Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ApeWeb Norway Offer. KVM, SSD/NVME, Unmetered Bandwidth. From 1.80USD. - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ApeWeb Norway Offer. KVM, SSD/NVME, Unmetered Bandwidth. From 1.80USD.

Comments

• ApeWebApeWeb Member, Host Rep

We do now accept paypal basic (non subscription payment). If there is significant abuse with it again we will stop though.

• jenkkijenkki Member
    edited July 2021

@ApeWeb said: If there is significant abuse with it again we will stop though.

Can you explain this? Steal mom's money for your non working VPS?

• ArkasArkas Moderator

Is there a problem with the VPS? I want to order one.

edited July 2021

@Arkas said:
    Is there a problem with the VPS? I want to order one.

We tried a new ssd brand and had 5 disks fail in 4 days. All new orders are going to be put on the nvme disks until replacement SSDs arrive.

• @ApeWeb said: ApeWeb

Dear ,,,,,,

This is a notice to remind you that you have an invoice due on Sunday, July 18th, 2021. We tried to bill you automatically but were unable to because we don't have your credit card details on file.

That a example about these credit card payments issues. This VPS was terminated few days ago days but they still continue to send invoices every day with failed payments alerts. If they have my credit card in their WHMC (Non removable) they bill me for non existing product. PayPal balance are SAFE from this kind of charges.

• JioJio Member

@jenkki said: That a example about these credit card payments issues. This VPS was terminated few days ago days but they still continue to send invoices every day with failed payments alerts. If they have my credit card in their WHMC (Non removable) they bill me for non existing product. PayPal balance are SAFE from this kind of charges.

You are supposed to have cancelled the product appropriately with notice period before the invoice is made.

• jenkkijenkki Member
    edited August 2021

@Jio said: You are supposed to have cancelled the product appropriately with notice period before the invoice is made.

If status are - Terminated - they must cancel invoice on demand. No active product no bill. VPS was suspended. I do not use it after previous payment WHMC provide a shit. They store credit cards details on file without ability to remove it without contact support and waiting for a hours or days to reply. Some providers not willing to do that.There a reason why many users never enter credit card details on WHMC billing panel and prefer safe one time payment by PayPal.

• hotsnowhotsnow Veteran
    edited August 2021

ordered one 10 hours ago, noticed can't connect just now, it show as Stopped in the panel, although I can re-start it manually, but I don’t know when and why stopped...

in addition, it show as "2 Cores @ Norway 2.9 GHz" on the order page, but seems my vps only have 1 core? :s

@hotsnow said:
    ordered one 10 hours ago, noticed can't connect just now, it show as Stopped in the panel, although I can re-start it manually, but I don’t know when and why stopped...

in addition, it show as "2 Cores @ Norway 2.9 GHz" on the order page, but seems my vps only have 1 core? :s

Please open a ticket and this will be fixed.

• hotsnowhotsnow Veteran
    edited August 2021

@ApeWeb said:

@hotsnow said:

thank you sir, but I've already submitted the ticket 10 hours ago, got no reply until now. :'(

and another issue, anyone noticed the crazy packets loss on their network now from all over the world? :o

@hotsnow said:

@ApeWeb said:

@hotsnow said:

thank you sir, but I've already submitted the ticket 10 hours ago, got no reply until now. :'(

and another issue, anyone noticed the crazy packets loss on their network now from all over the world? :o

Put all your queries in a ticket and it will be answered with at some point today.

• hotsnowhotsnow Veteran
    edited August 2021

according the ping.pe, the subnet 45.137.203.* seems have crazy packets loss in many moments of every day (such as now) from all over the world, but the lg.terrahost.no which in the same datacenter have no this issue?

• jenkkijenkki Member
    edited August 2021

VPS still offline today after few days. They online and offline every day. Just not take it as real hosting. Just for temporary purposes.

@hotsnow said: according the ping.pe, the subnet 45.137.203.* seems have crazy packets loss in many moments of every day (such as now) from all over the world, but the lg.terrahost.no which in the same datacenter have no this issue?

