Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Boomer.host - From $3.5/yr with Dedicated IPv4 & IPv6 - OpenVZ 7 offers with PURE SSD Storage - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Boomer.host - From $3.5/yr with Dedicated IPv4 & IPv6 - OpenVZ 7 offers with PURE SSD Storage

Comments

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

So it is a hard monthly limit. Nothing yearly (in which case unused bandwidth could be used in another month of year).

Then I would suggest removing these false yearly bandwidth amounts.
    Every provider lists only monthly bandwidth if counted monthly - of course also for yearly payment methods.

• ezethezeth Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2021

@dfroe said:
    So it is a hard monthly limit. Nothing yearly (in which case unused bandwidth could be used in another month of year).

Then I would suggest removing these false yearly bandwidth amounts.
    Every provider lists only monthly bandwidth if counted monthly - of course also for yearly payment methods.

I'm not familiar with how other providers do it, but I thought it made perfect sense to list theoretical yearly limits since it's a yearly plan.

I did try to specify it more more clearly on my other packages, 360 GB of Bandwidth monthly (4.32TB/yr) sadly I can no longer edit the thread to make this more clear.

Although 1500GB Bandwidth (125 GB per month) sounds pretty clear to me. So far everyone that ordered seems to have understood this as well

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2021

Sometimes it's helpful to have a look at the market (incl. competitors) you want to sell at.

And just because something makes sense to you, doesn't mean it's clear for anyone else as well.

That's what I wanted you to know as a hint. From a formal point of view the bandwidth is provided / reset every interval (month) so you must specify it that way. Or maybe "125 GB/month (up to 1.5TB/year)"

If you offer 1.5TB bandwith (without any time) and your logic is that it is provided every year just because the payment interval is yearly, then you also have to provide an additional CPU, 5GB SSD etc. every year.

Thanked by 2yoursunny TimboJones
    edited July 2021

@dfroe said:
    Sometimes it's helpful to have a look at the market (incl. competitors) you want to sell at.

And just because something makes sense to you, doesn't mean it's clear for anyone else as well.

That's what I wanted you to know as a hint. From a formal point of view the bandwidth is provided / reset every interval (month) so you must specify it that way. Or maybe "125 GB/month (up to 1.5TB/year)"

If you offer 1.5TB bandwith (without any time) and your logic is that it is provided every year just because the payment interval is yearly, then you also have to provider an additional CPU, 5GB SSD etc. every year.

125 GB/month (up to 1.5TB/year) does sound better, thanks for the suggestion. I'll use this for my next offers

• dgc1980dgc1980 Member
    edited July 2021

VPS #252 :) (shows 261 in the email though, 252 in the panel) shows 262 in virtualizor panel,

thank you for a cheap system I can test things on.

edit: added the other VPS ID's I am super confused as to what one now. lol.

Invoice #1053

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

I thought you had to be in business a year to offer annual plans.

@MannDude said:

FAT (admin) responded to this before

"

While it is not allowed to post yearly offers on a newly registered company, but our selling rule only specify maximum $21 quarterly, so their highest plan $18.95 yearly actually surprisingly fit our rules... (whether intentional or not)"

Thanked by 2FAT32 MannDude
  • hapahapa Member

Hello~

VPS ID : #254 and Invoice : #1054

Please double bandwidth .

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

@ezeth said:

@MannDude said:

"

While it is not allowed to post yearly offers on a newly registered company, but our selling rule only specify maximum $21 quarterly, so their highest plan $18.95 yearly actually surprisingly fit our rules... (whether intentional or not)"

Ah, gotcha. I've just been tip-toeing the rules so as to not upset anyone so wasn't for sure.

$21 a year or less is fine. Got it.

Thanked by 2ezeth FAT32
    edited July 2021

@dgc1980 said:
    VPS #252 :) (shows 261 in the email though, 252 in the panel) shows 262 in virtualizor panel,

thank you for a cheap system I can test things on.

edit: added the other VPS ID's I am super confused as to what one now. lol.

Invoice #1053

Done! You're welcome :) There's a bug in the Clientexec virtualizor plugin (our billing platform) so that it sometimes creates two VPSes (1/50 chance by the looks of it), one without IP and one with IP. That's why you got both 261 and 262.

Their support said that they will fix it tomorrow. I removed the duplicate one and you should now only see one in your panel

@hapa said:
    Hello~

VPS ID : #254 and Invoice : #1054

Please double bandwidth .

Done!

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited July 2021

@ezeth said:

@MannDude said:

"

So, unsustainable deals (IPv4 alone costs >$4/year), and deadpool after a quarter?

Thanked by 1dahartigan
    edited July 2021

@yoursunny said:

@ezeth said:

@MannDude said:

"

So, unsustainable deals (IPv4 alone costs >$4/year), and deadpool after a quarter?

Not quite. I'll be here for the renewal of these services. I've been in this industry ever since 2019, and I plan to be here for many more years to come. Then under HostUp LLC now under DFDB LLC.

