Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please enable Classic PayPal buttons in your invoices! [Providers]
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Please enable Classic PayPal buttons in your invoices! [Providers]

Hi
Kindly ask all providers to include small classic PayPal buttons in your invoices. For some reason, in many countries, buyers cannot pay bills using their new large fake check out (subscription) buttons, as they are not allowed to pay and only one-time payments are possible. Thanks

Comments

• hostnamastehostnamaste Member, Patron Provider

@jenkki said:
    Hi
    Kindly ask all providers to include small classic PayPal buttons in your invoices. For some reason, in many countries, buyers cannot pay bills using their new large fake check out (subscription) buttons, as they are not allowed to pay and only one-time payments are possible. Thanks

Hi,

Most of the hosting providers which are in LET and LEB have both the options or buttons available for clients. "Express" is for One-Time Payment and Recurring to create a subscription,

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

It's silly that a single PayPal module doesn't do both, but for that reason, we have both enabled with "PayPal (Subscription)" and "PayPal (One Time)" (or similar) being the labels shown as options.

Thanked by 1DewlanceVPS
  • rustelekomrustelekom Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2021

Subscription on low cost market does nothing but troubles. We removed subscription option from all payment method which we use. Customer may choose long billing period (and pay for advance) or just add enough money to balance and balance would be charged for periodical fees.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

Providers that insist on PayPal subscriptions during my last payment:

Thanked by 2hnzlet tomazu
  • @jenkki said:
    Hi

how many countries?

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

Much better option is remove PayPal as payment option, if your country don’t support subscription - more likely don’t support one off payment too.

PayPal nowadays huge as corporate company and very greedy, all the same option are available via Stripe + extras, example: Apple and Google pay, direct debits

• jayjayjayjay Member, Host Rep

We've got the standard classic one enabled too - lots of demand from clients as they can't pay through subscriptions

• NDTNNDTN Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

We have disabled the new WHMCS's Paypal Subscription module just after 1 month using, caused too many issues with recurring payments that customers did not want.
    Stick with Paypal Classic now.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

Oh, wow, @jenkki is back, it's been a while

• tomazutomazu Member, Host Rep

@yoursunny said:

I have re-enabled PayPal Express, but please be aware that it is PayPal, Inc. itself pushing hard for merchants to use only the subscription buttons.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@yoursunny said:

We use reference transactions, which essentially links your PayPal account and lets us charge you as we would a credit card and PayPal adds a card requirement on their end for this so I wouldn't be surprised if there's also other limitations and issues.

We've taken out PayPal for now, until we figure out what to do about their new fees and decide if we want to even use them moving forward. Anyone who has a current agreement set up should continue to be able to pay using PayPal as usual for their services using PayPal but no one will be able to use PayPal for the time being at least for new orders. Although this shouldn't really affect anyone as our PayPal integration has always basically required a credit card anyway. I think there was one specific way in the past to make a one-time payment with no card but that had its own issues as well.

So far we've done the following to encourage people not to use PayPal:

• Added Apple Pay/Google Pay integration through Stripe (untested.)
    • Added Coinbase (we accept USD through this as well, good way for US people if they want to use a "wallet" based app to hold a balance.)
    • We're allowing people to remove their linked credit card freely, we'll see how this plays out and if there's an uptick in fraud as a result.

What we're planning to do as well:

• More lax refund opportunities since I do know some people appreciate PayPal's "easier" disputes although if we cared to respond to these we'd basically win them all anyway.

If we do continue with PayPal in any way, we'll probably be adding more restrictions such as order minimums. We may have to start kicking certain low-priced packages and specials off being able to continue pay with PayPal but we'll provide some type of warning for this if we move forward with it. I do know some people really like their PayPal and they'd rather we just pass on fees, so we may provide that as an option but then we'll naturally still get complaints about price hikes.

• jenkkijenkki Member

Yeah, just stuck open a tickets with every new purchase asking to enable old payment buttons. Some just says OK others are suggest to ,,Pay by credit card,, and going to be cancelled.

• @VirMach A little notice would have been nice. I would have loaded up some more credit to my account. Hell the rate increases have not even gone into effect yet. Bye Bye VirMach it was good while it lasted. /rant

• jenkkijenkki Member

@ElChile said: ElChile

If cheap low end providers starts increase prices clients just cancel it and never been returned back. Remind Cloudatcost and Aruba Cloud.

Thanked by 1ElChile
  • DrvDrv Member

It's not like just only one provider will increase the price, they are all forced to do since paypal increasing fee's...
    So, go where? Sure, some will switch to pay with cc (if they really want low price) but other's will still use paypal because "reasons".

• jenkkijenkki Member
    edited July 2021

@angstrom said: Oh, wow, @jenkki is back, it's been a while

Yep. I just hoped to get ,, Member in laws,, as my Lowendtalk badge ;)