I guess main hosting provider and reseller not the same quality of service provide. Even in same DC. Cheap refurbished hardware, old used disks etc.

edited August 2021

@hotsnow said:
    according the ping.pe, the subnet 45.137.203.* seems have crazy packets loss in many moments of every day (such as now) from all over the world, but the lg.terrahost.no which in the same datacenter have no this issue?

I do not see this issue at the moment and suggest you check your servers configuration.

1.|-- gateway 10.0% 10 0.2 0.2 0.1 0.2 0.0 2.|-- r2-g21.skynode.pl 0.0% 10 63.2 8.3 2.1 63.2 19.3 3.|-- v101.core1.waw1.he.net 0.0% 10 2.1 4.2 2.1 15.5 4.4 4.|-- 100ge5-2.core1.vno1.he.net 0.0% 10 9.3 9.5 9.1 11.6 0.6 5.|-- 100ge5-2.core1.rix1.he.net 0.0% 10 14.0 16.8 13.9 21.3 2.7 6.|-- 100ge8-2.core1.tll1.he.net 0.0% 10 19.9 20.0 19.9 20.2 0.0 7.|-- 100ge9-2.core1.sto1.he.net 0.0% 10 26.4 25.5 25.3 26.4 0.0 8.|-- 100ge0-36.core2.sto1.he.net 0.0% 10 26.0 26.2 25.7 28.0 0.5 9.|-- 100ge14-1.core1.osl1.he.net 0.0% 10 32.0 32.2 31.9 33.1 0.0 10.|-- 185.1.55.35 0.0% 10 34.3 35.1 34.2 41.9 2.3 11.|-- distro1.dc1.e1-48.k10.terrahost.no 0.0% 10 34.9 34.9 34.8 35.1 0.0 12.|-- 45.137.203.1 0.0% 10 34.7 34.8 34.5 36.0 0.3

The host node you are on @jenki had several drives fail at once (they were new disks) but has been online with now downtime since Saturday. However it will go down for a few minutes today or tomorrow to have more replacement disks installed once they arrive at the data center.

• @ApeWeb said: The host node you are on @jenki had several drives fail at once (they were new disks) but has been online with now downtime since Saturday. However it will go down for a few minutes today or tomorrow to have more replacement disks installed once they arrive at the data center.

Where you take these -Always failed- disks? Just curious. Even no advices by email etc. Just going offline every day.

Where you take these -Always failed- disks? they will be returned to the supplier and likely trashed.
    We did send an email and put a notification on the status page. As said before the server you are on has had no issues since Saturday.

• jenkkijenkki Member
    edited August 2021

@ApeWeb
    Did you even control what exactly remote hands placed into your rented node? Not sure they provide all new top hardware. They may say yes we set all brand new but in real just provide a old hardware instead utilize them. If I being a DC owner I will do this way may be to reduce costs of upgrades.

edited August 2021

Yes. We own this hardware it is not a rented node.

"They may say yes we set all brand new but in real just provide a old hardware instead utilize them. If I being a DC owner I will do this way may be to reduce costs of upgrades"
    Nice to know you would try to defraud your customers though.

• @ApeWeb said: Nice to know you would try to defraud your customers though.

Just get my sarcasm a bit ;)

Norway itself a top expensive country in Europe. Everything in Norway cost too high compared with other Europe. Which reason to them provide everything dirt cheap? But there a reason I guess.

Norway is an expensive country but costs are offset by it being cold resulting in a saving on power.

• @ApeWeb said: ApeWeb

I just trying to explain all your issues

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@jenkki said:

@ApeWeb said: ApeWeb

I just trying to explain all your issues

I'm sure he appreciates your effort!

• @brueggus said: I'm sure he appreciates your effort!

:smiley:

• @ApeWeb said:

@hotsnow said:

I do not see this issue at the moment and suggest you check your servers configuration.

