Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS in France that can unblock Netflix
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS in France that can unblock Netflix

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for a small VPS (configuration-wise) in France that can unblock Netflix, with good port speed (at least 100 Mbps up and down).
I know, it's not an easy thing to get, but I got the budget.

I'm going to try OVH but still don't know if it's blocked.

Any other options?

Thanks guys!

Comments

• xetsysxetsys Member
    edited July 2021

Its blocked. Dont bother. All popular DCs will be blocked.

You can check controlD if you want to spend less and have access to several regional netflix titles.

• Thank you, but I really need a VPS for what I'm doing.. Maybe there's some kind of unknown VPS provider that would work?

• skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2021

@SLAriel said:
    Thank you, but I really need a VPS for what I'm doing.. Maybe there's some kind of unknown VPS provider that would work?

yes there is:
    1. find someone online that's from France and would share some bandwidth and electricity with you
    2. set up a raspberry pi with openvpn or wire guard and send it to them
    3. they hook it up to their router and electricity
    4. you pay then a small monthly fee for electricity and internet plus collocation

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • I'd prefer to get a US Residential IP vps :)

• Take a vps anywhere, connect it to NordVPN (or any other vpn that works for Netflix) then your vps will have access to Netflix in any county, including france (tested)

• Cheapest option is to get a keepsolid vpn lifetime subscription from stacksocial when available.

• @angelius said:
    Take a vps anywhere, connect it to NordVPN (or any other vpn that works for Netflix) then your vps will have access to Netflix in any county, including france (tested)

what's the point of this if you can connect the device directly to nord and achieve the same thing without a vps?

• @hacktek said:

@angelius said:
    Take a vps anywhere, connect it to NordVPN (or any other vpn that works for Netflix) then your vps will have access to Netflix in any county, including france (tested)

what's the point of this if you can connect the device directly to nord and achieve the same thing without a vps?

OP said:

Thank you, but I really need a VPS for what I'm doing.. Maybe there's some kind of unknown VPS provider that would work?

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

You can also use KeepSolidDNS or Getflix Smart DNS.

Thanked by 2Ympker malignify
  • angstromangstrom Moderator

@SLAriel said:
    I know, it's not an easy thing to get, but I got the budget.

Good luck with your budget

I'm going to try OVH but still don't know if it's blocked.

Very probably blocked

Congrats on your first post

• gregggregg Member

FWIW my Ikoula IP works fine with Netflix

Thanked by 1SLAriel
  • AllHost_RepAllHost_Rep Member, Patron Provider

If you really want access to Netflix then go with NordVPN.

• Hey everyone thank you for all the replays but unfortunately I really need a VPS, NordVPN can't help me here :((

• AllHost_RepAllHost_Rep Member, Patron Provider

How come you need a VPS in particular out of interest?

You should look for a VPS provider that can provide "residential" connectivity in that case.

I'm _fairly _ certain this is how the large VPS providers that guarantee Netflix access are working around ASN-level blocks - traffic to/from netflix is pushed over the residential line and other traffic is through their upstream providers.

• Im> @AllHost_Ben said:

How come you need a VPS in particular out of interest?

You should look for a VPS provider that can provide "residential" connectivity in that case.

I'm _fairly _ certain this is how the large VPS providers that guarantee Netflix access are working around ASN-level blocks - traffic to/from netflix is pushed over the residential line and other traffic is through their upstream providers.

I'm looking to proxy Netflix for my service.
    I looked for a lot of servers that some VPNs use (Windscribe and Surfshark) and every time that I try to order one it never works for me.

Specifically with France it's even a harder task, but I hoped maybe some expert here has some advice.

• @skorupion said:

@SLAriel said:

yes there is:
    1. find someone online that's from France and would share some bandwidth and electricity with you
    2. set up a raspberry pi with openvpn or wire guard and send it to them
    3. they hook it up to their router and electricity
    4. you pay then a small monthly fee for electricity and internet plus collocation

You're probably right, might be the best option right now. Thank you!