Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nexeon - 1 Year of Colocation in Chicago
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Nexeon - 1 Year of Colocation in Chicago

catscats Member

I realized just a bit ago that I've been with @Nexeon for a year, and I'd like to share my experience so far.

To start, the hardware I have here is a Supermicro 813MTQ, loaded with a Ryzen 7 3700x, X470D4U, 64GB DDR4, a Hyper M.2 card with 2x960GB Crucial MP510s, and 2x12TB WD Whitelabel drives. The expected power draw of this system is about 1-2A at 120V.

I chose the Chicago location due to the proximity to where I live (Michigan), as well as that most of my friends/people who will be playing on various gameservers will have great connectivity due to the central location - the building they are in is New Continuum, which appears to be a very good place to be and looks amazing from the outside.

From the start (back in June 2020), I was very impressed with Charles and his ability to respond quickly and address any concerns. I was also talking to Psychz and others, but they often had quite slow response times and wanted an arm and a leg for anything basic - Psychz even followed up MONTHS later saying I had an overdue invoice/bill for a service I never ordered. A bit of back and forth later, and I managed to get a really reasonable deal on my colocation of this 1U server, with a healthy bandwidth allowance (They offer a REALLY good deal right now for like $45/m, but being a slightly customized setup it's still a great deal for me). Support was also great, as there was an issue with the billing date and it double charged, they were right on it and corrected it immediately.

The shipping in process was painless, simply ship to the address they provided - I provided the tracking number/information to make sure they were aware the server was being shipped in. After receiving it, they set it up within a day or two and everything was perfect, including the extra IPMI port being setup and firewalled right away on request.

Network has been nothing less than fantastic. I have never had a networking blip, routing issue, ping spike, or any slowness at all on this server that I have noticed (no proper monitoring, sorry!) The blend is pretty good, I think it's Cogent, HE, and the other standard providers in Chicago.

Power has been stable as well, even with a single port I've had zero issues with any outages, restarts, or anything unplanned.

Overall, I'm incredibly happy with the service I've been paying for now for a year, and I look forward to many years of the same. If you're looking for something in Chicago and don't want to pay the top-tier prices, Nexeon is definitely one of my favorite places.

Thanked by 3LordSpock Cybr SinV

Comments

• NDTNNDTN Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

+1 for Nexeon. Charles is a very nice guy to work with. We have been with them for years now in Chicago, Buffalo and their new Jacksonville location.

Thanked by 1cats
  • LordSpockLordSpock Member, Host Rep

I had some services with Nexeon a long time ago and they were very good then, super reliable and from my experience the network was excellent for the price point. Hosted some media stuff there without any issues whatsoever.

Glad to hear they're still doing well.

Thanked by 1cats
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Not used them for colo but have done some business with Charles. Couldn’t have gone smoother.

Francisco

Thanked by 1cats