1.|-- gateway 10.0% 10 0.2 0.2 0.1 0.2 0.0 2.|-- r2-g21.skynode.pl 0.0% 10 63.2 8.3 2.1 63.2 19.3 3.|-- v101.core1.waw1.he.net 0.0% 10 2.1 4.2 2.1 15.5 4.4 4.|-- 100ge5-2.core1.vno1.he.net 0.0% 10 9.3 9.5 9.1 11.6 0.6 5.|-- 100ge5-2.core1.rix1.he.net 0.0% 10 14.0 16.8 13.9 21.3 2.7 6.|-- 100ge8-2.core1.tll1.he.net 0.0% 10 19.9 20.0 19.9 20.2 0.0 7.|-- 100ge9-2.core1.sto1.he.net 0.0% 10 26.4 25.5 25.3 26.4 0.0 8.|-- 100ge0-36.core2.sto1.he.net 0.0% 10 26.0 26.2 25.7 28.0 0.5 9.|-- 100ge14-1.core1.osl1.he.net 0.0% 10 32.0 32.2 31.9 33.1 0.0 10.|-- 185.1.55.35 0.0% 10 34.3 35.1 34.2 41.9 2.3 11.|-- distro1.dc1.e1-48.k10.terrahost.no 0.0% 10 34.9 34.9 34.8 35.1 0.0 12.|-- 45.137.203.1 0.0% 10 34.7 34.8 34.5 36.0 0.3

I have tested several IPs in this subnet, not only mine, all have same issues, so it shouldn't be the issue of my vps.

it's ok now, but will occur in many moments of these days.

• RocksterRockster Member
    edited August 2021

I noticed my VPS downtime, so I sent the ticket.

They responded me that IP which I stated in ticket isn't the correct one (?!) and gave me the different one.

Hi, Your VM has the ip 45.137.203.10* not .1* and is online for me.

I couldn't log with this new IP either in so I tryed this IP with old intial vps login from control panel with standard 22 port and there was ... newly reinstalled blank VPS.

They basically deleted or lost my VPS, reinstalled new one with new IPv4 and IPv6 addresses and didn't even realize that ... or they are just playing dumb (which I dislike even more).

I am not sure if I am prepared to deal with such level of incompetency from early beginning wondering when they will screw up next time and then just play dumb.

edited August 2021

Update 1: they refunded me as requested, still denying the issue.
    I am wondering what they will say now when I sent them screenshot of a server details from initial welcome mail - which I set up some week ago.

Update 2: no response apart from removing access to the account and tickets.
    I am fine with that as after refund I am not their client anymore, I just don't appreciate being lied instead of admitting the mistake. That's just not cool thing to do.

edited August 2021

Your account was closed automatically since you are no longer a customer with us.
    Your vm was not recreated/reinstalled by us. The email was likely sent in error since it was an ip not set for vms to be installed automatically with.

edited August 2021

@ApeWeb said:
    Your vm was not recreated/reinstalled by us. The email was likely sent in error since it was an ip not set for vms to be installed automatically with.

Huh?
    So you're saying that I set up and run VPS for days with "non existing" 45.137.203.11 IP address from initial VPS creation mail and the blank newly installed VPS with the new 45.137.203.109 IP address week later is just part of my imagination?
    This is getting better and better...

How would you explain then also new IPv6 address? Let me hear it.

2a0f:9400:700f:45fe:0000:0000:0000:0001/64 before
    2a0f:9400:700f:3ff4:0000:0000:0000:0001/64 later

After being member of this board for ten years with mostly positive appearance here around I have absolutely no reason to lie and I really don't appreciate being lied. VPS with suddenly new IPv4 and IPv6 addresses was newly re-created blank VPS, not the one with my own setup week ago.

Regardless of reinstall or not we would have no need to change your ip.
    This service has been terminated and refunded and as such I feel no need to argue the point with you.

edited August 2021

And yet you did it and you're lying now.

Old VPS Before:

Newly recreated VPS after:

It is what it is now, I just hope, for the sake of your business, that you will be more honest and transparent after your next screw up with some other customers in the future.
    I believe I am reasonable person who would understand and keep things in tickets if honest explanation would be given and you gained exactly nothing lying here.

And even if there's some bug or something out of your control involved it's on you to accept responsibility, to try to find out what's happened to prevent the issue to happen again and to offer to customer some explanation in hope that he will understand it instead of denying the issue and playing dumb.