Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Startup query
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Startup query

edited July 2021 in Help

Hello guys,

I want to start a web hosting business, but my budget is very minimal. I can't afford the Cpanel and WHMCS together, and I don't want to use any reseller hostings. I want to use my servers to serve others. I'm looking for a cheap/open-source self-hosted Cpanel & WHMCS/WHM alternative that works with Nginx. I am thinking of reskinning the control panel and making it like Cpanel UI, so please guide me.

Edit: A small request, If you can't help, please ignore my thread. I'm not here to listen to your "motivations." :) if you know what I mean.

Comments

• Don't.

• DrvDrv Member

You have a lot of competition.
    Why do you think you can survive and make profit?
    What can you bring more on the table that others dont already?

• rahulksrahulks Member
    edited July 2021

@Demoxing said: I'm looking for a cheap/open-source self-hosted Cpanel

Vulnerabilities are common with them. How about Sleepless night's ?

@Demoxing said: WHMCS/WHM alternative

What about automation like in?

@Demoxing said: Cpanel & WHMCS

• @Drv said:
    You have a lot of competition.
    Why do you think you can survive and make a profit?
    What can you bring more on the table that others don't already?

I have a locally targeted audience. Right now, I am not worried about customers. I haven't even started yet. Why give up so earlier?

• deankdeank Member, Troll

The end is nigh.

• TeYroXTeYroX Member

Blesta from @seriesn aka NexusBytes and Centos Webpanel for hosting panel? ;)

• Oh no ... :o

• Take it from me, spend the extra money and get a proper provider who accepts paypal. BUYVM and Nexusbytes are your best bet

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@Demoxing said:
    I want to start a web hosting business

Wrong forum. This forum is about the end, not the start.

You can make a web design business though.
    Is there any local restaurant, car wash, roofing, etc, that lacks a website?

@deank said:
    The end is nigh.

Thanked by 1AXYZE
  • ezethezeth Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2021

a cheap/open-source self-hosted Cpanel

cheap + cpanel + google Hmmmmmm. It's probably just nulled or malware so will not recommend. try apiscp

• Ian_Dot_TechIan_Dot_Tech Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2021

I want to reply in-depth on why this is a bad idea. Though, I have done this many times before. Since it obviously would not matter, all that's left to say is:

@deank said:
    The end is nigh.

• ezethezeth Member, Patron Provider

You can also just try becoming a memer for a crypto coin. They pay 100k a year

• ericlsericls Member, Patron Provider

@rahulks said:

@Demoxing said: I'm looking for a cheap/open-source self-hosted Cpanel

Vulnerabilities are common with them. How about Sleepless night's ?

@Demoxing said: WHMCS/WHM alternative

What about automation like in?

@Demoxing said: Cpanel & WHMCS

It's strange than open source projects has more vulnerabilities than proprietary ones... Maybe they lack maintanace? Maybe they are just source open but not open source?

• DrvDrv Member

If they release the proprietary code i bet you they have more vulnerabilities than the free ones.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

@Ian_Dot_Tech said:
    I want to reply in-depth on why this is a bad idea. Though, I have done this many times before. Since it obviously would not matter, all that's left to say is:

@deank said:
    The end is nigh.

Indeed. No point in a long explanation as these people won't read it anyway. They've already made up their mind at the moment of making these kind of threads.