practice.

• jenkkijenkki Member
    edited August 2021

@ApeWeb said: Some clients were on a raid volume that had too many simultaneous failures to be recoverable but they were notified of this over email and received some account credit for the inconvenience. (Was Wednesday/Thursday I think).

You just reply a two answers on my ticket
    ,,There has been a hardware fault with this server. The datacentre technician is investigating,, few days ago

And today ,,Your VPS is up and accessable,,

There nothing about reinstall OS on client VPS without notice. No other emails sent

• coldcold Member

@jenkki said:

@ApeWeb said: Some clients were on a raid volume that had too many simultaneous failures to be recoverable but they were notified of this over email and received some account credit for the inconvenience. (Was Wednesday/Thursday I think).

You just reply a two answers on my ticket
    ,,There has been a hardware fault with this server. The datacentre technician is investigating,, few days ago

And today ,,Your VPS is up and accessable,,

There nothing about reinstall OS on client VPS without notice. No other emails sent

he wanted to surprise you 😉

• @ApeWeb it seems like at least one of your nodes has gone BANANAS as it seems my server is offline and unable to be restarted / accessed from the panel.

If this is a known node wide issue, maybe you could just let us know that here now, please?

@TheLinuxBug said:
    @ApeWeb it seems like at least one of your nodes has gone BANANAS as it seems my server is offline and unable to be restarted / accessed from the panel.

If this is a known node wide issue, maybe you could just let us know that here now, please?

If you have a problem please open a support ticket. There is no "known issue".

• @ApeWeb said:

@TheLinuxBug said:
    @ApeWeb it seems like at least one of your nodes has gone BANANAS as it seems my server is offline and unable to be restarted / accessed from the panel.

Ticket was already opened but wanted to make sure you were aware of the issue and see if I was the only one seeing this.

Hopefully you can check my ticket and get it resolved rather quickly.

Thanks!

• @TheLinuxBug said:

@ApeWeb said:

@TheLinuxBug said:

Ticket was already opened but wanted to make sure you were aware of the issue and see if I was the only one seeing this.

Hopefully you can check my ticket and get it resolved rather quickly.

Thanks!

Thanks for the quick resolution to my issue, things are back online and working as expected again for now.

Cheers!

• he sells TRASH I was 1 month with him, canceled my service!

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@ApeWeb

"it is an intel processor" and "NVMe or SSD" decreases my interest considerably.

Care to clearly spell out the processor family and depending on what one gets an NVMe or an SSD?

@jsg said:
    @ApeWeb

"it is an intel processor" and "NVMe or SSD" decreases my interest considerably.

Care to clearly spell out the processor family and depending on what one gets an NVMe or an SSD?

Processor model will depend on which node you are deployed onto at present it is most likely to be an x5670. You can select NVME or SSD on the order page (NVME is an extra 50p).

Thanked by 1jsg
  • VPS working two days and got offline for the while. IP are changed without notice but still offline. Are you serious?

• deadpool incomming,

edited September 2021

@ascicode said:
    deadpool incomming,

I think you might be surprised to find that we are probably one of the least likely providers on here to "deadpool". Roughly 95% of customers are on monthly billing, those that aren't are on low value products with quarterly billing. We also own give or take 90% of our hardware. There is no incentive for us to just disappear.

• @ApeWeb said:

@ascicode said:
    deadpool incomming,

I think you might be surprised to find that we are probably one of the least likely providers on here to "deadpool". Roughly 95% of customers are on monthly billing, those that aren't are on low value products with quarterly billing. We also own give or take 90% of our hardware. There is no incentive for us to just disappear.

With that issues you shouldnt be here.

@ascicode said:

@ApeWeb said:

@ascicode said:
    deadpool incomming,

With that issues you shouldnt be here.

Such as?

