Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Installing Virtualmin after Webmin ??
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Installing Virtualmin after Webmin ??

pavanpavan Member

Hi,

is it possible to install virtualmin after installing webmin without breaking anything?

I installed webmin 2 months ago and now I have to give access to someone for particular website. So is it possible to install virtualmin without breaking other websites hosted ? or shall i take a backup and go for fresh installation

Comments

• I have never tried this process but most likely it will break because certain things have to be programmed during the installation process

Thanked by 1pavan
  • Yes you can but the process isn't as straight-forward though. Check the official doc for manually installing Virtualmin here: https://www.virtualmin.com/manual/

Thanked by 1pavan
  • I was able to install virtual min as a separate module in webmin. There were several dependencies missing proftp, webanalyzer etc. I disabled it when creating a new virtual server. However my virtualmin account also has the full shell access to the entire server. Which is very odd. is it normal for virtualmin ?