Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

soyoustart.com dedicated server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

soyoustart.com dedicated server

greeting this is my first topic I would like to know the opinions of soyoustart.com someone here has servers with them as they forgive them for my English

Comments

• JasonhyperhostJasonhyperhost Member, Patron Provider

Hi so you start is the Budget version of OVH , they have all of there Old / Legacy Models , the network is also limited to 250 on all of the servers ,

with so you start there is no customisation you get what you see.

• AllHost_RepAllHost_Rep Member, Patron Provider

Very well priced and high performance servers but be aware that you get no support other than hardware and network.

If you're comfortable with that then they're definitely a good option.

I did unfortunately have full data loss when the technician removed the wrong drive in the RAID array for a replacement, but no issues other than that.

Thanked by 2sucre13 lorian
  • xetsysxetsys Member

Hetzner offers more for less. I am not sure why you are even bothering with soyoustart. If you just want it for location, then kimsufi would be a better option.

Thanked by 1sucre13
  • @xetsys said:
    Hetzner offers more for less. I am not sure why you are even bothering with soyoustart. If you just want it for location, then kimsufi would be a better option.

I just want to know the opinions of those who have servers in that place just about how it has worked in this time

• xetsysxetsys Member
    edited July 2021

@sucre13 said:

@xetsys said:

I just want to know the opinions of those who have servers in that place just about how it has worked in this time

It works fine. I still have few servers there. The network speed is really off putting. Otherwise its rock solid

Thanked by 1sucre13
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

You get what you pay for.

Thanked by 1sucre13
  • dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

@AllHost_Ben said:
    I did unfortunately have full data loss when the technician removed the wrong drive in the RAID array for a replacement, but no issues other than that.

May I ask what datacenter it was?

I don't know whether OVH has employed locals in their datacenters but my last experience with HDD replacements in their German datacenter was pretty good.

After I sent smartctl output from rescue system showing bad blocks a replacement for exact this HDD confirmed by S/N was scheduled and process on the next day. This particular HDD was replaced by another one (older but without bad blocks) and the technicians mentioned he would also recommend to replace another one because of a bunch of SATA read errors. After I rebuilt my storage array also this other HDD was replaced upon request one day later. It was just a simple HDD replacement, but picking the correct one of totally four HDDs worked fine twice.

@xetsys said:
    Hetzner offers more for less. I am not sure why you are even bothering with soyoustart.

For some folks OVH might offer a better bandwidth mix and ddos protections. And if you already have something with Hetzner you shouldn't put all your eggs into the same basket.

@xetsys said:
    If you just want it for location, then kimsufi would be a better option.

SYS outbound bandwidth throttling to 250 Mbps is quite low but still 2.5x of Kimsufi.
    CPU and HDD/SSD configurations are much weaker with Kimsufi as well and you get some additional IPs for bridged VMs & co. for free with SYS.
    End the end it of course depends on your use case but for me personally SYS offers better bang for the buck than Kimsufi.

• my question is how long does it take to deliver the dedicated server once paid

• JasonhyperhostJasonhyperhost Member, Patron Provider

@sucre13 said:
    my question is how long does it take to deliver the dedicated server once paid

from previous experience its about 30ish mins for them to provide details once ordered

Thanked by 1sucre13
  • My experience, 10 mins max 30

Thanked by 1sucre13