The server hardware is owned and colocated, and I have already set aside a sum of money to keep this going.

I can't say these deals make much of a profit, but they sure as hell aren't making a loss. Last time I leased IPv4 was from zappiehost for 60USD a month for a /24 block. Even at those prices it's just 2.8USD/yr, but I got it for much cheaper now.

• Is this a meme host like mzungu or something?

Kinda has summer host/exit scam vibes to me..

Thanked by 2yoursunny dfroe
    edited July 2021

@dahartigan said:
    Is this a meme host like mzungu or something?

It's branding. Boomer.host = clicks

• @ezeth said:

@dahartigan said:
    Is this a meme host like mzungu or something?

It's branding. Boomer.host = clicks

Fair enough

• _MS__MS_ Member

Hey LET, Why's there no YABS yet?

• muneebrocksmuneebrocks Member
    edited July 2021

VPSID : 42
    double bandwidth please

• coldcold Member

no PayPal?

• oniichanoniichan Member
    edited July 2021

id #256 thx XD , Vps ID is 267

• VPSID 154

• edited July 2021

on Panel Product ID : #258
    on Email VPSID : #268
    Invoice #1059

Thanked by 1Ganonk
  • edited July 2021

MS said:
    Hey LET, Why's there no YABS yet?

root@tex:~# curl -sL yabs.sh | bash -s -- -
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2021-06-05                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Sat Jul 24 18:36:05 CEST 2021

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Processor  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2640 v2 @ 2.00GHz
    CPU cores  : 1 @ 2299.804 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 256.0 MiB
    Swap       : 0.0 KiB
    Disk       : 1.9 GiB

Less than 2GB of space available. Skipping disk test...

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed     
                    |                           |                 |                
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 85.9 Mbits/sec  | 93.9 Mbits/sec 
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 86.7 Mbits/sec  | 93.7 Mbits/sec 
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 89.2 Mbits/sec  | 93.7 Mbits/sec 
    Biznet          | Jakarta, Indonesia (1G)   | 69.4 Mbits/sec  | 65.1 Mbits/sec 
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 93.5 Mbits/sec  | 96.1 Mbits/sec 
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 92.6 Mbits/sec  | 95.7 Mbits/sec 
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 93.2 Mbits/sec  | 95.8 Mbits/sec 
    Iveloz Telecom  | Sao Paulo, BR (2G)        | 85.4 Mbits/sec  | 91.3 Mbits/sec 

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed     
                    |                           |                 |                
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 77.2 Mbits/sec  | 92.5 Mbits/sec 
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 74.6 Mbits/sec  | 92.5 Mbits/sec 
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 71.9 Mbits/sec  | 92.3 Mbits/sec 
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 93.6 Mbits/sec  | 94.8 Mbits/sec 
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 93.2 Mbits/sec  | 94.7 Mbits/sec 

Geekbench 5 test failed. Run manually to determine cause.

Thanked by 2_MS_ Ganonk
  • APIAPI Member

ID: #260
    Thanks a lot in advance!

• well, that is not great, seems my VPS went down. then all of a sudden my config has been changed and it has been freshly reinstalled without any notification

• VPSID : 272

:smile:

edited July 2021

@dgc1980 said:
    well, that is not great, seems my VPS went down. then all of a sudden my config has been changed and it has been freshly reinstalled without any notification

That sounds very strange!

I have checked the virtualizor action history for your VPSID and could not find any reinstallation action done after it was created

Here is all the actions for your VPSID

Oh and the issue where it sometimes creates 2 VPSes, one with no IP and one with an IP has been fixed!

• @ezeth said: That sounds very strange!

I have checked the virtualizor action history for your VPSID and could not find any reinstallation action done after it was created

I wonder if the issue was when you deleted the one without an IP was the one I originally did the stuff on, and after you deleted that, it brought up the other one as a fresh system.

but if you have fixed the duplicate issue, it may be fixed.

thankfully I did not install too much on it and it was normal initialization/customization commands.

edited July 2021

@dgc1980 said:

@ezeth said: That sounds very strange!

I wonder if the issue was when you deleted the one without an IP was the one I originally did the stuff on, and after you deleted that, it brought up the other one as a fresh system.

but if you have fixed the duplicate issue, it may be fixed.

thankfully I did not install too much on it and it was normal initialization/customization commands.

Hmm, you shouldn't have been able to connect to the VPS without the IP. I only deleted the duplicated VPS that had no IP, and that VM shouldn't have had any connectivity. But it does seem to be the only explaination looking over the action logs

@oniichan said:
    id #256 thx XD , Vps ID is 267

@chocolateshirt said:
    on Panel Product ID : #258
    on Email VPSID : #268
    Invoice #1059

@Islander_pacific said:
    VPSID : 272

:smile:

@API said:
    ID: #260
    Thanks a lot in advance!

Done! I believe I doubbled all of your bandwidth.

Thanked by 1chocolateshirt
  • skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

how much for additional ipv4?

This discussion has been closed.