• Hi, I would like to share my story.
    I bought LET Jul21 Norway VM1 a few months ago,
    (yes, the offer was still active) and until recently I was a satisfied customer. Everything worked as expected. But a few days ago I additionally decided to buy Poland KVM VPS. The problems started from the start. The vps was available over IPv6, but did not work over IPv4, a day after the ticket was created, the situation changed. The vps worked fine over IPv4, but IPv6 disappeared. The ticket created in support remained unanswered for more than 4 days. Several times I tried to contact support via online chat, but no one answered. Making the assumption that they did not want to solve my problem, I made a request to the sales department for a refund.
    After waiting 2 days and receiving no response at all, I had to open a paypal case for a refund.
    Something has happened that I refuse to understand.
    After 5 minutes, I received a confirmation for a full refund.
    Also, all of my VPS in Apeweb have been terminated and my account has been deleted.
    I am a very loyal customer, if a company has problems I can understand and wait for a solution. To do this, it was enough to answer the ticket.
    But interrupting all services to which there were no complaints and not even giving the opportunity to make backups seems to me not entirely adequate behavior.

• @Smbat said:
    Hi, I would like to share my story.
    I bought LET Jul21 Norway VM1 a few months ago,
    (yes, the offer was still active) and until recently I was a satisfied customer. Everything worked as expected. But a few days ago I additionally decided to buy Poland KVM VPS. The problems started from the start. The vps was available over IPv6, but did not work over IPv4, a day after the ticket was created, the situation changed. The vps worked fine over IPv4, but IPv6 disappeared. The ticket created in support remained unanswered for more than 4 days. Several times I tried to contact support via online chat, but no one answered. Making the assumption that they did not want to solve my problem, I made a request to the sales department for a refund.
    After waiting 2 days and receiving no response at all, I had to open a paypal case for a refund.
    Something has happened that I refuse to understand.
    After 5 minutes, I received a confirmation for a full refund.
    Also, all of my VPS in Apeweb have been terminated and my account has been deleted.
    I am a very loyal customer, if a company has problems I can understand and wait for a solution. To do this, it was enough to answer the ticket.
    But interrupting all services to which there were no complaints and not even giving the opportunity to make backups seems to me not entirely adequate behavior.

Have you ever tried OVH support 🤣

• I rarely contact support, but this case sent me into a slight shock

• @Smbat you new?

I am not defending the provider, but it is very common for providers to fully assume you don't want any service with them when you open a PayPal case. this is not a eBay (or a big company) to have the patience to deal with your PayPal cases one by one for each product. Once You open a case, take your money and get out. I would not want to deal with you, I will see you as a potential sort of trouble with PayPal since every case will harm my reputation. It's like if I am your friend and all of sudden you sue me once for sth stupid I have done, I will never deal with you again, I won't just consider it a "one time" thing.

If your not ready for this, do not open a PayPal case, and just be patient. It's a "lowend" service, don't expect hetzner support -level from them!

• I have been using lowend servers for several years, and over the years I have never had a case when the provider completely ignored requests for 4 days.
    What should I wait if all my requests were completely ignored? And this despite the fact that the staff was online, judging by how quickly the paypal case was closed
    If I'm wrong, explain to me what exactly?

• I am Not saying you are wrong, I clearly said I am not defending the provider. I just said: expect things to go wrong once you open a PayPal case. Just because you got lucky with other providers for years on LET, does not mean you will get lucky with every single provider on LET forever.

• MarkLuunMarkLuun Member
    edited November 2021

@Smbat said:
    I have been using lowend servers for several years, and over the years I have never had a case when the provider completely ignored requests for 4 days.

You do not know HostMaze or Hostclean (both in Rumania), right!? :smiley:
    With these two you are lucky to ever get an answer to your tickets. :smiley:

• @Smbat said:
    I have been using lowend servers for several years, and over the years I have never had a case when the provider completely ignored requests for 4 days.
    What should I wait if all my requests were completely ignored? And this despite the fact that the staff was online, judging by how quickly the paypal case was closed
    If I'm wrong, explain to me what exactly?

I don't say that they were right not to answer your ticket for four days, but you've been around here long enough to know that if you start a PayPal dispute, then the game is over: they will discontinue your service and no longer want you as a customer.

(It would be nice to have a reaction from @ApeWeb )

• I find it very strange that the provider can ignore tickets for several days and this is considered acceptable